DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by Nejishiki » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:36 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Season 0 Yugi would have done some nasty magic shit to him though, instead of challenging him to a card game like the later version would.
Just as "Bakura" isn't exclusively bound to tabletop RPGs, Atemu isn't exclusively bound to Duel Monsters, despite their preferences for those games. While less vicious than before, Atemu is still able to enforce alternate games against Cell, if he so desires. But hey, it's a silly video. Let's refrain splitting cards over alternate character reads. :P

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:29 pm

So wait...what exactly HAPPENED with Ryu's whole "going evil" thing? Did the guy break his limbs trying to damage Cell, while Cell did nothing? Or did Cell hit him once, and knock him down?
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:36 pm

Fionordequester wrote:So wait...what exactly HAPPENED with Ryu's whole "going evil" thing? Did the guy break his limbs trying to damage Cell, while Cell did nothing? Or did Cell hit him once, and knock him down?
We don't know and that's the point. That Akuma-type attack never shows what has happened, even Cell didn't know what happened.

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:10 pm

Early Yugi can't use magic to horribly torture people unless they cheat at a game first. Which they pretty much always do, but that's besides the point.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:13 pm

I predict the next challengers for the Cell games, are going to be the Z fighters. For some reason I believe that Goku is going to challenge Cell first.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:22 pm

Gog wrote:I predict the next challengers for the Cell games, are going to be the Z fighters. For some reason I believe that Goku is going to challenge Cell first.
Eh, I don't see that happening. I say that the next and final challenger is none but the champ, Mr. Satan himself! Unless this is one of those trick tournaments. You know the kind... :think:
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:25 pm

Alruneia wrote:
Gog wrote:I predict the next challengers for the Cell games, are going to be the Z fighters. For some reason I believe that Goku is going to challenge Cell first.
Eh, I don't see that happening. I say that the next and final challenger is none but the champ, Mr. Satan himself! Unless this is one of those trick tournaments. You know the kind... :think:
Yeah, I actually see Cell cheating to get the champ out early, to fight Goku.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:08 pm

rereboy wrote:We don't know and that's the point. That Akuma-type attack never shows what has happened, even Cell didn't know what happened.
*watches some Youtube video of that Akuma-type attack*

OHHH, I get it! The attack ITSELF is never shown in the video games either; so nobody ever knows what happened!
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:35 pm

I love the Cell just starts yelling along with him without missing a beat :clap:
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:48 am

Wait, so Cell is actually 6' 8'' ft? I though he was that in his first and second forms and then got considerable smaller in his Perfect form.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Rob
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Rob » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:28 pm

Noah wrote:Wait, so Cell is actually 6' 8'' ft? I though he was that in his first and second forms and then got considerable smaller in his Perfect form.
Bear in mind, Imperfect Cell is skinnier than his perfect form, and his semi-perfect form is actually bulkier.

In any case, the 6'8" seems a bit shorter than I expected. I went and looked up his Dragon Ball Wiki entry, and they have him listed as 7'0"...

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:31 pm

Rob wrote:In any case, the 6'8" seems a bit shorter than I expected. I went and looked up his Dragon Ball Wiki entry, and they have him listed as 7'0"...
Well, Vegeta noted that Cell in his perfect form got smaller, so I don't know... :think:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:40 pm

Noah wrote:Wait, so Cell is actually 6' 8'' ft? I though he was that in his first and second forms and then got considerable smaller in his Perfect form.
He did get smaller, but first form Cell and second form Cell were HUGE.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:43 pm

rereboy wrote:He did get smaller, but first form Cell and second form Cell were HUGE.
Imperfect Cell had the same height as Piccolo, right? Didn't DB had a guide with character height? Who's probably taller? Super Boo, Imperfect Cell or LSSJ Broly? :think:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:30 pm

So hey, I forgot to tell you all But the next episode of DBZA isn't coming out this month, according to Kaiser via twitter. He also said expect a new Cell vs every Friday.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:39 pm

FoolsGil wrote:He also said expect a new Cell vs every Friday.
Oh I can already see ignorant YouTube fellows telling them to stop wasting time that could be spent in doing more episodes, like many do with LittleKuriboh :problem:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:43 pm

FoolsGil wrote:So hey, I forgot to tell you all But the next episode of DBZA isn't coming out this month, according to Kaiser via twitter. He also said expect a new Cell vs every Friday.
I imagine that we're going to get a cell Vs every friday for exactly four more fridays. So that it's canon

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:49 pm

Cool. I was hoping for a few more Cell VS. They have all been pretty fun so far and it's a neat way to keep the fans entertained till the episode drops.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:10 pm

Noah wrote:
rereboy wrote:He did get smaller, but first form Cell and second form Cell were HUGE.
Imperfect Cell had the same height as Piccolo, right? Didn't DB had a guide with character height? Who's probably taller? Super Boo, Imperfect Cell or LSSJ Broly? :think:
Buu and Cell are around the same height- between 7'-ish and 8'-ish depending on the scene (consistently a few inches taller than Piccolo), though consistently leaning closer to the latter, especially for Buu.
Broly is bigger than either. He is about 8'6 (260 cm) tall. See the M10 height chart, where judging by Goku's height each line seems to represent 25 cm (Goku is 175 cm):
Last edited by RandomGuy96 on Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:03 pm

Fionordequester wrote:
rereboy wrote:We don't know and that's the point. That Akuma-type attack never shows what has happened, even Cell didn't know what happened.
*watches some Youtube video of that Akuma-type attack*

OHHH, I get it! The attack ITSELF is never shown in the video games either; so nobody ever knows what happened!
I assume this is your first time watching anything about the Street Fighter lore, is it?

I recommend looking up Satsui no Hado (殺意の波動 Satsui no Hadō, "Surge of Murderous Intent") aka The Dark Hado and you'll understand why Ryu was "going evil."
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif