SPARKING! ZERO - Visual Roster Checker

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TechExpert2021

Re: SPARKING! ZERO - Visual Roster Checker

Post by TechExpert2021 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:50 pm

I immediately noticed that most (but not all) of the artwork of the game's playable characters are reused from the pay-to-win mobile game Dragon Ball Legends (which I used to play). A few pieces of artwork for some characters are reused from Dokkan Battle (which I also used to play) as well. What if Sparking! Zero reuses character voice clips (both Japanese and English) from both games?

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:35 pm

^ When there are beautiful artworks in various games, if I were Bandai Namco, I would have told them that all drawings created must be put in a common folder for all DB games to access.

Legends has gorgeous, carefully crafted art that "goes to waste" when it comes to other games, and Dokkan Battle has thousands of pictures from all characters, major or minor, which all could have been official anime art.

Just with Dokkan Battle alone, devs from any fighting game could pick among dozens of portraits to choose the best and most stylish for every form of every character... Although they might not have them in high resolution, but they could save it apart as high-res renders for other products when they create it and just reduce the resolution on the copy that goes into the game assets.

Anyway, it's really a shame that such beautiful portraits as in Legends or such numerous portraits as in Dokkan Battle won't be used for the presentation of games like Sparking Zero, which could turn out to have basic 3D models captures meant to be portraits that will never look as good as actual 2D drawings...

It could be useful even for the menus: remember Budokai Tenkaichi 3 with its beautiful 2D renders guiding you through the menus and game modes? How charming!

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:22 pm

The Japanese site hasn't been updated with the info of the latest trailer at the time of this post, but the English site has been updated.

The versions of Gohan are confirmed as "Gohan (Kid)" and "Gohan (Adult)" (despite him not being technically an adult when he's still in high school), so the base post has been updated accordingly.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Fri May 03, 2024 8:07 pm

The Japanese website has placed the new characters on the official page, so I moved their positions accordingly here.