"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Spenzer
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Spenzer » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:36 pm

I hope they put Goku Black in the demo.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:38 pm

Spenzer wrote:I hope they put Goku Black in the demo.
Highly doubt it considering hes a pre-order bonus. He may even be exclusive like SSJ4 Vegeta was in the first game. Dont hold your breath for a character of that possible status being readily available to everyone.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:26 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Rinsankajugin wrote:A new XV2 trailer is coming when the game is shown off at TGS.

Ready for some new info in a couple of weeks?
Do we know wheather the demo wil be a new demo?
A part of me wants to hope that it is since this is the last gaming convention well big one they will probably be a part of before the release but. Considering past events lets not get our hopes up. I would say we should probably get a new 3 minute trailer at the very least.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:34 pm

Expected, as Dragon Ball Xenoverse had these amount of trailers. I'd say this one will be the last trailer we get (not counting a possible another commercial version).

Can't wait for TGS.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:03 pm

Grimlock wrote:Expected, as Dragon Ball Xenoverse had these amount of trailers. I'd say this one will be the last trailer we get (not counting a possible another commercial version).

Can't wait for TGS.
Think it will be a story trailer? Or just one show casing the transformations, some of the new maps and some clips of the Boss battle mode?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:08 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Grimlock wrote:Expected, as Dragon Ball Xenoverse had these amount of trailers. I'd say this one will be the last trailer we get (not counting a possible another commercial version).

Can't wait for TGS.
Think it will be a story trailer? Or just one show casing the transformations, some of the new maps and some clips of the Boss battle mode?
I would have to say a story trailer. They have shown a lot of gameplay and new features I can't really recall a story specific trailer. At least give us half story and half new maps and characters.

BluePiccolo
Beyond Newbie

Post by BluePiccolo » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:55 pm

So did anyone pre-order Xeno2 for PC? I'm interested to know exactly what does the Deluxe version yield in comparison to the standard pre-order.
I wonder if there will be an additional Premium purchase with an exclusive Master Stars Piece figure like the Future Trunks last time.
2 months to go...
\o/ Check out my Unboxing videos of high quality DBZ related stuff from Japan. \o/

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:59 pm

BluePiccolo wrote:So did anyone pre-order Xeno2 for PC? I'm interested to know exactly what does the Deluxe version yield in comparison to the standard pre-order.
I wonder if there will be an additional Premium purchase with an exclusive Master Stars Piece figure like the Future Trunks last time.
2 months to go...
There is a Master Stars Piece Goku for the Collectors Edition but idk of its for PC

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:10 pm

BluePiccolo wrote:So did anyone pre-order Xeno2 for PC? I'm interested to know exactly what does the Deluxe version yield in comparison to the standard pre-order.
The Deluxe edition is just the game with the season pass included. .
Dbzfan94 wrote:There is a Master Stars Piece Goku for the Collectors Edition but idk of its for PC
I don't think it is but I could be wrong.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:16 am

Kanassa wrote:Think it will be a story trailer? Or just one show casing the transformations, some of the new maps and some clips of the Boss battle mode?
It could be anything. As I said many times by now, I'm satisfied with the amount of information we got so far, so even if the new trailer showcases the same scenes of all trailers released so far... I won't be disappointed.

Not to mention the next V-Jump in September 21st, which will likely contain some more piece of information the way it was August revealing just Majin Vegeta (maybe the next scan will confirm Metal Cooler?).
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:30 am

I hope the Day 1 edition isn't limited. I am going to preorder now in September and will be seriously pissed not getting Goku Black and Super Trunks.
Can I have the game returned and refunded then?
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Darknat
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Darknat » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:54 am

MCDaveG wrote:I hope the Day 1 edition isn't limited. I am going to preorder now in September and will be seriously pissed not getting Goku Black and Super Trunks.
Can I have the game returned and refunded then?
Take care with where you order. I wrote Bandai Namco about this 1st edition DLC since I never got mine for XV1 and they replied that each seller may have a different deal. So make sure that where you buy it has the DLC for 1st edition.

At least Amazon Spain does have the DLC, and they'll sent it through mail (I guess they mean email) once the game is out.

I bought XV1 from Game last year and they had the steel box instead of the DLC (that's what Namco Bandai told me).

Also, regarding Super Trunks, take into consideration that one thing is the DLC and then we have early access for Trunks and the season pass.

The Collector's edition only comes with the DLC ( and the figure of Goku and Time Patroller guide)

The deluxe edition comes with the DLC, the early access for Trunks and the Season Pass.

I'm guessing that early access just means that, that you can play with that character before getting it in the game the normal way.

Chelentano
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Chelentano » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:28 am

So, I was waiting for my usual Steam codes provider site to offer preorders for Xenoverse 2 and they finally did it today. But reading the description of the game I saw that they didn't talk about any bonuses. So I reached them and they told me that, for this particular game, only a few providers (such as Steam, Amazon and Gamestop) have the right to offer the preorder bonuses. So think wisely where you do your preorders, guys.

I'm now debating between buy the game on Steam and get Goku Black or buy it on this site and get a 21% discount (or maybe more).
Last edited by Chelentano on Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Steam profile: psn_chelentano
Xenoverse 2 characters: Rugal (female Saiyan), Salacadula (male Majin), Sleet (Freezer race)

Haseowolf
Patreon Supporter

Post by Haseowolf » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:35 am

Chelentano wrote:So, I was waiting for my usual Steam codes provider site to offer preorders for Xenoverse 2 and they finally did it today. But reading the description of the game I saw that they didn't talk about any bonuses. So I reached them and they told me that, for this particular game, only a few providers (such as Steam, Amazon and Gamestop) have the right to offer the preorder bonuses. So think wisely where you do your preorders, guys.

I'm now debating between get the game on Steam and get mi Goku Black or get it on this site and get a 21% discount (or maybe more).
I mean, I'd go for getting it on Steam in case this turns into a SSj4 Vegeta thing all over again. You'll be kicking yourself down the line. Sure, you save money now, but then you've got the whole time of "Man, really wish I could have gotten Black." At least, that's how I'm looking at it for my PC preorder.
[[ Saber_Breaker ]]
Want even MORE Dragon Ball podcast goodness? Check out We Gotta Podcast on Spotify, YouTube, or anywhere else you get your podcasts.

Viewtiful Jess
Beyond Newbie

Post by Viewtiful Jess » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:02 pm

I hope since they are bring Future Gohan into this, they can at least take his left arm away for a costume. I believe only Sagas has done that right? Really wish costumes werent tied to move sets...

While we're at it can we please have this Trunks WITHOUT the Sword?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
  • ✪ 2008 - Dragon Ball: Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!!
    ✪ 2009 - Dragon Ball: Raging Blast
    ✪ 2010 - Dragon Ball Online / Dragon Ball Heroes
    ✪ 2011 - Dragon Ball: Episode of Bardock
    ✪ 2015 - Dragon Ball: Xenoverse / Dragon Ball Super
    ✪ 2016 - Dragon Ball: Fusions
Dragon Ball AF is REAL

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:12 pm

Viewtiful Jess wrote:I hope since they are bring Future Gohan into this, they can at least take his left arm away for a costume. I believe only Sagas has done that right? Really wish costumes werent tied to move sets...

While we're at it can we please have this Trunks WITHOUT the Sword?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Chances are we may get this trunks but with long hair because his sleeveless jacket is in the game so I hope so. Not that a costume is a indicator of a character being in.

Chelentano
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Chelentano » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:31 pm

Haseowolf wrote:I mean, I'd go for getting it on Steam in case this turns into a SSj4 Vegeta thing all over again. You'll be kicking yourself down the line. Sure, you save money now, but then you've got the whole time of "Man, really wish I could have gotten Black." At least, that's how I'm looking at it for my PC preorder.
I've made the preorder on Steam, finally. I wish I could have more info about Goku Black on the game, though. Like his moves or if it will have transformation.

I just sent you a friend request on Steam, by the way.
Xenoverse 2 characters: Rugal (female Saiyan), Salacadula (male Majin), Sleet (Freezer race)

BluePiccolo
Beyond Newbie

Post by BluePiccolo » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:00 am

Chelentano wrote:
Haseowolf wrote:I mean, I'd go for getting it on Steam in case this turns into a SSj4 Vegeta thing all over again. You'll be kicking yourself down the line. Sure, you save money now, but then you've got the whole time of "Man, really wish I could have gotten Black." At least, that's how I'm looking at it for my PC preorder.
I've made the preorder on Steam, finally. I wish I could have more info about Goku Black on the game, though. Like his moves or if it will have transformation.

I just sent you a friend request on Steam, by the way.
You preordered the standard version or the deluxe one? How much did you pay?
I'm thinking about preordering as well, Steam seems like the safest choice for now.
Just waiting for some items to sell on eBay...

What are your steam names?
\o/ Check out my Unboxing videos of high quality DBZ related stuff from Japan. \o/

Chelentano
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Chelentano » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:16 am

BluePiccolo wrote:You preordered the standard version or the deluxe one? How much did you pay?
I'm thinking about preordering as well, Steam seems like the safest choice for now.

49'99€ for the standard version. I'm sure that I will get the season pass with a good discount when it be available on one of those cheap Steam codes sites. So seems a bit silly to me to get the Deluxe edition (which only content it's the season pass) when I can get the preorder bonuses with the standard.

My Steam ID is psn_chelentano.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:15 pm

Chelentano wrote:
BluePiccolo wrote:You preordered the standard version or the deluxe one? How much did you pay?

49'99€ for the standard version. I'm sure that I will get the season pass with a good discount when it be available on one of those cheap Steam codes sites. So seems a bit silly to me to get the Deluxe edition (which only content it's the season pass) when I can get the preorder bonuses with the standard.

My Steam ID is psn_chelentano.
I'm doing something similar by getting the standard version and waiting on the Season Pass until the first DLC or something gets announced. "Super" Future Trunks can wait.