Beerus literally awakening 3 years later?!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Beerus literally awakening 3 years later?!

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:34 pm

About this,
In the original version after the Karate Chop, we just see Whis saying Beerus should sleep for another 3 years.
In the director's cut version, we have a new scene after that, where we see Whis talk with him and set the alarm clock for 3 years later (teasing a sequel even more)

Image below because I'm lazy to upload the clip

We all know the series always had a lot of timeskips but what if this time they will take the timeskip literally?!

2013: Battle of Gods
2014: Buu Saga Kai (beginning)
2015: Buu Saga Kai (ending)
2016: Battle of Gods sequel?!

Leave your thoughts.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Mystic Buu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Beerus literally awakening 3 years later?!

Post by Mystic Buu » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:41 pm

It could be.I don't think that the BOG sequel will be finished before 2016 or 2017.

RocktheDragon
Regular

Post by RocktheDragon » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:01 pm

I'm betting on the reveal of a Dragon Ball Heroes anime after the ending of Kai but who knows at this point. I certainly would welcome a new movie announcement and it would get people excited. At the least, I hope there is something new announced at the end of Kai's run that isn't another rehash of already available material.
Kyle Broflovski wrote:It's all real. Think about it. Haven't Luke Skywalker and Santa Claus affected your lives more than most real people in this room? I mean, whether Jesus is real or not, he - he's had a bigger impact on the world than any of us have. And the same can be said for Bugs Bunny and - and Superman and Harry Potter. They've changed my life - changed the way I act on the earth. Doesn't that make them kind of real? They might be imaginary but, but they're more important than most of us here. And they're all gonna be around here long after we're dead. So, in a way, those things are more realer than any of us.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:52 pm

Maybe Kai won't end... I can imagine at the end of what we will think is going to be the last episode, we hear "Next time on Dragon ball Kai, Beerus awakens from his 3 year nap..."

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:22 pm

The Buu saga of Kai will likely end this year depending how fast they cover things. In 2015, we will likely get a sequel and we could hear some type of info for DBZ Move 15 around this summer. I remember info was leak for BOG back in July 2012.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:12 pm

I would like this to happen, but it's more likely that they will go back to Toriko after Kai.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:14 pm

I know there's around 3 to 4 weeks a year where Toei's weekend anime takes a week off due to holidays or general events, but 46 still seems a few weeks too short unless one or two of those are taken up for something else. My guess is those extra weeks would be something One Piece related.

I'm not sure if they'll go back to Toriko or not. Toei's been so cheap lately, even this year's Precure feels like it's taken a hit in the animation department (and Precure's normally safe from that. They may have used up too much of the budget on those cgi attack sequences instead of just doing a regular 2D stock footage.).

Maybe all of Toei's budget's going to Sailor Moon Crystal...
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:30 pm

DB Heroes getting a TV show is more likely then a TV show based on the 12 worlds. I think Toei will do a new movie once every two - three years. It can go like this:

2013: BOG
2015: Movie 15
2017: Movie 16
2019: Movie 17

That would be enough for now.
She/Her

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:50 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:DB Heroes getting a TV show is more likely then a TV show based on the 12 worlds. I think Toei will do a new movie once every two - three years. It can go like this:

2013: BOG
2015: Movie 15
2017: Movie 16
2019: Movie 17

That would be enough for now.
hahaha you're too optimistic.
I dont see the point of an DB Heroes anime to be honest. Its funny like an arcade game since the updates it can have are too many.
When it comes to anime, I rather they focus on the actual show instead of wasting money on that.

These talk about the 12 universes has a lot of potential. It would be great if Tori was inspired to write it.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:34 pm

Id rather not see a new anime honestly. Even with the budget BOG got, aside from some fight scenes, the current artstyle is just ugly. It'll look even worse without the budget BOG got, like along the lines of the Ultimate Tenkaichi cutscenes.

Not trying to sound like a broken record here but if they were to do a new animated series id prefer it look like the animation from the Budokai 2/3 intros.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:45 pm

Heroes is a type of game that can work into a TV show. If Bandai wants more cards to sell then they can have Toei make a DBH TV show. Bandai is Toei's lapdog, if they ask them to roll over then they will do it.
She/Her

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:11 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:Heroes is a type of game that can work into a TV show. If Bandai wants more cards to sell then they can have Toei make a DBH TV show. Bandai is Toei's lapdog, if they ask them to roll over then they will do it.
It's not like Dragon Ball Heroes is more successful than the Dragon Ball/Z anime. They don't even need a DBHeroes series to sell more cards, all they have to do is air something about Dragon Ball, and drop commercials of DBHeroes in the middle. With a new series, they can even expand DBHeroes even more, since they will run out of characters in the end.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:49 am

Wait, does the last chapter of the manga with Uub take place 3 or more years after BoG?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:53 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Wait, does the last chapter of the manga with Uub take place 3 or more years after BoG?
There is roughly a 6 year gap, depending on the months. Battle of Gods is in AGE 778 and the the 28th Tenkaichi Budokai takes place in AGE 784.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)