Kai Episode 11 (14 June 2009)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super Ghost Kamikaze
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Ghost Kamikaze » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:16 pm

SSj_Rambo wrote:
Shiyonasan wrote:
Chibi Mystic Gohan wrote:His blood was purple in Kai.
I forgot it was purple in Kai! I know it's red in Z though. It's just something I thought I'd point out.
His blood being red in Z was just a mistake by the animators, which is why it is cool that they thought to make it purple in Kai.
Less a "mistake" and more of a retcon, isn't it? I don't think Piccolo's blood was supposed to be purple until Toriyama decided to make him an alien.

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:17 am

In the manga, Drum's blood is purple. So one could infer that Piccolo's blood should be purple even though his actual blood color is never shown in the manga.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

Super Ghost Kamikaze

Post by Super Ghost Kamikaze » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:28 am

Hujio wrote:In the manga, Drum's blood is purple. So one could infer that Piccolo's blood should be purple even though his actual blood color is never shown in the manga.
Ah!

I'd actually gone back and checked all of Piccolo's color pages before posting. I didn't even consider double-checking the minions.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:48 pm

Good episode with a /great/ lead-in to the eyecatch.

Also, am I hearing things, or did after Vegeta announced time's up, Tanaka let out a "FUCK?"
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:56 am

B wrote:Also, am I hearing things, or did after Vegeta announced time's up, Tanaka let out a "FUCK?"
When Vegeta said that the three hours are up, or when he told Nappa to wait for three hours? I didn't hear anything like that when Vegeta let him know time was up...

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:11 am

After Vegeta says time is up, Gohan and Kuririn stand up and face him and make grunting sounds, as all anime characters do in situations like these. There's definatly a loud noise that sounds a bit like "fuck," but that initial "F" was a bit silent; like the explitive was building up.

In any case, I definately heard "UCK."
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:06 pm

Strongbad456 wrote:I have a question about a line Gohan had. What did he called Nappa's mother?
"Your momma's belly button sticks out!"
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:19 am

B wrote:After Vegeta says time is up, Gohan and Kuririn stand up and face him and make grunting sounds, as all anime characters do in situations like these. There's definatly a loud noise that sounds a bit like "fuck," but that initial "F" was a bit silent; like the explitive was building up.

Ahh, I see it. To me, it sounds more like a Japanese word that simply ends with "uck", but I don't even know if one exists, so it very well could be an "F-word" (which would be pretty funny, and would have probably been done on a dare).

Anyway, I uploaded an .mp3 clip of the line for both download and streaming hearing:

http://www.4shared.com/file/113185875/c ... -Word.html

And here it is looped 12 times, in case you want to really get a feel for it:

http://www.4shared.com/file/113185855/f ... d_x12.html

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:27 am

B wrote:After Vegeta says time is up, Gohan and Kuririn stand up and face him and make grunting sounds, as all anime characters do in situations like these. There's definatly a loud noise that sounds a bit like "fuck," but that initial "F" was a bit silent; like the explitive was building up.

I heard a mix of "Kuso" and "fuck" perhaps Kuririn was trying to express his hate of the situation by combining "impolite" words of two different languages.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:51 am

I just hear "Kuso~~~!!" followed by that weird "kck" thing that a lot of people do in Japanese Dragonball.

No "uck" in there whatsoever.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:24 pm

Okay, I hear the "kuso" now.

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:21 am

For anyone that's interested, we have our review up on Kanzentai for the eleventh episode of DragonBall Kai. I hope everyone enjoys it!

DBK Episode 011, "Will Son Goku Make It?! The Battle Resumes in 3 Hours"

Credits:
Manga Comparison: Herms
Original Broadcast Comparison: Hujio
Music/Voice Performance Comparison: DBW
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

Amigo Ten

Post by Amigo Ten » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:34 am

Super Ghost Kamikaze wrote:
SSj_Rambo wrote:
Shiyonasan wrote: I forgot it was purple in Kai! I know it's red in Z though. It's just something I thought I'd point out.
His blood being red in Z was just a mistake by the animators, which is why it is cool that they thought to make it purple in Kai.
Less a "mistake" and more of a retcon, isn't it? I don't think Piccolo's blood was supposed to be purple until Toriyama decided to make him an alien.
Toriyama said he thought up the alien backstory when Kami was introduced though, so Piccolo Jr would have pretty much always been thought of as an alien.