Dragon Ball Z "Seasons" On Blu-ray: News & Discussion

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

samuraix123
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Z "Seasons" On Blu-ray: News & Discussion

Post by samuraix123 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:49 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:It's up on the FUNImation store but sadly no art yet and an incorrect release date:
http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/ShopPro ... emid=87105

I think it'll Trunks vs Freeza and his father with the android in the background vs Z warrior's.

Anyway, glad they're dishing them out :D Can't wait untill the Buu saga!
samuraix123 wrote:Well that's good to see! Hopefully they'll keep releasing them....I'm a little sad that I don't know if Toriko part 5 is coming out yet or not.
Don't think it was a good seller for them, so they haven't been in a hurry to get them out it seems.

But more Fairy Tail aswell as Haganai Next and sentai releasing the book of bantorra on BD, man my wallets going to take a beating in May :lol:
Not to go off topic but Toriko won't get canceled and not get finished releasing over here will it? :(
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

thekingfallsdown
Not-So-Newbie

Post by thekingfallsdown » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:03 pm

kei17 wrote:Even though they're releasing new volumes really quickly, isn't it inevitable that later volumes are going to conflict with Buu arc Kai? They're saturating the market yet again, which seems absurd to me.
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they consider KAI a different product/market then DBZ. So they "wouldn't" conflict with each other.
Currently enjoying Anime, Music, Tv shows, and Final Fantasy XII. Follow my twitter for conversation! @thekingfallsdwn

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:08 pm

Right, but that's not reality in the mind of their consumers. We've clearly seen that their consumers believe DBZ is DBZ is DBZ is DBZ, regardless of what it's dressed up as or what other words come after that.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

TheAldella
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheAldella » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:00 pm

Er....That's funny, since most people I have seen either like Kai or like Z. Lots don't wanna own both XD
Favorite anime -
Mob Psycho 100
Yu Yu Hakusho

Favorite movies -
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Zack Snyder's Justice League
HybridSaiyan wrote:Super better nail the fusion right. I don't want to see some gay twirling shit like the Zamasu fusion when they should just smack dicks together and merge.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:14 pm

samuraix123 wrote:Not to go off topic but Toriko won't get canceled and not get finished releasing over here will it? :(
Toriko is going faster than Kai at the moment, and it's extremely close to the manga. So, Toriko is gonna end, unfortunately.

But hey, it may return once Kai ends. Hopefully...
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:17 pm

Well I'm fine with that but I was just curious if the rest of the episodes will get released over here in the states on DVD. Next to Dragonball, Toriko makes me laugh so much and I'd hate to not get part 5 dvd released or the rest of the episodes.
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

chaosyoshimage
Beyond Newbie

Post by chaosyoshimage » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:32 pm

I don't think this has been answered yet, but if it hasn't, the ending theme is indeed double-zoomed still. Also, I think the set does look brighter than the first one. I'm sorry I can't really take screencaps, but everyone seems to look paler. I'm watching it in order, so I apologize for not being able to provide info about certain episodes (Such as the 35mm ones). I'm still on Fake Namek...

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:53 pm

chaosyoshimage wrote:I don't think this has been answered yet, but if it hasn't, the ending theme is indeed double-zoomed still. Also, I think the set does look brighter than the first one. I'm sorry I can't really take screencaps, but everyone seems to look paler. I'm watching it in order, so I apologize for not being able to provide info about certain episodes (Such as the 35mm ones). I'm still on Fake Namek...
That confirms what we've seen on the Season Two trailer but it's still rather disappointing. :?

Here's how Season Nine (DVD release) would look like in HD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6xNIkq6plk
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:08 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Right, but that's not reality in the mind of their consumers. We've clearly seen that their consumers believe DBZ is DBZ is DBZ is DBZ, regardless of what it's dressed up as or what other words come after that.
Definitely. And, at their current pace, isn't releasing the Buu arc seasons around the same time as the Kai version a likely scenario?

Of all things, it seems particularly counter-productive to have two HD versions of the same story content hitting shelves together. Then again, we have no idea what the Kai release schedule will look like.

Landcross

Post by Landcross » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:54 pm

Amazon says my season two is preparing for shipment now.

Also, I hope season 4-onward get linking covers with new art as well.

Daimo-Rukiri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:36 am

The Kai arc would most likely be released on home video next spring if it airs this fall, assuming they're not going for a summer release.

Gdugz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gdugz » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:20 am

Mine has shipped, says it will be here on friday.

Daimo-Rukiri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:25 am

When someone posts some screenshots, can they post the orange brick screenshots as well?
Is it me, or is these batch of episodes just brighter than the rest of the series? I guess since Namek's color pallet is technically brighter than what it is for Earth, but hopefully we don't have bleach white skin!

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:29 am

I have all 7 Dragon Boxes but I will but the Buu set's when they come out only cause 1080p and If they are better than the orange bricks.The only reason I have my Buu Era orange bricks is the Funi/American Score so if the Blu-rays are HD orange bricks why not?
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:59 am

NintendoBlaze53 wrote:I have all 7 Dragon Boxes but I will but the Buu set's when they come out only cause 1080p and If they are better than the orange bricks.The only reason I have my Buu Era orange bricks is the Funi/American Score so if the Blu-rays are HD orange bricks why not?
In terms of details and overall picture quality Season 8 & 9 look near excellent, if it wasn't for the cropping it would've been better than the US Dragon Box Z release. It's going to be interesting seeing how the Season BDs of S8 & S9 compare to their DVD counterparts.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:14 am

Hiya folks, I know that they, mostly Sabat, re-dub some stuff but is the 3rd track (U.S Broadcast) untouched?

dbzkfan543

Post by dbzkfan543 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:23 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Hiya folks, I know that they, mostly Sabat, re-dub some stuff but is the 3rd track (U.S Broadcast) untouched?
On the orange bricks, I believe most of the redubs were carried over from the JP music track to the US music track.

RocktheDragon
Regular

Post by RocktheDragon » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:32 am

Mine is being prepared for shipment and set to arrive Thursday. I guess we can now all confirm that this release has not been delayed.
Kyle Broflovski wrote:It's all real. Think about it. Haven't Luke Skywalker and Santa Claus affected your lives more than most real people in this room? I mean, whether Jesus is real or not, he - he's had a bigger impact on the world than any of us have. And the same can be said for Bugs Bunny and - and Superman and Harry Potter. They've changed my life - changed the way I act on the earth. Doesn't that make them kind of real? They might be imaginary but, but they're more important than most of us here. And they're all gonna be around here long after we're dead. So, in a way, those things are more realer than any of us.

SupremeSSJ
Beyond Newbie

Post by SupremeSSJ » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:45 pm

chaosyoshimage wrote:I don't think this has been answered yet, but if it hasn't, the ending theme is indeed double-zoomed still.
That's really uncalled for. What a shame to true DBZ fans.

Landcross

Post by Landcross » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:48 am

SupremeSSJ wrote:
chaosyoshimage wrote:I don't think this has been answered yet, but if it hasn't, the ending theme is indeed double-zoomed still.
That's really uncalled for. What a shame to true DBZ fans.
I don't understand what the issue with the end credits is, why it's double zoomed.

However, it's not like I don't have access to this ending on a million other DVD's. I don't care THAT much.