Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: Dragon Ball Z 2015 Film

Post by sintzu » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:47 am

Kid Buu wrote:Did you know Vegeta creates Saibaman to do the house work for him (they explode before Bulma comes home and Vegeta takes credit for it)?
That's something i can see him do
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:58 am

miguelnuva1 wrote:I wonder if we'll get another SSJ form. Hoping for SSJ3 Vegeta, a canon Gogeta or a Future Trunks return.
If Vegeta gets a new form, it will likely be SSjG Vegeta. I doubt he will go SSj3 and I'm pretty sure Future Trunks will likely never come back. He has no reason to return to Goku's timeline given that #17 & #18 and Cell are gone. I don't think they should bring him back unless there's a reason too. Having him come back for the fans and not coming back for the stake for the plot sounds bad.

If AT is around this time then I would imagine GT, the pre-BOG movies and any references to the anime filler will likely be ignore as long if AT is around. He does not seem to care too much about them and seems to prefer his own creations.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:03 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:If Vegeta gets a new form, it will likely be SSjG Vegeta. I doubt he will go SSj3 .
Ssj3 is big in Japan so i can see him getting to use it in a fight before getting ssjg

Ryuman
Regular

Post by Ryuman » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:07 pm

Something I'm interested in is Toriyama coming up with a story and plot-points from scratch. Yes, he gave a massive overhaul to Watanabe's BOG plot, but in the end it seemed like he still had to adhere to the concepts of 'God of Destruction' and 'Super Saiyan God'.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:15 pm

Ryuman wrote:Something I'm interested in is Toriyama coming up with a story and plot-points from scratch. Yes, he gave a massive overhaul to Watanabe's BOG plot, but in the end it seemed like he still had to adhere to the concepts of 'God of Destruction' and 'Super Saiyan God'.
With this being a sequel to it i think he'll still have the plot points from it

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:20 pm

sintzu wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:If Vegeta gets a new form, it will likely be SSjG Vegeta. I doubt he will go SSj3 .
Ssj3 is big in Japan so i can see him getting to use it in a fight before getting ssjg
True, I know that but Vegeta said that he wants to go SSjG next.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:20 pm

Ryuman wrote:Something I'm interested in is Toriyama coming up with a story and plot-points from scratch. Yes, he gave a massive overhaul to Watanabe's BOG plot, but in the end it seemed like he still had to adhere to the concepts of 'God of Destruction' and 'Super Saiyan God'.
Why do you think he had to do so? Maybe it was just to save Watanabe's face or he chose to adopt the idea himself because it was good enough.

I'm getting a little pissed off by some people's antipathies toward Toriyama's writing and new ideas these days.

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:24 pm

kei17 wrote:I'm getting a little pissed off by some people's antipathies toward Toriyama's writing and new ideas these days.
Well, if they don't like it they don't like it. That's just, like, their opinion, man.

... What? New movie you say?! Crap, I ain't even seen the last one yet...
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:28 pm

kei17 wrote:I'm getting a little pissed off by some people's antipathies toward Toriyama's writing and new ideas these days.
Battle of Gods was fantastic but it's unclear just how much involvement he had with the film as a whole. I found Minus to be utterly woeful so I don't think it's unfair to be at least a tiny bit skeptical as to what he's doing now.

My negativity vanished the second I read that his old editor had praised the work though. From all the interviews I've read, it seemed like he was pretty good at keeping Toriyama's ideas in check.

I do think it's silly to be skeptical based purely on his little off hand comments just because they happen to go against pre-established 'canon'.

Personally, I think Toriyama does a poor job of retreading old ground. I do think his new ideas are actually pretty damn good. Jaco, while not something I loved was great and his creativity when it comes to his villains hasn't degraded over the years.

I'm sure it'll be a great film. As he said, he doesn't have to worry about the art or the tedious stuff he hates doing, he gets to focus entirely on what he loves and I think that's something we should really be excited for.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Ryuman
Regular

Post by Ryuman » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:40 pm

kei17 wrote:Why do you think he had to do so? Maybe it was just to save Watanabe's face or he chose to adopt the idea himself because it was good enough.

I'm getting a little pissed off by some people's antipathies toward Toriyama's writing and new ideas these days.
Of course, I have no way of knowing for sure. I'm just conjecturing out of my own interest. It's not like I ever had a problem with either idea though.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:46 pm

It's a post-BOG movie! Yay! Chances of more ssjg Gokû increased!
So many thanks to Julian's translation. I'm so excited!
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:47 pm

"This time will of course be a continuation of the previous Battle of Gods"

Hopefully we will get to see Baby Pan and Bulma pregnant with Bra? xD :lol:

If Toriyama gets his wish of focusing more on Vegeta as he has said before... perhaps Bra's birth might actually get to play a role on all that.

I also hope Trunks hits puberty soon. He should be around the age when Gohan died in the future timeline.
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:03 pm

I hope it takes place after the the 28th Tenkaichi Budokai. A nice, long, Toriyama-apporved scene with Pan, Uub, and the older versions of Goten and Trunks would be fun to see. Maybe he can even throw in Z from Neko Majin if he wants.

But of course, then you run into the original problem with BoG, that the other characters are old as hell.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:04 pm

Vegeta's midlife crisis. Nearing fifty and going to be a daddy again. "My God, what am I going to do?!"

A post-comic movie could still work. Make it a farce where the ladies go on a quest to get Shen Long to make them young again. Toriyama antics ensue.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FlpShimizu » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:07 pm

JulieYBM wrote:Vegeta's midlife crisis. Nearing fifty and going to be a daddy again. "My God, what am I going to do?!"

A post-comic movie could still work. Make it a farce where the ladies go on a quest to get Shen Long to make them young again. Toriyama antics ensue.
That would be hilarious
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:07 pm

soulnova wrote: If Toriyama gets his wish of focusing more on Vegeta as he has said before... perhaps Bra's birth might actually get to play a role on all that.
They let him do what he wanted in BOG so i'm sure it'll be the same for this movie

RocktheDragon
Regular

Post by RocktheDragon » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:16 pm

Incredible news to hear on this Tuesday morning! I fell asleep quite early last night, so I was unable to be here with the news seemed to have premiered, but that doesn't halt my excitement one bit. :) It's nice to hear that enthusiasm coming from Toriyama, and I do find it to be quite infectious. If he believes that this next film will be an improvement on the last, then I will be right there with him.

Even as someone that absolutely detested Dragon Ball Minus, I'm willing to wait this out and see what the whole picture will end up being with this new film before I render any judgement at all. Knowing that Toriyama took a lot of his own time to create this story, I will have to believe in those storytelling skills of his.

Can't wait for its eventual release, and as others have noted throughout this thread, this makes 2015 quite the year for movies all around.
Kyle Broflovski wrote:It's all real. Think about it. Haven't Luke Skywalker and Santa Claus affected your lives more than most real people in this room? I mean, whether Jesus is real or not, he - he's had a bigger impact on the world than any of us have. And the same can be said for Bugs Bunny and - and Superman and Harry Potter. They've changed my life - changed the way I act on the earth. Doesn't that make them kind of real? They might be imaginary but, but they're more important than most of us here. And they're all gonna be around here long after we're dead. So, in a way, those things are more realer than any of us.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:20 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:Battle of Gods was fantastic but it's unclear just how much involvement he had with the film as a whole.
It's pretty clear; He came up with everything except for Beerus, Super Saiyan God, and the idea of the story taking place at a party.

And yes, it's silly to be skeptical just because of his recent comments and a short extra spin-off comic. Contradicting an established "canon"? What's the big deal? This is just a shonen series. It's not something like Fitzgerald saying that Gatsby was actually gay. He's the one who created the series we love. He wrote a wonderful story for BoG. We should just wait and see how things are going.

CM101Play
Beyond Newbie

Post by CM101Play » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:21 pm

Still soooo hyped for this. BoG, Minus, and all the info AT has been giving out has been amazing. Can't wait to see more. Glad he's back and doing his thing. Hoping this isn't the end either.

Two movies written by AT. Love it.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread

Post by ZombieVito » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:30 pm

This time will of course be a continuation of the previous Battle of Gods, but I’ve deliberately increased the amount of action scenes by a good deal.
The fact that I’d say that, when I’m not big on the flashy action-stuff, means there’s no doubt about it! Even my very first editor Torishima, who rarely ever praises me, said, “This is good!”