Dragon Ball: Final Bout's ending is the PERFECT ode to Toriyama

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Vegetto95
Beyond Newbie

Dragon Ball: Final Bout's ending is the PERFECT ode to Toriyama

Post by Vegetto95 » Mon May 06, 2024 4:57 pm

This is something I was thinking about the other day, and I know what you're thinking... FINAL BOUT?? That garbage game from over 25 years ago with HORRIBLE controls? Yeah, I know... but hear me out:

After you beat the "1P game" (which was basically its classic Arcade Mode kinda thing that most fighting games had back then in lieu of a real story), the credits start rolling as the playable characters gradually appear on screen one by one, and at first this extremely melancholic song with a slow, sad piano melody and Kageyama emotionally singing his soul out starts playing... but it eventually fades out, and suddenly this exciting, upbeat song with plenty of electric guitar and Kageyama's much happier vocals kicks in until the end of the credits.

Thing is... that melancholic piano song is called "Kimi wo Wasurenai", meaning "I Won't Forget You", and that upbeat song is called "THANK YOU!" And I realized... that PERFECTLY reflects I think how just about all of us felt about Toriyama's passing... at first we were all extremely sad, and we knew we'd never forget him. But then we thought of all the joy and all the camaraderie as fans on this community and elsewhere that his works gave us, and we cheered up, thankful to Toriyama for all he'd given us. And I think that's a beautiful thing.

(Plus, if you actually look at the lyrics to those two songs, which of course are available on this very site, they're every bit as fitting, if not even more so, towards that overall feeling as the titles and the instrumentals/vocals are themselves :D )

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Dragon Ball: Final Bout's ending is the PERFECT ode to Toriyama

Post by VegettoEX » Mon May 06, 2024 5:18 pm

Incidentally, the ending music I used for the big Toriyama tribute podcast waaaaaaas…
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Vegetto95
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball: Final Bout's ending is the PERFECT ode to Toriyama

Post by Vegetto95 » Mon May 06, 2024 5:41 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 5:18 pm Incidentally, the ending music I used for the big Toriyama tribute podcast waaaaaaas…
There ya go! Perfect choice :D God, I need to get back to finishing that episode! I started listening to it a few weeks ago, and then work and home life got in the way lol