If Goku married Bulma would Vegeta have married Tights?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

If Goku married Bulma would Vegeta have married Tights?

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:36 am

Let's pretend for a moment that AT was remaking DBZ and the first change he makes is at the 23rd Budokai Goku marries Bulma, this change would make Bulma's family into a bigger part of the story and thus we may see more of Tights. If Bulma was married to Goku and DBZ carries out more or less the same do you think Vegeta would have ended up with tights?

Gokuden
Regular

Re: If Goku married Bulma would Vegeta have married Tights?

Post by Gokuden » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:56 am

miguelnuva1 wrote:Let's pretend for a moment that AT was remaking DBZ and the first change he makes is at the 23rd Budokai Goku marries Bulma, this change would make Bulma's family into a bigger part of the story and thus we may see more of Tights. If Bulma was married to Goku and DBZ carries out more or less the same do you think Vegeta would have ended up with tights?
Yes, and they would have had three beautiful children together: Nylon, Spandex, and Polyester.
That time your teacher asked you to draw Cell in biology class.
This man is my hero:
To be perfectly honest, I couldn't care less about the fans a re-issue might alienate because if all they're concerned about is being able to scalp the people who were either unaware of the Dragon Boxes or couldn't afford them at the time, they're just leeches and deserve to have their greed backfire on them.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:14 am

Uh. No? :?

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:02 pm

Genetic likelihood that Goku's offspring would be a monster would change and thus Vegeta would have killed Goku in their battle and then the Earth would be destroyed by Vegeta. All because Gohan never came into existence. Even if Goku does manage to beat Vegeta. They die to Freeza because Gohan doesn't exist to save Dende who in-turn saves everyone on Namek so Vegeta would be dead and not ressurected. Piccolo and Goku's alternate offspring would die in the planetary explosion of Namek. Even in the likelihood they survive this. They die to Cell in the Cell Games(Or earlier).

So no. Vegeta wouldn't. 8)

Before someone takes me seriously, In my opinion I don't see it happening. But you never know?
Last edited by Hitiro on Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChahikoDBZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ChahikoDBZ » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:06 pm

I guess I could see it happening. It's weird to think about though.
(Fanfiction link coming soon.)

Angelus
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Angelus » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:26 pm

It seems that Bulma's headstrong and a bit slutty personality was what got Vegeta and her rolling.

If anything, Vegeta might marry Android 18 since 18 might see Vegeta as the only man that could dominate her, and has the "badass" personality to boot.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:54 pm

Angelus wrote:It seems that Bulma's headstrong and a bit slutty personality was what got Vegeta and her rolling.

If anything, Vegeta might marry Android 18 since 18 might see Vegeta as the only man that could dominate her, and has the "badass" personality to boot.
Except Android 18 would have killed Vegeta before anything like that could happen :mrgreen:

ChahikoDBZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ChahikoDBZ » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:15 pm

Marco Polo wrote:
Angelus wrote:It seems that Bulma's headstrong and a bit slutty personality was what got Vegeta and her rolling.

Except Android 18 would have killed Vegeta before anything like that could happen :mrgreen:
Unless they just randomly started something kinky in the middle of battle. :?
(Fanfiction link coming soon.)

Angelus
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Angelus » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:21 pm

But Vegeta would be way more powerful post ROSAT.

Gokuden
Regular

Post by Gokuden » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:35 pm

I'm pretty sure anything to pop out of Bulma would have been more powerful than what Chichi had to offer.

Let me explain, at first Bulma and Goku were rivals or enemies, then they became friends, then Bulma began to care for Goku, and began crying for him at times, and then finally realized him as a love interest. The perfect evolution to a love interest in an anime where Toriyama alleges he cannot write romantic relationships, so what if she was a few years older than him?

All their shared history, and chemistry comes to a close when Toriyama decides to pull the arranged marriage out a hat with a girl who Goku truly don't care for, like next to not knowing her at all. Then bam, strange Goku husbandry.

To me Chichi is not the right wife. Vegeta should have married someone that wasn't created until the Cell saga, aka 18, she was his better half for a while, and Saiyans thrive on rivalry. You didn't see the way he would dirty talk her?

Kururin should have married Chichi, or Maron, or Launch. Tien should have married Chaozu.
That time your teacher asked you to draw Cell in biology class.
This man is my hero:
To be perfectly honest, I couldn't care less about the fans a re-issue might alienate because if all they're concerned about is being able to scalp the people who were either unaware of the Dragon Boxes or couldn't afford them at the time, they're just leeches and deserve to have their greed backfire on them.