Mike's Upcoming JPNS Toy Releases Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Retan
Advanced Regular

Re: Mike's Upcoming JPNS Toy Releases Thread

Post by Retan » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:00 pm

I'd like them to release the Nappa one, and a fat Buu one, because I like figures of different sizes and shapes, and Hirudegarn figure would be awesome too!

Tracer1
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tracer1 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:33 pm

Ketchup_Revenge wrote:Master Stars Piece Vegeta:
Any news about this figure?

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:21 pm

I just don't know about that Figure the top half looks so cool, like they were going for a kinda realistic Vegeta, but then I see his legs and it's like ugh...

Sorry don't know anything.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:06 pm

Tracer1 wrote:
You can Pre-Order him here - http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

No charge for pre-ordering until it ships.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:06 pm

For those who missed them, Bluefin is re-releasing the Piccolo and SSJ Goku Figuarts.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:02 pm

Sadly it looks like SSj Vegeta won't be re-release anytime soon. I can always hope for Tamashii Nations to make a Majin Vegeta figuart.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Tracer1
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tracer1 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:54 pm

MSP Trunks 8) 8) 8)

RocktheDragon
Regular

Post by RocktheDragon » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:04 pm

Does anyone have any more information on the Gigantic Series Dragon Ball Z Begeta? I like what I'm seeing in the preview photos for the design but I've never bought any figure made by X-Plus. Anyone have prior dealings with this company? Anyone have any general idea on the quality?

Kyle Broflovski wrote:It's all real. Think about it. Haven't Luke Skywalker and Santa Claus affected your lives more than most real people in this room? I mean, whether Jesus is real or not, he - he's had a bigger impact on the world than any of us have. And the same can be said for Bugs Bunny and - and Superman and Harry Potter. They've changed my life - changed the way I act on the earth. Doesn't that make them kind of real? They might be imaginary but, but they're more important than most of us here. And they're all gonna be around here long after we're dead. So, in a way, those things are more realer than any of us.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:01 pm

Gonstead wrote:
Tracer1 wrote:
You can Pre-Order him here - http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

No charge for pre-ordering until it ships.
What is with the Upgrade to Collector's Grade thing? What would be different if you paid the extra $2?
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:16 pm

Kingdom Heartless wrote:What is with the Upgrade to Collector's Grade thing? What would be different if you paid the extra $2?
Right below the item on the page man. lol
Collector's Grade upgrade is available!
--The item is brand-new, in mint condition, and sealed inside mint packaging.
--Packaging condition is verified to be 90% mint (C9), or better.
--If you upgrade, our warehouse will carefully choose items in mint condition.
--Each item will be wrapped in a clear poly-bag for protection during shipping.
--Collector's Grade items are meant to be displayed in their packaging.

Standard Grade items will be shipped if you don't need to upgrade.
--The item is brand-new, in mint condition, and sealed inside its packaging.
--Packaging condition is verified to be 80% mint (C8), or better.
--Standard Grade items are suitable to display in the package, or to open.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:01 am

Ah... missed that haha. Are they a trustworthy store: ie: Good customer service and no bootlegs?
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Tracer1
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tracer1 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:44 am

Yes, BBTS is a trustworthy site... they're not sellling any bootlegs

Landcross

Post by Landcross » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:33 am

RocktheDragon wrote:Does anyone have any more information on the Gigantic Series Dragon Ball Z Begeta? I like what I'm seeing in the preview photos for the design but I've never bought any figure made by X-Plus. Anyone have prior dealings with this company? Anyone have any general idea on the quality?
X-Plus are mainly known for the high end Godzilla collectibles. They're statues, but the best quality around, when it comes to Godzilla stuff. X-Pluses are the holy grails.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:19 am

What are some other good sites for legitimate Dragon Ball figure collecting? I've gone through Angolz and Hobby Link Japan, but I'm after some more options. Preferably ones that won't kill me with shipping to Australia.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:48 am

X-Plus makes some amazing stuff. As someone point out, there Godzilla stuff is great and they look very close to the suits in the films. I prefer collecting the S.H Figuarts since they are cheaper. I still love the Super Battle Collection figures because of the nostalgia.
She/Her

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:29 am

A member of sideshow, who had the chance of helping out bluefin at a convention last year, posted this on the board:
Hi All,

As some of you may remember, I was able to work at the Tamashii Nations booth last October for New York Comic Con. Well they asked if I could help them again for NY Toy Fair and of course I said yes. I just wanted to report back with some news after speaking with one of their reps from Japan (this was a different guy setting up all the displays). He seemed to be about my age (26) and was very friendly.

He said that Android 17 is next in the lineup with Kid Buu most likely following up after him to complete the main villains of the series. Super Buu and Fat Buu are much bigger versions and from what I gather, those bigger figures aren't favored by Bandai for production. He said Nappa and Shrenon are no longer a consideration.

We didn't put the figures in the cases yet but I wouldn't count on seeing any new prototypes at TF unfortunately. He just showed me Android 18 while he was getting everything ready for tomorrow.
Update from the guy who worked with tamashii today:
Hi All,

Lots of feedback since my last post I see. I had a really fun day at the Tamashii Booth and had an absolute blast posing so many figures! All the new pics you'll see tomorrow of the DBZ display are my doing :P I just wasn't allowed to pose Android 18 and normal Goku. But yeah, there's no new DBZ prototypes at all unfortunately. I was able to speak to another Tamashii Rep today but this time it was the guy who handles all of the licensing. We spoke for like 40 mins as we were setting up the Mario display which by the way is amazing!! The figure of Mario is incredible.

But anyway, I got a little bit of new info from him:

Brolly - He said Brolly was pretty much the leader of those polls they took at the cons and they are heavily considering him now despite his size.
Nappa - I mentioned what the other guy said on Friday about Nappa and he said it is true that Nappa isn't really on the list anymore BUT it's possible they MAY revisit him in the future so there's still hope but you'll have to wait a while if it happens.
Gohan - He was curious which adult Gohan people would want...Mystic or Super Saiyan hair (aka Saiyaman clothes). I said I would personally prefer Mystic as that's his more iconic adult look.
Vegeta - Vegeta is the next San Diego Comic Con repaint. He mentioned that there may even be some new tooling with him! He said this is a Vegeta that a lot of people will want even if you have the other two. When I asked if it was that weird color variant when he first showed up in the anime he said could be. I got the feeling I was pressing him too hard about the subject so I stopped asking about it. So I'm not too sure what Vegeta it will be, but that's the next one for San Diego.

Oddly enough, he said the Sailer Moon series is their best selling line ever. But like I said a few months ago, the DBZ line is super strong so I wouldn't worry about your favorite figures not getting their due. I'm sure they will in the long run. I spoke with some retailers and they all said the same thing -- DBZ sells so well for them.

Hope that helps. Next time I go there will be during tear down on Wednesday.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I also asked him about a SSJ4 Goku and he said unlikely as it's really not well liked in Japan.
Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

ricecake
Beyond Newbie

Post by ricecake » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:36 pm

Saw this Toriyama Robo figure in Goku gi. It says it's a prize that has to be won from a vendor.
http://collectiondx.com/news_item/21314 ... agonball_z

The link also shows some Arale figures:
http://www.taghobby.com/1-0/1-6/banpres ... %E5%9C%96/

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:47 pm

Gonstead wrote:A member of sideshow, who had the chance of helping out bluefin at a convention last year, posted this on the board:
Hi All,

As some of you may remember, I was able to work at the Tamashii Nations booth last October for New York Comic Con. Well they asked if I could help them again for NY Toy Fair and of course I said yes. I just wanted to report back with some news after speaking with one of their reps from Japan (this was a different guy setting up all the displays). He seemed to be about my age (26) and was very friendly.

He said that Android 17 is next in the lineup with Kid Buu most likely following up after him to complete the main villains of the series. Super Buu and Fat Buu are much bigger versions and from what I gather, those bigger figures aren't favored by Bandai for production. He said Nappa and Shrenon are no longer a consideration.

We didn't put the figures in the cases yet but I wouldn't count on seeing any new prototypes at TF unfortunately. He just showed me Android 18 while he was getting everything ready for tomorrow.
Update from the guy who worked with tamashii today:
Hi All,

Lots of feedback since my last post I see. I had a really fun day at the Tamashii Booth and had an absolute blast posing so many figures! All the new pics you'll see tomorrow of the DBZ display are my doing :P I just wasn't allowed to pose Android 18 and normal Goku. But yeah, there's no new DBZ prototypes at all unfortunately. I was able to speak to another Tamashii Rep today but this time it was the guy who handles all of the licensing. We spoke for like 40 mins as we were setting up the Mario display which by the way is amazing!! The figure of Mario is incredible.

But anyway, I got a little bit of new info from him:

Brolly - He said Brolly was pretty much the leader of those polls they took at the cons and they are heavily considering him now despite his size.
Nappa - I mentioned what the other guy said on Friday about Nappa and he said it is true that Nappa isn't really on the list anymore BUT it's possible they MAY revisit him in the future so there's still hope but you'll have to wait a while if it happens.
Gohan - He was curious which adult Gohan people would want...Mystic or Super Saiyan hair (aka Saiyaman clothes). I said I would personally prefer Mystic as that's his more iconic adult look.
Vegeta - Vegeta is the next San Diego Comic Con repaint. He mentioned that there may even be some new tooling with him! He said this is a Vegeta that a lot of people will want even if you have the other two. When I asked if it was that weird color variant when he first showed up in the anime he said could be. I got the feeling I was pressing him too hard about the subject so I stopped asking about it. So I'm not too sure what Vegeta it will be, but that's the next one for San Diego.

Oddly enough, he said the Sailer Moon series is their best selling line ever. But like I said a few months ago, the DBZ line is super strong so I wouldn't worry about your favorite figures not getting their due. I'm sure they will in the long run. I spoke with some retailers and they all said the same thing -- DBZ sells so well for them.

Hope that helps. Next time I go there will be during tear down on Wednesday.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I also asked him about a SSJ4 Goku and he said unlikely as it's really not well liked in Japan.
Curses really like different sized figures, cool that Kid Buu will come soon though! Could Majin Vegeta be on the way? Hope we get a Beerus eventually!! :thumbup:

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:59 pm

Going from what I hear from Bluefin from the Toy Fair that Broli has won pretty much every character poll in conventions apparently. There's a good chance that he will get made into a Figuart or Figuart Zero. I think SSjG Goku, Beerus, Coola, Janemba, Broli and SSj Gogeta may be the only movie characters that might get made into figuarts. I think the others like Garlic Jr, Lord Slug and Bojack are not enough popular to sell well.
She/Her

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:50 pm

#17 S.H Figuart

I guess #16 will be next. It would be nice to have #19 and Gero release as a two pack. Super 13 is also pretty popular, so we could see him in the near future given that he was pretty popular.
She/Her