Where can I watch Plan To Eradicate The Saiyans?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:54 pm

Shigeru wrote:I bet FUNimation's got it. Wait.
I hope they get something, I'd love to see what their idea of a competent DBZ dub consists of nowadays.

nathantheguitarist
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nathantheguitarist » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:13 am

I doubt that they'll actually go and dub it. But that's just a doubt... Not an "absolute certainty" type of feeling. We have Dragon Boxes now, right? Right. :lol:
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

Shigeru
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Shigeru » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:15 am

nathantheguitarist wrote:I doubt that they'll actually go and dub it. But that's just a doubt... Not an "absolute certainty" type of feeling. We have Dragon Boxes now, right? Right. :lol:
I hope they dub it. Meh.
[b][url=http://twitter.com/ShigeruTurbo]Twitter[/url][/b]
I like the English dub. Kill me.
Fan since 1995.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:32 am

MCDaveG wrote:God damn it, SURE that plot was idiotic, because it's adaptation of NES game!
Well, yeah. I know that. I've known for a long time that this is basically the equivalent of someone editing a bunch of cutscenes together and calling it a "movie." I still don't see what all the fuss is about. S'not like I'm gonna stop people from getting it if it comes out in the US, though.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Tweaker
Regular

Post by Tweaker » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:47 am

What I'm more interested in is the footage that wasn't present in the OVA release and was specific to the game itself. Does anyone have that available somewhere? I'm aware that there are dozens of alternate paths the player can take and that the Playdia game covered all--if not most--of them.

SSJ Helldog
Regular

Post by SSJ Helldog » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:19 am

Tweaker wrote:What I'm more interested in is the footage that wasn't present in the OVA release and was specific to the game itself. Does anyone have that available somewhere? I'm aware that there are dozens of alternate paths the player can take and that the Playdia game covered all--if not most--of them.
I saved the ones that were on YouTube a year or so ago, but I'm hoping that someone with the Playdia game will make a comprehensive video some day.
Officer Hippoface sez: "I don't take kindly to vigilantes in my town."

nathantheguitarist
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nathantheguitarist » Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:25 am

If Funimation was totally awesome and smart about it, they'd make it a separate DVD, rather than an extra. Clean up the footage a bit (not like the orange bricks, but because Toei didn't), and make it an interactive DVD.

That way you could get all of the extra footage, rather than just watch a very estranged "OVA," and get no choice about it.

Buuuuut... I'd bet on a release as an extra, and even a dub before something like that came to be. :cry:
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Re: Where can I watch Plan To Eradicate The Saiyans?

Post by SSj_Rambo » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:20 pm

Pitzu wrote:
SSj_Rambo wrote:
Pitzu wrote:It's the one piece of Dragonball media I have never seen.
Where can I watch it?
Really?! The ONLY bit of Dragonball media you've never seen?! :o
I've seen all the stuff that has been released in America.
I may not have played what games have been besides the Budokai/BT games, but I know of them and have seen videos.
OK, there's just quite a chunk of other videos that hasn't been released outside of Japan (or even inside Japan) that is really fun to whatch. It's really fun just going around trying to find stuff you've never seen.

Daimao
Mr. Subtitles

Post by Daimao » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:49 pm

The Time Traveller wrote:Hopefully we'll get both Playdia Episodes with one of the 7 US Dragon Boxes, and since no extras have been announced, who knows?

Maybe we can bribe Daimao into spilling the beans on future releases?
Not if you want me to keep my job. :wink:

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:55 pm

I think that's a "yes," guys.

dragonballzgtfighter
Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballzgtfighter » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:21 pm

It's now a race between Funimation and dub fan to see who can finish dubbing Plan To Eradicate The Saiyans first.
http://dragonballzgt.smfforfree3.com/index.php Join us! And take a step in making the fan's Dragonball Z game!

Our Trailer http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GpxuKNAJxOM

Characters that must appear in the ultimate DBZGT game http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=dragonballzgtfighter

SSJ Helldog
Regular

Post by SSJ Helldog » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:24 pm

Innagadadavida wrote:I think that's a "yes," guys.
As much as I wish you were right, I'm thinking he's signed a nondisclosure agreement and really can't verify or negate anything.
Officer Hippoface sez: "I don't take kindly to vigilantes in my town."

Daimao
Mr. Subtitles

Post by Daimao » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:28 pm

SSJ Helldog wrote:As much as I wish you were right, I'm thinking he's signed a nondisclosure agreement and really can't verify or negate anything.
Bingo. Sorry, folks. You didn't hear it from me because I didn't say it, one way or the other.

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:34 pm

I was messing around.

.:PoetikaL:.
Regular

Post by .:PoetikaL:. » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:38 pm

Daimao wrote:
SSJ Helldog wrote:As much as I wish you were right, I'm thinking he's signed a nondisclosure agreement and really can't verify or negate anything.
Bingo. Sorry, folks. You didn't hear it from me because I didn't say it, one way or the other.
Whatever the case, we will respect what has been agreed to.

There is one thing I want to say personally, and that is thank you for subtitling the show we all love, and I (we) appreciate all the hard work you have done! :D
My Deviantart: http://poetikal.deviantart.com
My Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheycallmeBrod

"I beat Toguro, and after that I assumed everything else would just be a big ol' piece of cake. And then some rogue Spirit Detective has to go and open up the freakin' gates of Hell!" -Yusuke Urameshi

I think Tom Dubois of "The Boondocks" said it best for me when FUNimation announced the release of the domestic Dragonbox, after buying all of the Season Sets: "MOTHERFUCK!!! SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT, PRICKS, SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIIIIIIIT!"

DBZfan29
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DBZfan29 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:23 pm

I don't really think this is going to be released. I'd like it to, but that may never happen. FUNimation still has to release the Jump special (which is probably top priority over everything else), the two safety videos, and then there's Kai.

Maybe it will be released as something like, "Dragon Ball Kai: Revenge of the Tuffle." That title really sucks, but FUNimation would do something like that...
An interviewer asks, "The soundtrack in Sonic 3 has become legendary. Is it true that you worked with Michael Jackson on it?" Takashi Iizuka kills all of our hopes and dreams by replying, "You know, those are just rumors, and SEGA does not want to say anything about them. So they will forever be just rumors..." WHY!?

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:31 pm

DBZfan29 wrote:Something like, "Dragon Ball Kai: Revenge of the Tuffle." That title really sucks, but FUNimation would do something like that...
That's actually not a bad idea, releasing it as a Kai special....
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

DBZfan29
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DBZfan29 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:52 pm

Big Momma wrote:
DBZfan29 wrote:Something like, "Dragon Ball Kai: Revenge of the Tuffle." That title really sucks, but FUNimation would do something like that...
If they release Dragon Ball Kai, and they decide to actually release this, then it would be a great idea. I mean, Japan's doing it, right? The subtitle, however, still is bad!
An interviewer asks, "The soundtrack in Sonic 3 has become legendary. Is it true that you worked with Michael Jackson on it?" Takashi Iizuka kills all of our hopes and dreams by replying, "You know, those are just rumors, and SEGA does not want to say anything about them. So they will forever be just rumors..." WHY!?

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:00 am

Big Momma wrote:
Actually, I'd think that is a bad idea. It has nothing to do with Kai, unless they remaster and crop it in HD, which would be an even worse idea. I mean, it's from some DragonBall Z video games in the mid-90s.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

DBZfan29
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DBZfan29 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:04 am

Hujio wrote:
Big Momma wrote:
Actually, I'd think that is a bad idea. It has nothing to do with Kai, unless they remaster and crop it in HD, which would be an even worse idea. I mean, it's from some DragonBall Z video games in the mid-90s.
Yeah, but look at Saiyan Invasian. It's got a lot of filler-based activities, but it's Kai...