Funny or ignorant things you've heard a DB fan say?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Wibbs
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Funny or ignorant things you've heard a DB fan say?

Post by Wibbs » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:22 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
Wibbs wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:
They can their facts from DB Wiki or other Youtube comments(Or other ignorant DB places). It's like a false rumor in school.
:problem: Stupid shit like Super Saiyan 3 Broly doesn't help much either. All what-ifs like that do is add fuel to the ever growing fire that is Broly's fanbase.
I love when people try to use SSJ4 Broly despite it being impossible for him.

1. Broly has never been in Oozaru form, meaning he has no experience with it like Vegeta does.

2. Broly may not even have a tail

3. Broly is FAR too mentally unstable to control the Super Oozaru let alone himself without his father's headband. That thing isnt going to fit on a Oozaru sized head.

Broly, and this is assuming he has a tail, would just go into the Super Oozaru form and be stuck in it until he's brought down or his tail is removed.
I think I remember seeing concept art for Broly with a tail once on Daizenshuu. Anyway, yeah you're right about the whole Super Saiyan 4 Broly thing, the idea is just ludicrous. It would make just as much sense as if Nappa did it.
Thanks to SSJ God Gogeta for the avatar.

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:36 pm

"How do you order from kanzentai"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-65QRWxSM8U

:P

I mean, you can't expect everyone to know what Kanzentai is/was, but I found it quite amusing when I first read it.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:05 am

I hope they make a new movie with Broly in a cameo just so Goku or Vegeta can one-shot him, then see the fanboys cry about it.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:31 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:I hope they make a new movie with Broly in a cameo just so Goku or Vegeta can one-shot him, then see the fanboys cry about it.
GT would have a lot more praise these days if they had run with such an idea in the "Super #17" arc.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:42 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:I hope they make a new movie with Broly in a cameo just so Goku or Vegeta can one-shot him, then see the fanboys cry about it.
Seeing how other franchises do similar things, this was something I was kinda hoping for...before we learned that Toriyama was involved with the film and had written it as if he were continuing the manga. I wanted them to animate a roughly 1 or 2 minute intro to the film that featured Broli returning and transforming into Super Saiyan 3, yet still being easily dispatched by Super Saiyan 3 Goku and Vegeta. Without breaking a sweat. This was not meant to imply that they would need teamwork to take him down, just that, being Broli, he would attack both of them at once. This would have been noted after the battle by having Vegeta remark that Broli was an idiot for not attacking them one at a time, with Goku being blunt Goku and telling him it wouldn't have mattered. :lol:
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:05 pm

We got ourselves another Broly fan.

On another interesting note, I noticed I got blocked by the DBZ page on facebook. No longer able to make a comment and all previous posts on it were removed. Guess all that shutting down the Broly fans who claimed he could beat Omega Shenron didnt sit too well with a admin.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:45 pm

The admin a fanboy of Broly too!?

Mystic Buu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mystic Buu » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:54 am

KentalSSJ6 wrote:We got ourselves another Broly fan.

On another interesting note, I noticed I got blocked by the DBZ page on facebook. No longer able to make a comment and all previous posts on it were removed. Guess all that shutting down the Broly fans who claimed he could beat Omega Shenron didnt sit too well with a admin.
Why are there so many blind Broly fans?

DBZ Mick
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Mick » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:08 am

Doesn't Broly say in Movie #8, in the original Japanese version that 'my ki is rising, it's overflowing'. Now, it's only Movie #8 that states this I believe. To me this indicates, Broly's power DOES rise but it's too much for him to handle. As soon as he says this, he powers up and fires all these ki blast around New Vegeta and after he seems to calm down. I also believe it was posted here that Broly needed to do this again when Goku hit him with the Toei punch, thus he explodes.
It is in his character to be rude and a bit crass. He's a hick, with no formal education. That is Son Goku. That is who he is.

Superman in an orange Gi was the bastard son of FUNimation. Its not The real character, it is as false as Chatku.

-DemonRin

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:09 am

Mystic Buu wrote:Why are there so many blind Broly fans?
BECAUSE BROLY IS PERFECT AND ALL POWERFUL AND NOBODY CAN STOP HIM!

I apologise for my words. I've had a cold shower. I'm OK now.
I'm a webcomic artist! Check out http://tapastic.com/series/Hearts

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:26 pm

Today I encounter a "Toriyama Said this and that was CANNON".
Shonen Hikada4 hours ago

+Blingman121v3 Are you unaware that toriyama did the backstory for many of the fille episodes. The ginyu force fight being one of them.
Shonen Hikada45 minutes ago

+Blingman121v3 kazenshuu 
Blingman121v342 minutes ago

Oh ok just making sure. Cause you know that if you're bad that your body is washed out and reincarnated. As you don't keep your body. What happen in that filler? They go to hell with a body.
Reply ·

Blingman121v332 minutes ago

+Shonen Hikada Wow really? Nice lie because according to Kanzenshuu that was NOT his idea.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/production/toriyama/

Nice try. 
Show less
Ok. Now see how he states he used Kanzenshuu as a source?
Shonen Hikada20 minutes ago

+Blingman121v3 Kazenshuu website isn't updated with information that been presented from the forum, and daizenshuu guidbooks which is where the information was stated.

Also their was a quote from one the daizenshuu guide books where toriyama praised the animation staff for their involvement and creation of the manga. He also made the claim that both anime and manga are cannon in his oppinion.

S the only hang up are the hardcore fans who are like if it not in the manga it doesn't count.
Show less
So wait. He used Kanzenshuu as a source but then Kanzenshuu is out-dated with the info is states so he says it's is the forum section :think: . First time I heard that. Of course he said "Cannon" and the usual..."Toriyama said".

You would think Mr.AT was The Rock.
"Do you smell what Akira is cooking? Akira says......Akira says....Akira says.....Akira says this is canon. This is canon......Akira says".

Gokuden
Regular

Post by Gokuden » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:51 am

''SEAN SCHEMELL IS GAY CAUSE TEHRE'S NO WAY A PERSON WITH SUCH A HAPPY GO LUCKY VOICE CAN B STRAIT''

Sean's girlfriend then disproved the above statement.
That time your teacher asked you to draw Cell in biology class.
This man is my hero:
To be perfectly honest, I couldn't care less about the fans a re-issue might alienate because if all they're concerned about is being able to scalp the people who were either unaware of the Dragon Boxes or couldn't afford them at the time, they're just leeches and deserve to have their greed backfire on them.

Landcross

Post by Landcross » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:15 am

Gokuden wrote:''SEAN SCHEMELL IS GAY CAUSE TEHRE'S NO WAY A PERSON WITH SUCH A HAPPY GO LUCKY VOICE CAN B STRAIT''

His girlfriend lived about 20 minutes from my town, I met them both at a Hookah bar a year ago.
Last edited by Landcross on Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gokuden
Regular

Post by Gokuden » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:23 am

Landcross wrote:
Gokuden wrote:''SEAN SCHEMELL IS GAY CAUSE TEHRE'S NO WAY A PERSON WITH SUCH A HAPPY GO LUCKY VOICE CAN B STRAIT''

His girlfriend lived about 20 minutes from my town, I met them both at a Hookah bar a year ago.

Here's another unpopular opinion: I think that the Androids into the Cell Saga is one of the most fun parts of the series.
Lucky, did you ask for an autograph?

Haha, I heard this back when Viz was putting out paper thin DBZ chapters, they had a section where you could write comments: ''Why can't Pan-chan be a Super-Saiyan?'' At the time I had no idea who Pan was, and thought I could use her to make pancakes.

Several years later, Akira Toriyama responds: ''I can't draw the girls ssj, it's 2 hard, god bless!''.
That time your teacher asked you to draw Cell in biology class.
This man is my hero:
To be perfectly honest, I couldn't care less about the fans a re-issue might alienate because if all they're concerned about is being able to scalp the people who were either unaware of the Dragon Boxes or couldn't afford them at the time, they're just leeches and deserve to have their greed backfire on them.

JackyBoi99
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by JackyBoi99 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:25 am

The Youtube dragon ball z fan base is ridiculous. Thank god we have people like Vegeto30294 to educate the naive and silly people on youtube
It is clear that sometime in Mark Satan's life, he acquired the dragon balls and called upon shenlong to grant him immortality.

98% of Kanzenshuu-goers have not kissed a girl. If you're one of the 2% that has, copy and paste this into your signature.
- Kid Buu

Landcross

Post by Landcross » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:42 am

Gokuden wrote:
Landcross wrote:

Here's another unpopular opinion: I think that the Androids into the Cell Saga is one of the most fun parts of the series.
Lucky, did you ask for an autograph?

Haha, I heard this back when Viz was putting out paper thin DBZ chapters, they had a section where you could write comments: ''Why can't Pan-chan be a Super-Saiyan?'' At the time I had no idea who Pan was, and thought I could use her to make pancakes.

Several years later, Akira Toriyama responds: ''I can't draw the girls ssj, it's 2 hard, god bless!''.
I did, it was a public appearance that he was set to be signing at. I had met him over a decade prior and had him sign the same Katsucon badge. Also, I was apparently in the wrong thread with my "unpopular opinion" post. Carry on then.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:20 pm

Dreamcass2 months ago

Shunsuke Kikuchi = John Williams
Bruce Faulconer = Justin Bieber
Reply · 7
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Give this man a medal.

JEFFMAN219
Regular

Post by JEFFMAN219 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:15 pm

Lool on youtube I wrote on the comment section saying Bruce Faulconers music is overrated and here is what someone said to me via reply.

"I had to go back to this comment because in the back of mind I kept thinking to myself - did he really say Bruce's soundtracks are overrated?

You sir, are one of the worst human beings I have ever encountered on the internet."

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:27 pm

JEFFMAN219 wrote:Lool on youtube I wrote on the comment section saying Bruce Faulconers music is overrated and here is what someone said to me via reply.

"I had to go back to this comment because in the back of mind I kept thinking to myself - did he really say Bruce's soundtracks are overrated?

You sir, are one of the worst human beings I have ever encountered on the internet."
I really, really hope you came up with something witty to reply.
I'm a webcomic artist! Check out http://tapastic.com/series/Hearts

cRookie_Monster
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by cRookie_Monster » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:48 pm

UltimateHammerBro wrote:
JEFFMAN219 wrote:Lool on youtube I wrote on the comment section saying Bruce Faulconers music is overrated and here is what someone said to me via reply.

I really, really hope you came up with something witty to reply.
Maybe something like: "How do you know what Bruce Faulconer's soundtrack sound like when he barely wrote anything himself for the show?"

I cringe every time I see someone post "BRUCE FAULCONER IS THE GOD OF COMPOSERS!" The ignorance isn't really their fault...but man it bugs me.
- Scott
http://morganstudios.com