Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:21 pm

It's a real shame. Maybe Yamamuro is considering this his last hurrah and wants to do as much as he can himself? He's worked with Shida Naotoshi enough to know his own style (or lack thereof) is certainly not the best one can do for the franchise, so it's really strange to see him continuing to produce works of this quality.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

RocktheDragon
Regular

Post by RocktheDragon » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:22 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
kei17 wrote:It's really depressing to see how Dragon Ball is becoming a Yamamuro show despite of his completely depleted talent. If you ask me, he's almost a tumor of the franchise.
Ain't that a bit harsh?
People are harsh about things they love mang.
Kyle Broflovski wrote:It's all real. Think about it. Haven't Luke Skywalker and Santa Claus affected your lives more than most real people in this room? I mean, whether Jesus is real or not, he - he's had a bigger impact on the world than any of us have. And the same can be said for Bugs Bunny and - and Superman and Harry Potter. They've changed my life - changed the way I act on the earth. Doesn't that make them kind of real? They might be imaginary but, but they're more important than most of us here. And they're all gonna be around here long after we're dead. So, in a way, those things are more realer than any of us.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:22 pm

Yamamuro's lost his ability to draw proportions (especially faces) properly. Someone did a really good comparison on an old thread of it.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:23 pm

Yamamuro is putting his name on this film and releasing it to the public. We have every right to call a duck a duck, especially when he used to be one of the franchise's best animation supervisors.
She/Her
bisexual milf

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:24 pm

I feel like a thread should be created just so that people can give a critique about Yamamuro given there are a lot of strong opinions about is work.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:24 pm

That might be true, but 'tumor' really is unnecessarily harsh, IMO. It's a product for entertainment, not a life-saving medicine.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:26 pm

NitroEX wrote:With the money they made from BoG you'de expect them to at least hire decent animators to up the quality a bit from last time, such a waste.
My thoughts exactly. Since BOG was a success I expected this one have better quality too.
Its a shame One Piece movies/specials get great treatment and DB is treated like this.

Its still too soon to judge but yeah. Right now my mood for DB is go wild or leave it alone.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:28 pm

I really like how nothing seems to bother Whis. :lol:

No SSJ Goku or Vegeta in the trailer.

Does anyone else think that Goku and Freeza fighting looked really familiar to one of the Video games openings?

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:28 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
kei17 wrote:It's really depressing to see how Dragon Ball is becoming a Yamamuro show despite of his completely depleted talent. If you ask me, he's almost a tumor of the franchise.
Ain't that a bit harsh?
No, it's not. Tadayoshi Yamamuro isn't talented anymore. He has regressed over the years and is the shell of his former self. To put it simply, Yamamuro + Character Designer = bad animation. It's as simple as that. He obviously doesn't want to give that position to someone who is talented and familiar with Dragon Ball, such as Naoki Tate. His work in Ultimate Blast truly shows his skills as a key animator. I have no doubt he would make for a wonderful character designer for Dragon Ball.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:30 pm

Freeza's evolution looks awesome! I would never think they would use his first form as the base.

What issues me a bit is SS Gohan hairstyle, I think they should use an adapted version of his new cut.

And about the minions I saw it coming. :lol:

I hope Kame Sen'nin gets some spot, he is the perfect opponent for a Freeza's soldier. Gohan and Piccolo will probably take Sorbet and Tagoma.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:30 pm

It doesn't help that this film probably only just started animation a few weeks ago. If the scheduling had been better we could have probably gotten fewer key animators, more of them trusted and skilled, and with more likelihood of the key animation being drawn better than the character designs. Instead the key animation list will probably be eighty key animators long, most of which are unskilled animators handling the majority of the cuts while talented key animators do small bits of key animation and a lot of quick touch-ups as animation supervisors.
She/Her
bisexual milf

ssjjanemba
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssjjanemba » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:30 pm

who cares if the animation is good or bad, its the story that matters.
Hi

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:32 pm

ssjjanemba wrote:who cares if the animation is good or bad, its the story that matters.
If the film is shit to look at, it'll take an incredibly good story to make up for it. One that a "Revival of Freeza" probably, by default, won't be.

EDIT: I'm not saying it will look like shit. I was generally speaking. I haven't seen enough to have a final say, personally.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Kurosakinelo

Post by Kurosakinelo » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:32 pm

Saw the teaser trailer and I'm pretty impressed with what I saw and can't wait till the full movie is out. I want to see the outcome of that Goku and Freezer clash

Now what ever the animation looks like I'm just glad I get a new film so I guess that makes me an easy fan to please. Don't get me wrong I do like my films to look good but I'm just happy I'm getting new dragon ball stuff. I was happy with how battle of gods turned out so I'll more than likely be happy with how this one looks :D

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:33 pm

It's hard not to feel at least a little jealous when you look at stuff like OP Film Z or Naruto the Last and see what beautiful animation they get by comparison to us.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:33 pm

ssjjanemba wrote:who cares if the animation is good or bad, its the story that matters.
This is nonsense. The animation is a part of the film, it is the manner in which 'the story' is told and is unto itself a story. If the story was all that mattered we would all only care to read a summary of the film on Wikipedia.
She/Her
bisexual milf

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:33 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:He obviously doesn't want to give that position to someone who is talented and familiar with Dragon Ball, such as Naoki Tate.
To be fair, it's the producers who ought to be blamed here. If they had an eye for art, he would have been fired at this point.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:34 pm

I wouldn't go that far however. The movie does need to at least look acceptable; and to me so far, this certainly does. I don't see anything that looks especially bad in this teaser (other than the CG soldiers, but even those are at least far less horrible than the Goku/Beerus models in Battle of Gods were), and certainly nothing worth calling someone a 'tumor' over.
Chuquita wrote:It's hard not to feel at least a little jealous when you look at stuff like OP Film Z or Naruto the Last and see what beautiful animation they get by comparison to us.
This is true too, though really, I'm a lot more jealous of the character-based kind of story we seem to be getting with The Last, that we'll probably never see with Dragon Ball, than I am the animation.
Last edited by Gyt Kaliba on Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:35 pm

kei17 wrote:
DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:He obviously doesn't want to give that position to someone who is talented and familiar with Dragon Ball, such as Naoki Tate.
To be fair, it's the producers who ought to be blamed here. If they had an eye for art, he would have been fired at this point.
Yeah, it was Morishita Kouzou who gave the director's chair for Kami to Kami to Hosoda Masahiro, so I wouldn't be surprised if he did the same here, too.
She/Her
bisexual milf

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:36 pm

kei17 wrote:
Good God... I know Yamamuro ain't that great anymore but... damn... I mean... damn. Obviously he has zero supporters here at Kanzenshuu. :lol: