User Name Changes (Limited Time/Circumstances)

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

User Name Changes (Limited Time/Circumstances)

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:17 am

Hi, folks!

So as per the forum rules, we do not really allow any changes to user names after you've registered. It's our belief that you're agreeing to a certain set of rules, and you should stand behind your presence and contributions 100% from the get-go.

I've turned down quite a few user name change requests over the years because of this. I stand by that choice.

That being said, I also recognize that this community has been around for yeeeeeears, and in the time we've been around, quite a few members have gone on to make pretty decent names out of themselves online -- with other names :P.

So I'm willing to make a couple changes in the interest of not playing favorites. Yuugi's Black Magician ("JulieYBM") has asked in the past, and Mizugi ("SpaceKappa") has been getting back into the franchise and keeping up with the community a little bit and has more recently asked, and both contribute quite heavily outside our little circle under different names.

And that's really the only circumstance that I'd be willing to change someone's name, and only for a limited time. If you can showcase some examples of you going by another name online (whether it's some other alias or even your real name) that you would like to use here, I'm willing to entertain those requests on a case-by-case basis, with no guarantees that we'll actually change it. This isn't just for, "Oh, I don't like my name anymore" -- in that case, tough cookies!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: User Name Changes (Limited Time/Circumstances)

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:45 am

Woah, this came out of nowhere. :shock: Thanks! :oops:
She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️

SSJSteve
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJSteve » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:33 pm

Would it be ok to remove the SSJ from my name and just have Steve? No problem though if it can't be done. :) Thanks.

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:28 pm

Can I please have mine simply changed from ringworm128 to Ringworm128? Because the lowercase letter was simply a mistake. And I think its out of place on this forum (like having the F word in your UN on a forum that doesn't allow swearing.)

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:56 pm

I'd like my name to be changed to DrStrongBad, please.
I go by it on a lot of other things like Steam and Arlong Park forums.
I just don't like being associated with Pokemon too much, if that's all right.
I rarely use Pokewhiz7 anymore, in fact, I think this is it.
EDIT: That, or LittleJimmy or Whizard, both of which I go by in the chat.
Last edited by Pokewhiz7 on Wed May 02, 2012 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gohaz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gohaz » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:38 am

I never really tried for Gohan cuz I think someone already has it, but if no one has it... and it's just one letter xd
"Hahaaaaaa, eat my dust, Piccolo!"
- Goku, Fast but not so Furious.

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:41 pm

Meh, never mind. On second thought, I'll hang onto it. ;)
Last edited by MajinVejitaXV on Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You don't know what you're talking about. You're not very smart, and the things you're saying are nonsense. And I'm not angry. But you do need to shut up." - Tycho Brahe

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:07 pm

I've gently petitioned in the past to have the "Li'l" dropped from Li'l Lemmy. I never saw it as a full-on name change, and thus not particularly confusing. However, there has never been a distinct issue (such as multiple Lemmys on the same forum) where the change was necessary/warranted.

I've considered asking instead to have it change to rpgoten, given that it's become my universal handle. My Twitter, AIM, Yahoo!, MSN and Skype accounts all bear this same name. I imagine this would be a sufficient enough example of the required circumstances, but at the same time it would be a far more confusing and "drastic" change than Lemmy. So I'll leave it up to the management as to which change is more proper, or none at all.

~Da Lemmy
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:35 pm

I would like to use Dynamixx, as it is name I'm using on plenty of message boards, movie reviews page and such. Can give examples (www.saintseiyafan.com , http://www.moviezone.cz , http://dbmmo.com/, http://www.dragonballtoys.proboards.com/, www.boladedragon.com).
It's also first part of my musical pseudonyme Dynamixx Prince.
Thanks a lot, maybe it will change, maybe not :)
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Craddle
Regular

Post by Craddle » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:05 am

I think Da Lemmy's request is reasonable. I don't know if Mike read the thread though. It's only a couple letters and you've been here forever.

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:11 pm

How long I or anyone else has been here is fairly irrelevant given the required circumstances and especially the context of our surroundings. Speaking somewhat outside of the current subject matter (although still within scope, methinks), and coincidentally against the oft-cited concept that this forum is some "secret society"-type board packed with elitists and egocentrics, I have never seen any real and true examples of longer-running members being treated any differently than the folks who registered just last week... at least not by the management. We're pretty much all the same. Occasionally, I do notice newbies being particularly respectful of the more established folks, but not in any sort of way that suggests anything other than a shonen atmosphere. And considering that the idea is that everyone is asked to be respectful of everyone else regardless of who and when, anyway...

Not that you were implying the existence of any such differences, Craddle. In fact, I do appreciate the vote in favor. The fact that changing Li'l Lemmy to Lemmy is not terribly drastic was my reasoning, as well. But I don't think this is a case of degrees and such. There's either a reason to change it or their isn't, and I don't exactly have one outside of sheer preference. ;p

As "that guy" who has been here awhile, though, I do feel the need to express a certain gratitude for the fair and even-handed nature of any and all actions that take place on this forum. Even if Mike or some other moderator doesn't approve or even acknowledge my request, it's fine because I'm A) confident that it was at least read/reviewed and B) entirely comfortable with how the board functions and the reasoning behind it, regardless of outcome. Not to mention that, again... it's not the first time I've asked, and I agreed with the "no" answer back then, too.

In all honesty (in my case, anyway), any change in my favor is more of a vanity thing than anything else and isn't particularly functional or helpful. If and when a second Li'l Lemmy shows up, I'll have compelling reasons to argue for that modification more aggressively, but for right now it's not something I would call necessary or warranted.

I do still spit out the request every now and then for the hell of it, just 'cuz. So who knows? Maybe next year, or maybe never. Who cares. ;p

~Da Lemmy
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

Craddle
Regular

Post by Craddle » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:06 am

Li'l Lemmy wrote:How long I or anyone else has been here is fairly irrelevant
VegettoEX wrote:I also recognize that this community has been around for yeeeeeears, and in the time we've been around, quite a few members have gone on to make pretty decent names out of themselves online -- with other names
You contradicted Mike. lol

I do agree with your (Long post) statement though.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:13 am

If possible, I would like to change my name to Zombie Kermit.

Reason being, Kingdom Heartless is a name that I used only briefly in 2008... Zombie Kermit is something that I have been using for almost all sites I post of, and for consistency sake, I would like to use it here as well.

I do not think it would cause much confusion, as despite posting here for a few years, I've not exactly made a name for myself as Kingdom Heartless.

And despite the desired name change, I intend to keep my signature as is, which includes my name, so just in case people are familiar with me by some chance, there should be no problem there.

I wouldn't say I've made much of a name as Zombie Kermit, but it is a name I intend to keep posting on sites under, and hopefully have some people who read my reviews and such.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/pdp/profile ... a_pdp_home

http://www.imdb.com/user/ur12139954/com ... ha&start=0

zombie-kermit@hotmail.com
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Tue May 22, 2012 8:43 pm

I thought I should also mention that I use Ringworm128 with a capital R on pretty much every site I go on.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:07 am

Hey, do you think I could have my username changed here to Relish in Chaos, please? It's what I use on The Escapist Magazine forums, the Sonic Retro forums, and deviantART. It's pretty much become my default username (Piccolo Daimao was just a one-off) on the internet for forums and the like, and I can provide links to my account as evidence. I could still keep my old username in my signature, so people know who I am.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:37 pm

The name I tend to use now on the rest of the internet is musicfighter like the Kageyama interview in one of the guide books. If you are willing, I'd like to have my name changed to that. Thanks!

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:17 am

Would i be possible to have my user name changed from "ringworm128" to "Mantis128"? Since it's what I want to use from now on anything I sign up on and I want to get rid of my old "Ringworm" name in as many places as I can.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:05 pm

Maybe just have the first 4 letters capitalized since DBZ is supposed to be uppercase. "F" in fan as well should be uppercase so I can go from this (dbzfan7) to (DBZFan7). Not much of a change, but I would like that.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:07 am

If it is not an issue, could I switch to match my Twitter and YouTube username? El Diabeetus, I've been using SSJ4 Furanki for years, but that's more of me coming up with an uncreative name at age 13, haha.

If it cannot be changed, that is fine. But, figure I may as well give it a shot (pun may or may not be intended, not too sure myself).
Last edited by El Diabeetus on Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AnzuMazaki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by AnzuMazaki » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:17 am

I personally no longer wish to use the name AnzuMazaki since I am no longer as active in the Yugioh fandom as I used to be.
This has been the case for six years now.

Please may you change my name to YamchaFan?
Wishes she can change her name to YamchaFan (her name everywhere else)
Obssessed with the Earthlings and the original DB anime

YamchaFan's deviantART: https://yamchafan91.deviantart.com/
YamchaFan's Fanart Tumblr: https://yamchafanart.tumblr.com/
YamchaFan's YouTube (where you can see MikuMikuDance Videos): https://www.youtube.com/user/MihoNosaka