DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:54 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Cell's Imperfect incarnation was hands-down the most entertaining of the character. He was cunning, unpredictable and acted like he was straight out of a horror movie.
Absolutely. i love the desperate yet fruitless cat-and-mouse the Z Fighters play with Cell as he's right under their noses yet they always miss him.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:22 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Cell's Imperfect incarnation was hands-down the most entertaining of the character. He was cunning, unpredictable and acted like he was straight out of a horror movie.
Absolutely. i love the desperate yet fruitless cat-and-mouse the Z Fighters play with Cell as he's right under their noses yet they always miss him.
Imperfect Cell has always been my favorite form, and was always the most frightening and fun to watch. Genocide? Blow up the Planet? Old Hat, yawn. No, clearing out cities by drinking people, stalking your prey, guerrilla tactics against the main characters and is not in a humanoid form? Now that's a scary motherfucker you don't want to ever meet! :mrgreen:

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:37 pm

Wow, King Piccolo is really up there. Now I'm really curious about the reasoning. Should be interesting.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:31 pm

So I checked the TFS Twitter, Wen Broly is so long, it's going to be a 2 parter. Part 1 at Wen Christmas. Also Hellsing by New Years

Rob
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Rob » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:20 pm

Fionordequester wrote:Anyone else predicting Black & Zamasu being at No. 1? It's where I'd have em', personally.
They established at the start of the countdown that they're not including anything exclusive to Super in the actual countdown itself, because the series is still too new and its long-term impact is yet to be determined, hence why they released a special video just for Super.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:07 pm

Boo Machine wrote:Wow, King Piccolo is really up there. Now I'm really curious about the reasoning. Should be interesting.
I can personally see it. King Piccolo seems somewhat milquetoast NOW...but that's because we have hindsight. BACK THEN he was a HUGE deal! He...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Was responsible for the deaths of several major cast members, at a time when death still had weight in Dragon Ball.

2) DESTROYED THE FRICKEN DRAGON! Thereby ensuring (at least in our minds) that those who had died were never coming back.

3) Was one of the most brutal villains up to that point in DBZ history, and perhaps the only one to almost kill Goku TWICE! The first time, he completely overpowered him, and the second time, he literally smashed almost every single one of his limbs by using Tien as a human shield.

4) Had a pretty cool backstory that also gave a lot of depth and gravitas to Master Roshi; a guy that would proceed to be played for laughs for the rest of the series.

5) Literally BURPED OUT eggs that would be strong enough to overpower Tien and Yamcha; guys who were SUPPOSED to be really strong. So there was the question of "what to do about that?"

6) Even in DEATH he was causing trouble! The guy sealed his essence into an egg, and reincarnated into Piccolo Junior. So even when he DIED...he never really died!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Boo Machine

Post by Boo Machine » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:50 pm

Fionordequester wrote:
Boo Machine wrote:Wow, King Piccolo is really up there. Now I'm really curious about the reasoning. Should be interesting.
I can personally see it. King Piccolo seems somewhat milquetoast NOW...but that's because we have hindsight. BACK THEN he was a HUGE deal! He...

1) Was responsible for the deaths of several major cast members, at a time when death still had weight in Dragon Ball.

2) DESTROYED THE FRICKEN DRAGON! Thereby ensuring (at least in our minds) that those who had died were never coming back.

3) Was one of the most brutal villains up to that point in DBZ history, and perhaps the only one to almost kill Goku TWICE! The first time, he completely overpowered him, and the second time, he literally smashed almost every single one of his limbs by using Tien as a human shield.

4) Had a pretty cool backstory that also gave a lot of depth and gravitas to Master Roshi; a guy that would proceed to be played for laughs for the rest of the series.

5) Literally BURPED OUT eggs that would be strong enough to overpower Tien and Yamcha; guys who were SUPPOSED to be really strong. So there was the question of "what to do about that?"

6) Even in DEATH he was causing trouble! The guy sealed his essence into an egg, and reincarnated into Piccolo Junior. So even when he DIED...he never really died!

Ya know what, you might be right. I hadn't looked at it from the point of view, where he was a brand new villain. It's one of the those things that's a bit hard to see when you start with Z.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

MonkeyKing16
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MonkeyKing16 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:44 am

Imperfect Cell is best Cell for me.

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:37 am

MonkeyKing16 wrote:Imperfect Cell is best Cell for me.
Imperfect Cell is best Cell, period.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:32 am

Cell isn't so "Perfect" anymore!

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:14 pm

And Number three is revealed XD

[spoiler]King Piccolo[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I honestly have to disagree with King Piccolo's arc being the best. It's more or less a beat for beat copy of Tao Pai Pai's arc, with the only differences being that the KP arc uses a bullshit power up whilst Tao uses Miyagi style training. KP is still a cool villain though[/spoiler]

Lunatic Fringe
Regular

Post by Lunatic Fringe » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:06 pm

Tenshinhan breaking Yamcha's leg is still more villainous than anything Beerus did in BoG.

KaiserNeko

Post by KaiserNeko » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:05 pm

Lunatic Fringe wrote:Tenshinhan breaking Yamcha's leg is still more villainous than anything Beerus did in BoG.
I forgot how Tenshinhan destroyed world's on a whim.
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

Lunatic Fringe
Regular

Post by Lunatic Fringe » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:21 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:
Lunatic Fringe wrote:Tenshinhan breaking Yamcha's leg is still more villainous than anything Beerus did in BoG.
Thing is, Beerus doesn't really seem to...revel in destruction, so to speak. That's what separates him from the likes of Freeza and Pure Buu, who seem to get off on the prospect of killing millions of people. For Beerus, it's just another day at the office.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:28 pm

I usually agree with most of the stuff said in these lists, but I could not agree with anything in this at all (well, besides the criticisms against Daimao and the Kuririn death part, that was really well done, I agree). I think Daimao's design loses a bit of that creepy aura of horror as he gets younger and looks more... I don't know, more like a generic bad guy? Plus, in his second battle with Goku he gets outplayed until he starts playing dirty and, even so, the sheer brutality of the fight gets outdone one arc later by his son, who's a much better character than Daimao could ever hope to be. And a much smarter one too, and that's saying something, considering how much of an idiot Jr. was during his arc as a villain. The arc also wasn't very good, with the method of power-up as TFS stated being one of the worst in the series, and the whole arc in general just being a repeat of the Red Ribbon arc as GafferTape points out in his DBD series. Daimao's cruel nature gets outdone by Freeza and his "cunning" methods of achieving his goal get outdone by Zamasu (who also destroyed the dragon) in every way. He gets points for being the first and shifting the tone of the series so much, but there's not really much to him that the majority of the villains that came after him didn't do better.

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:31 pm

KaiserNeko wrote:
Well, Beerus doesn't actually do that in BoG, does he? It's mentioned, but doesn't occur.

Not that I disagree with your opinion, I'm just playing Devil's advocate

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:49 pm

Did Tien kill anyone though? Sure, he was an asshole who not only defeated his opponents but humiilated / crippled them, but he was just really misguided.

Lunatic Fringe
Regular

Post by Lunatic Fringe » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:54 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Did Tien kill anyone though? Sure, he was an asshole who not only defeated his opponents but humiilated / crippled them, but he was just really misguided.
I suppose I should rephrase my initial statement since the meaning I meant to convey seems to be lost.

Tenshinhan's actions(breaking Yamcha's leg being the prime example here) are more indicative of villainy than Beerus' actions because of who he(Beerus) is and how he responds to his(Beerus') duty.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:10 pm

Lunatic Fringe wrote:
KaiserNeko wrote:
Thing is, Beerus doesn't really seem to...revel in destruction, so to speak. That's what separates him from the likes of Freeza and Pure Buu, who seem to get off on the prospect of killing millions of people. For Beerus, it's just another day at the office.
If he didn't destroy for petty, selfish reasons, sure. But he does.

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:57 pm

Lunatic Fringe wrote:
KaiserNeko wrote:
I don't think anything separates him from Frieza and Buu. He does exactly the same things. It doesn't matter whether he revels in it or not. Besides, he destroys planets for incredibly childish reasons.
"Oh? Your food's too greasy? Welp, half your planet is gonna explode now. Bye."
Yeah, that seems pretty villainous to me, which is why I kinda hate how the entire cast is cool with it now.