The Other Gods of Destruction Violent??

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

The Other Gods of Destruction Violent??

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun May 08, 2016 4:24 pm

After reading the summary of the latest episode it was stated by Whis that the other destroyer gods are violent?? Or dangerous? I don't know exactly what term was used for it? Are they like evil? And what kind of designs would you guys like for them? I personally would like more egyptian deity like characters aswell as an animal zoo. Maybe some Beerus and Whis recolors would be cool to. Like one of them being a lizard and the other a humanoid crocodile.

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Re: The Other Gods of Destruction Violent??

Post by Blade » Sun May 08, 2016 4:37 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:After reading the summary of the latest episode it was stated by Whis that the other destroyer gods are violent?? Or dangerous? I don't know exactly what term was used for it? Are they like evil? And what kind of designs would you guys like for them? I personally would like more egyptian deity like characters aswell as an animal zoo. Maybe some Beerus and Whis recolors would be cool to. Like one of them being a lizard and the other a humanoid crocodile.
I think that saying that they're dangerous is sort of non-revealing. I mean, Beerus is plenty dangerous and violent too - he's got a number of genocides under his belt. If I were to guess, though, I doubt that we're going to see any seriously nasty Gods in manner - it just doesn't seem Toriyama's way, especially after the Earthquake.

He really didn't like the original dark, evil-injecting, reptillian direction that Birus (virus) was going to take in Yusuke Watanabe's first script for Battle of Gods. Toriyama toned him down into his current feline guise in near-protest against the idea.
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun May 08, 2016 4:54 pm

Blade wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:After reading the summary of the latest episode it was stated by Whis that the other destroyer gods are violent?? Or dangerous? I don't know exactly what term was used for it? Are they like evil? And what kind of designs would you guys like for them? I personally would like more egyptian deity like characters aswell as an animal zoo. Maybe some Beerus and Whis recolors would be cool to. Like one of them being a lizard and the other a humanoid crocodile.
I think that saying that they're dangerous is sort of non-revealing. I mean, Beerus is plenty dangerous and violent too - he's got a number of genocides under his belt. If I were to guess, though, I doubt that we're going to see any seriously nasty Gods in manner - it just doesn't seem Toriyama's way, especially after the Earthquake.

He really didn't like the original dark, evil-injecting, reptillian direction that Birus (virus) was going to take in Yusuke Watanabe's first script for Battle of Gods. Toriyama toned him down into his current feline guise in near-protest against the idea.
Well at least 1 of them is going to be a bit darker.. Remember there are 10 other destroyer gods. They don't necesarily ALL have to be laidback you know. But the way Whis was talking made it sound like they were more serious than Beerus and Champa.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Sun May 08, 2016 9:35 pm

I'm actually looking for at least one of them to be an old man who shows no mercy destroying planets on a whim, and he's going to look at Beerus and Champa and say they are too weak/merciful/laid back with their job. "Kid's these days don't know how to do it right, back in my time we-" Sort of scenario. Then of course Goku will change his evil ways. It seems like a joke that Toriyama would do, especially since Beerus has been around since well... Forever in our time.

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Sun May 08, 2016 10:41 pm

Whis calls them 凶暴, meaning "brutal", "violent", "ferocious", etc.

The idea seems to be that they are easy to anger and quickly turn to violence rather than them being evil or sadistic.
Satan wrote:Lortedrøm! Bøh slog min datter ihjel! Hvad bilder du dig ind, Bøh?! Nu kommer Super-Satan og rydder op!

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon May 09, 2016 11:59 am

Adamant wrote:Whis calls them 凶暴, meaning "brutal", "violent", "ferocious", etc.

The idea seems to be that they are easy to anger and quickly turn to violence rather than them being evil or sadistic.
Thanks for the clarification.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon May 09, 2016 5:48 pm

As I mentioned in the thread for the episode, I'm more interested in the insinuation that Whis made that one of them might destroy the Earth if they lost. Would they even be allowed to do that (destroy a planet in another universe)? Wouldn't they get in trouble with the Omni-King/Zeno?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147