Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xeogran
I Live Here

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by Xeogran » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:27 pm

Goten was Vegeta's son all along :P
Since Goku was dead, Vegeta wanted to raise himself a new one. He just couldn't live knowing he could never fight his eternal rival again. Then he confronted the Briefs family for a brainwashing device to use on Gohan and Chichi to make them believe that Goten was always a part of their family.

Keikaku doori.
Last edited by Xeogran on Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:27 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I haven't seen any modern day official Dragon Ball art have Final Form Freeza with muscle eyebrows.
It's not as noticeable as in his 100% and golden forms, but his eyebrows should be completely "flat".

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:28 pm

batistabus wrote: Dude...chill. The narrator just says it in this video. It's a mistake. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvvO7XK7f5g
Huh? Chill about what? I was legit confused on where it was stated. So I asked. I don't.. see anything wrong with that. I was completely calm.

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:34 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
batistabus wrote: Dude...chill. The narrator just says it in this video. It's a mistake. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvvO7XK7f5g
Huh? Chill about what? I was legit confused on where it was stated. So I asked. I don't.. see anything wrong with that. I was completely calm.
You sounded like you were panicking haha. Obviously Toriyama wouldn't make a statement saying Goten never existed.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:54 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:It's up! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvvO7XK7f5g
Hmm. That was interesting. It seems the Hell Freeza is in is underwater. Never would have guessed that from anything else that's been said about it.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:57 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:I haven't seen any modern day official Dragon Ball art have Final Form Freeza with muscle eyebrows.
It's not as noticeable as in his 100% and golden forms, but his eyebrows should be completely "flat".
I don't really notice it in the sketch that Toyotarō did but the screenshot from the movie is quite guilty in that regard. But that's what inconsistent animation can produce.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:00 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
I don't really notice it in the sketch that Toyotarō did but the screenshot from the movie is quite guilty in that regard. But that's what inconsistent animation can produce.
It's not really inaccurate, but I'll agree that I don't particularly like it. Though Toriyama did start to give Freeza said brows as the chapters passed in the manga (yes, before 100% power). Freeza's true form's debute and the way he is drawn prior to bulking up are super different.
Last edited by TheDevilsCorpse on Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:06 pm

While on the topic of Toriyama drawing Freeza differently, any particular reason Freeza's right eye in the manga is always more outlined than his left?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:16 pm

Doctor. wrote:While on the topic of Toriyama drawing Freeza differently, any particular reason Freeza's right eye in the manga is always more outlined than his left?
I have a boring guess. Maybe whoever inked it starts inking the left eye first when there's more ink in the pen resulting in a slightly thicker line.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Javaki
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Javaki » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:00 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:Alright, just finished watching the Imagine-Nation special on Fukkatsu no F
Moreover, Yamamuro struggled to visualise Toriyama's idea of hell as the description was so alien to him. He eventually based it on a lake in Austria called "The Green Lake".
Cool, so hell's design is based on Grüner See :D
AjayLikesGaming wrote: The Producer of the film, Horihiro Hayashida, mentioned that the theme of the film was "going back to the source". He revealed that he came up with the idea for bringing back Freeza to fight Goku once again. Strangely, he then talks about how he wanted this film to be all Toriyama.
That's weird. Hayashida himself stated in this interview that it was Toriyama-sensei’s idea to bring Freeza back to life... :?:

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:02 pm

Javaki wrote:That's weird. Hayashida himself stated in this interview that it was Toriyama-sensei’s idea to bring Freeza back to life... :?:
Yeah, it's strange. Considering the amount of misinformation in the narration, I wouldn't take a lot of what was said particularly seriously. It may well be a mistranslation for all we know.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

FutureGohanSSJ2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FutureGohanSSJ2 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:45 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:It's not supposed to be different though. That's just how Toriyama has been drawing Goku's hair recently (though that image specifically is from Yamamuro's version of the form, it's basically traced off Toriyama's).

Excuse me if I'm mistaken, but isn't this drawing have Oda drawing Goku and Toriyama drew Luffy?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:46 pm

No, each author drew their own characters.

radrappy
Beyond Newbie

Post by radrappy » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:46 pm

FutureGohanSSJ2 wrote:
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:It's not supposed to be different though. That's just how Toriyama has been drawing Goku's hair recently (though that image specifically is from Yamamuro's version of the form, it's basically traced off Toriyama's).

Excuse me if I'm mistaken, but isn't this drawing have Oda drawing Goku and Toriyama drew Luffy?
naw, that's definitely an Oda drawn Luffy and a Toriyama drawn Son Goku.

SuperSaiyanQ

Post by SuperSaiyanQ » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:54 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:It's up! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvvO7XK7f5g

Enjoy :)

I also have this recorded at home on my Sky box, so once I'm back, I'll be sure to record a high quality version of this as opposed to this low quality web rip. That won't be until mid-May, though.

Thanks a lot man !
But wow , I would cover that episode for free lol ! The seemed to try and be excited but really not seem to know or care much about the movie/franchise
(Yes I know not everyone watches it)
Just saying that I would've been hyping to the MAX and going insane LOL :crazy:

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:03 pm

batistabus wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:
You sounded like you were panicking haha. Obviously Toriyama wouldn't make a statement saying Goten never existed.
I wasn't. I just wanted to see the source pal.

BlackCatScott
Regular

Post by BlackCatScott » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:07 pm

Wow, that presenter couldn't be any less interested if he tried. And to think he's getting paid for that.

Watching those two try and discuss Dragon Ball is painful viewing. I almost feel for them.

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:42 pm

Javaki wrote:That's weird. Hayashida himself stated in this interview that it was Toriyama-sensei’s idea to bring Freeza back to life... :?:
Having seen this interview earlier today, judging by the incorrect information given, I would personally take those interviews with a huge grain of salt.

We all know it was Toriyama-Sensei's idea, as was the entire Story, and script.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:36 pm

I can't believe how much cooler Luffy looks in comparison to Goku in that image.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:44 pm

It is explained in the movie why both Goku and Vegeta were with new clothes?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?