"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chelentano
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Chelentano » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:00 am

Helios518 wrote:Did anyone else have gotten the problem of transferring your XV1 character and then get some Earthling in his undies as the statue? Is there any fix to this besides erasing the save?

Edit: Here's pics of the problem https://imgur.com/gallery/iJEd8
I'm sorry for your problem, but that's hilarious.
Steam profile: psn_chelentano
Xenoverse 2 characters: Rugal (female Saiyan), Salacadula (male Majin), Sleet (Freezer race)

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:05 am

Elder Kai confirmed that the movie characters are enemies that Goku defeated in different timelines. Canon explained. :thumbup:

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:10 am

:clap: [spoiler]Anyone else happy when they saw the two secret missions involving Bardock defeating Mira and Future Gohan being saved by Future Trunks?[/spoiler]

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:26 am

Disappointment that Trunks has no long hair and USSJ transformation.
No Krillin with hair, another disappointment.
And finally I'm also disappointed that Saiyaman doesn't have his sunglasses and bandanna.

Hype has dropped 70% :cry:

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:53 am

So I hear that.... [spoiler]You fight your hero from XV1 as a boss at some point in the story.[/spoiler] Is that true?
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:01 am

EXBadguy wrote:So I hear that.... [spoiler]You fight your hero from XV1 as a boss at some point in the story.[/spoiler] Is that true?
[spoiler]Towa gives them a bitching mask, before going back in time to erase them from existence by blowing up Shenron[/spoiler]
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:25 am

The character roster is ass.
Dabura is a MUST. Heck, I'd even love to see Supreme Kai get some love. No Baby or Uub either? Buuhan Buutenks? smh. Xenoverse 1.5 feels more like the accurate title.

I guess the perfect DBZ game will never exist lol.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:37 am

HybridSaiyan wrote:The character roster is ass.
Dabura is a MUST. Heck, I'd even love to see Supreme Kai get some love. No Baby or Uub either? Buuhan Buutenks? smh. Xenoverse 1.5 feels more like the accurate title.

I guess the perfect DBZ game will never exist lol.
'Perfect' is in the eye of the beholder. I know plenty of fans who couldn't give two craps about Dabura, Baby, Uub, and any of the Super Buu forms. And calling it Xenoverse 1.5 isn't accurate since they added a bunch of features.
SaiyaSith wrote:Elder Kai confirmed that the movie characters are enemies that Goku defeated in different timelines. Canon explained. :thumbup:
That was more or less said in the original Xenoverse with GT being its own timeline and it doesn't fit with the 'canon' created by Toriyama since there are only five official time lines since there are five Time Rings.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:46 am

HeroR wrote:
'Perfect' is in the eye of the beholder. I know plenty of fans who couldn't give two craps about Dabura, Baby, Uub, and any of the Super Buu forms. And calling it Xenoverse 1.5 isn't accurate since they added a bunch of features.
But, they're still part of the main story? It makes sense to include them. No SSJ2 Adult Gohan either. :shock: It would have been nice to give him his supreme kai attire?

Everything else besides improved game-play looks the exact same, along with nicer cutscenes.

I heard they have the same annoying music too, and the character select screen is the same lol.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:10 am

Launch and epic trailer.

I kinda wasn't expecting since XV1 didn't got one as far as I can remember, but I saw that coming, Xenoverse is popular enough for this. :) I shouldn't have watched though. Enough. Must stop. No more. Need to be impressed by the game. Control yourself, Grimlock.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Haseowolf
Patreon Supporter

Post by Haseowolf » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:02 pm

I'm assuming it's the same as Xenoverse 1, but is Super Saiyan Blue Goku/Vegeta their own character and they're just in that transformation? Or do they have base forms and can transform into Blue?
[[ Saber_Breaker ]]
Want even MORE Dragon Ball podcast goodness? Check out We Gotta Podcast on Spotify, YouTube, or anywhere else you get your podcasts.

vexdar

Post by vexdar » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:03 pm

Anybody regret buying the deluxe edition? I bought it ane then realized that the day one edition came with sleeve (deluxe edition does not!)and I could have bought the season pass separately for the same price and get both!

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:16 pm

HybridSaiyan wrote:
HeroR wrote:
But, they're still part of the main story? It makes sense to include them. No SSJ2 Adult Gohan either. :shock: It would have been nice to give him his supreme kai attire?

Everything else besides improved game-play looks the exact same, along with nicer cutscenes.

I heard they have the same annoying music too, and the character select screen is the same lol.
Just because they're part of the main series doesn't mean fans have to care about a character. Like, I don't give two craps about Gohan's Supreme Kai outfit. I thought he looked ugly in it. And there is lot of stuff added to the game beside improved gameplay and nicer cutscenes. The menu is also different and they ave several new track. I don't even have the game and know this just by looking at the videos for it.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:20 pm

[spoiler]I fucking love the scene in the Android arc where Gohan goes to fight 17 and 18 despite Trunks making it obvious that this fight will end in his death. "Then this fight has a purpose, that's all I need. I'm proud of you, Trunks"[/spoiler]
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

SSJ.Natto
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SSJ.Natto » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:25 pm

I'm so envious of you all playing it! I'm absolutely hyped for this game... :cry: :cry:

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:29 pm

HeroR wrote:
That was more or less said in the original Xenoverse with GT being its own timeline and it doesn't fit with the 'canon' created by Toriyama since there are only five official time lines since there are five Time Rings.
The Daizenshuu had Toriyama say that the 13 DBZ movies are stories set in their own dimension. They are probably basing the idea of the movie characters are enemies that Goku defeated in different timelines from that statement.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Tsufuru
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tsufuru » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:38 pm

HybridSaiyan wrote:
HeroR wrote:

stages from XV1 , most of the music , character select is not exactly the same , how is that everything else besides gameplay?
what about the hub ?
CaC options/costumes?
new characters?
new stages?
CaC transformations?
costume atacks?
flying in the hub?
new mentor's?
i dont know if i forgot something.
put these things all together and it looks like a decent suquel, xenoverse 1.5 is straight up insulting imo.

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:41 pm

Kanassa wrote:
EXBadguy wrote:So I hear that.... [spoiler]You fight your hero from XV1 as a boss at some point in the story.[/spoiler] Is that true?
[spoiler]Towa gives them a bitching mask, before going back in time to erase them from existence by blowing up Shenron[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Towa's underling huh? Damn, can't wait to see how mine from XV1 looks like with a TB mask on.[/spoiler]

I ain't playing the game until Thursday night, so I gotta hold it in.
vexdar wrote:Anybody regret buying the deluxe edition? I bought it ane then realized that the day one edition came with sleeve (deluxe edition does not!)and I could have bought the season pass separately for the same price and get both!
Yeah, I knew something was fishy about the Deluxe version. That's why I canceled mine and pre-ordered the Day-1 edition from Amazon Prime. Mine should arrive tonight or tomorrow.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:47 pm

Tsufuru wrote:
HybridSaiyan wrote:
HeroR wrote:

stages from XV1 , most of the music , character select is not exactly the same , how is that everything else besides gameplay?
what about the hub ?
CaC options/costumes?
new characters?
new stages?
CaC transformations?
costume atacks?
flying in the hub?
new mentor's?
i dont know if i forgot something.
put these things all together and it looks like a decent suquel, xenoverse 1.5 is straight up insulting imo.
I'm just pissed at the disappointing character roster and available costumes. Tenkaichi 2 had a larger roster, and now we have to wait another few years for Xenoverse 3.
The game will be fun to play, but it's nice to have lots of different characters, that's the reason why fans love Tenkaichi 3 so much.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:48 pm

[spoiler]On the whole I'm looking farward to the game but I did spoil some stuff.

From the little I have spoiled there are only two things I don't like about the game.

1) the final boss is not playable AGAIN! With Demigra it was a pain but he was never playable so I could live with it but Mira is a playable character! Why the hell is his final form not playable!

2) The Masked Saiyan's move set it garbage! No original moves at all or even Bardock's![/spoiler]