DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:05 pm

FoolsGil wrote:Yeah, the air needed to be cleared after a few folks started talking about rape in the last episode so...
Yeah; it wasn't entirely clear in the last episode whether Goku was actually being consensual in the crazy sex he had with Chi-Chi, so I liked how this episode was written. So, I was ok with it in this instance.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:09 pm

There is one thing though. This is the 3rd, maybe 4th reference to Frappe, with Gero's son(because I don't know what to call him. Emerald? Ginger maybe?) calling him 'Uncle.' whose side is Frappe on?

(to those who haven't watched Dragonball, Frappe was coerced into helping the RR)

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:36 pm

“I feel like a man dying of thirst, watching another man drown.”

My sides. Dead. So dead. XD

I'm so glad I was right about how they'd handle Dende's arrival too - I called ages ago that it was going to be Dende being kidnapped. :lol:
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DanielSSJ » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:07 am

SSJFutureTrunks wrote:Absolutely loved the bit with Gero's son. Really wish this was in canon. Gero wanting to kill Goku because he killed his son is much better than just hating him for destroying the Red Ribbon Army. Kaiser, you and the team really knocked it out of the park with this one!
Stuff like that made me wish that No. 19 and No. 20 were the main villains of this arc like Toriyama originally planned.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

Lunatic Fringe
Regular

Post by Lunatic Fringe » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:19 am

Scarz's favorite episode. Calling it now.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:23 am

Lunatic Fringe wrote:Scarz's favorite episode. Calling it now.
:D You guys know me too well.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:42 am

Scarz wrote:
Lunatic Fringe wrote:Scarz's favorite episode. Calling it now.
:D You guys know me too well.
KNOW YOU WELL, huh, huh, huh!! KNOW YOU WELLLLLLL!!
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Lunatic Fringe
Regular

Post by Lunatic Fringe » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:09 am

"...literally kidnapped me from across the entire galaxy, with neither my knowledge or consent..."

I didn't think kidnappings happened WITH consent, Dende. Not even one day in and you're already fuckin' up.

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:18 am

Lunatic Fringe wrote:"...literally kidnapped me from across the entire galaxy, with neither my knowledge or consent..."

I didn't think kidnappings happened WITH consent, Dende. Not even one day in and you're already fuckin' up.
Sure they can. "Hey kid, do you want some candy?"
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:39 am

Cell recapping Dragon Ball and early Z to that reporter was a lot of fun. :mrgreen:
As was Gokû getting all emotionally contemplative over Chi-Chi's relentlessness. And Chi-Chi shouting "Who told you you could leave the bedroom?!" at Gokû.

That newly-created scene with Dr. Gero's son was incredible! :clap:
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:02 am

Chuquita wrote:Cell recapping Dragon Ball and early Z to that reporter was a lot of fun. :mrgreen:
Not gonna lie; I legitimately would not mind TFS Cell recapping the series for me. He's a murdering monster, but...DARN is he fun :D !!

Rob
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Rob » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:10 am

Nice to get the plug in for Crunchyroll. As for Gohan's disclaimer read... I dunno, I think the rhythm was a little on the slow side. Somebody getting tired there?

As for the episode, well, I'd seen the preview so that wasn't a surprise. But the stuff with 16 and the way Dende's arrival was handled, I definitely was surprised there. Well done! Also enjoyed the bit with Cell and the reporter. I was a little disappointed that King Kai was cut here, though, but considering this episode's already one of the longer ones, it's okay.

Also, when it comes to Tao at this time, I could see this version of Goku just letting someone else handle him... maybe sending Tien in.
Last edited by Rob on Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:12 am

Rob wrote:As for Gohan's disclaimer read... I dunno, I think the rhythm was a little on the slow side. Somebody getting tired there?
I think that was supposed to be Goku trying to narrate while Chi-Chi was dry humping him. They ARE voiced by the same person.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:15 am

Fionordequester wrote:
Rob wrote:As for Gohan's disclaimer read... I dunno, I think the rhythm was a little on the slow side. Somebody getting tired there?
I think that was supposed to be Goku trying to narrate while Chi-Chi was dry humping him. They ARE voiced by the same person.
I think it was Gohan trying to talk over Goku and ChiChi having sex.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:16 am

Fionordequester wrote:I think that was supposed to be Goku trying to narrate while Chi-Chi was dry humping him. They ARE voiced by the same person.
I thought it was Gohan trying to narrate while he parents were in the other room.
Soppa Saia People wrote:I think it was Gohan trying to talk over Goku and ChiChi having sex.
You beat me to it.

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:20 am

DanielSSJ wrote:
BlazingBarrrager wrote:I don't think they're doing DB Abridged. They're most likely going to redo Season 1 once Cell is over, but most likely not DB.
Kaiser has said that they're doing the Classic Dragon Ball arcs as movies. Didn't say when, but he said it was going to happen.
Movies, huh? Not sure how I feel about that. It makes it seem like they're treating Dragon Ball like a lesser series. Like, DBZ gets a huge series while DB only gets a few specials? Kinda lame, just sayin'.

violadude
Beyond Newbie

Post by violadude » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:44 am

Alruneia wrote:Episode 56:
Surprised that Cell (Mr. Perfect Cell, I mean) decided to retell the entirety of Dragon Ball and Z up to the Cell Games. Is that a setup for something?
I think the joke is supposed to be that Cell is so arrogant/full of himself that he thinks the entire Dragon Ball series is just about him, or it was all just a story leading up to him.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:49 am

TekTheNinja wrote:
DanielSSJ wrote:
BlazingBarrrager wrote:I don't think they're doing DB Abridged. They're most likely going to redo Season 1 once Cell is over, but most likely not DB.
Kaiser has said that they're doing the Classic Dragon Ball arcs as movies. Didn't say when, but he said it was going to happen.
Movies, huh? Not sure how I feel about that. It makes it seem like they're treating Dragon Ball like a lesser series. Like, DBZ gets a huge series while DB only gets a few specials? Kinda lame, just sayin'.
They've been doing this for almost ten years. (Oh hey, Go for ten Goku took on a whole new meaning) If the team want to clear the entire series faster before they start losing hair, all the power to them.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:33 am

DanielSSJ wrote:I thought it was Gohan trying to narrate while he parents were in the other room.
Then why does the narrator sound so tired? One of the jokes in this episode was that Chi-Chi was running Goku into the ground with all their sexual intercourse; hence, Goku's tired as he's doing the narration. Plus, you can hear him groaning occasionally during the disclaimer.

KaiserNeko

Post by KaiserNeko » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:42 am

Fionordequester wrote:
DanielSSJ wrote:I thought it was Gohan trying to narrate while he parents were in the other room.
Then why does the narrator sound so tired? One of the jokes in this episode was that Chi-Chi was running Goku into the ground with all their sexual intercourse; hence, Goku's tired as he's doing the narration. Plus, you can hear him groaning occasionally during the disclaimer.
It's Gohan being super duper awkward as his parents are banging in the other room.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/