Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FutureGohanSSJ2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by FutureGohanSSJ2 » Fri May 01, 2015 12:22 pm

I'll bet if half of Dragon Ball Z's themes came out in this day and age, y'all would say it "didn't fit Dragon Ball".

ShadowWolf87
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ShadowWolf87 » Fri May 01, 2015 12:29 pm

Doctor. wrote:
ShadowWolf87 wrote:>Something new related to this movie is out
>People still have to be as negative as possible over it

I don't know what I expected at this point.
Jesus, people are just expressing their opinion. What's with this ridiculous thought that people want to be negative over things?
The fact that they've demonstrated this pattern of behavior repeatedly throughout this thread unless and until they adjust to it.

Getting a tad predictable at this point.
"I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It’s when you know you’re licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what." - Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird (1960)

“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” - Nelson Mandela

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri May 01, 2015 12:33 pm

ShadowWolf87 wrote:The fact that they've demonstrated this pattern of behavior repeatedly throughout this thread unless and until they adjust to it.

Negativity isn't pleasant, but complete positivism doesn't help anything grow either.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri May 01, 2015 12:40 pm

Marco Polo wrote:I like how it's the theme song for the film about "the beginning of despair" and "the worst wish in history".
This is a interesting comment. In the end all these taglines were just for the hype, as always.
Toei still nailed the dark atmosphere though!

The song wouldn't fit in the movie , like F does, but for the credits its okay.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri May 01, 2015 12:45 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
Marco Polo wrote:I like how it's the theme song for the film about "the beginning of despair" and "the worst wish in history".
This is a interesting comment. In the end all these taglines were just for the hype, as always.
Toei still nailed the dark atmosphere though!

The song wouldn't fit in the movie , like F does, but for the credits its okay.
Agree'd, end credits are fine for the song, though I would not mind if some of the instrumental parts of the song were used in the film.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri May 01, 2015 1:04 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:I care, it was fun reading someone else's view point, someone thats simple and doesnt think too much about it and most importantly probably not a ''fanboy'' I might do this too with some of my friends lol
Different view points are welcome, but the minute someone doesn't like em, they're no longer welcome.:lol: I wonder how Sabat would survive the forums considering he hates Goku.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri May 01, 2015 1:47 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:I care, it was fun reading someone else's view point, someone thats simple and doesnt think too much about it and most importantly probably not a ''fanboy'' I might do this too with some of my friends lol
Different view points are welcome, but the minute someone doesn't like em, they're no longer welcome.:lol: I wonder how Sabat would survive the forums considering he hates Goku.
He does? When did he say that?

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Fri May 01, 2015 1:51 pm

Doctor. wrote:Negativity isn't pleasant, but complete positivism doesn't help anything grow either.
You're right. I don't disagree at all, but from a personal standpoint, it's pretty irritating when people parrot the same tired criticisms that have already been addressed, discussed, and even outright refuted to death before only to then turn around and play the victim ("It's just a different viewpoint! You just don't accept it!") every time the criticism itself is disputed. That's not very productive to the flow of the conversation nor is it a thoughtful response to the reply itself, not to mention it's little more than some half-baked attempt at changing the goalposts. I respect those who can dish out some criticism and at the same time be willing to discuss it as thoroughly as needed, but I don't have any time for people who engage in cheap tactics to get their points across.
Last edited by Marlowe89 on Fri May 01, 2015 1:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

radrappy
Beyond Newbie

Post by radrappy » Fri May 01, 2015 1:53 pm

Doctor. wrote:
ShadowWolf87 wrote:The fact that they've demonstrated this pattern of behavior repeatedly throughout this thread unless and until they adjust to it.

Negativity isn't pleasant, but complete positivism doesn't help anything grow either.
um what? So the people who whine constantly are helping the franchise grow somehow?

Constructive criticism is welcome. Abject negativity isn't. Know the difference.

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Fri May 01, 2015 1:54 pm

The song is ok but I don't really think it has any business being in Dragonball. The music video though was very entertaining.

I wonder why they aren't having Hironobu Kageyama doing the music though? He's kinda Mr Dragonball on the music side of things.
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri May 01, 2015 1:56 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
He does? When did he say that?
https://twitter.com/Chris24_Sabat/statu ... 5988586497

More concretely in some interviews I've watched he's said he hates Goku. Wouldn't want to see him here cause people would tell him "You just don't know Goku, you can't hate him ugh. It's laughable to hate Goku."

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri May 01, 2015 1:57 pm

Marlowe89 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:Negativity isn't pleasant, but complete positivism doesn't help anything grow either.
You're right. I don't disagree at all, but from a personal standpoint, it's pretty irritating when people parrot the same tired criticisms that have already been addressed and discussed to death before only to then turn around and play the victim ("It's just a different viewpoint! You just don't accept it!") every time the criticism itself is disputed. That's not very productive to the flow of the conversation nor is it a thoughtful response to the reply itself, not to mention it's little more than some half-baked attempt at changing the goalposts. I respect those who can dish out some criticism and at the same time be willing to discuss it as thoroughly as needed, but I don't have any time for people who engage in cheap tactics to get their points across.
That's the point though. People who actually do criticize the movie and are willing to discuss its flaws with those who believe otherwise are always being criticized themselves for promoting a toxic environment when I'm sure that's absolutely not what everyone wants. While I'm aware and I can understand that people are sick of others complaining about the same thing at this point, any time anyone says anything bad about anything anymore, they're instantly jumped on.

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Fri May 01, 2015 2:07 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Wouldn't want to see him here cause people would tell him "You just don't know Goku, you can't hate him ugh. It's laughable to hate Goku."
Or they'd just say that it helps his portrayal of Vegeta. This is what I mean about productivity in relation to a discussion, by the way - there is absolutely no need to put words in mouths that aren't yours.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri May 01, 2015 2:11 pm

Marlowe89 wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:Wouldn't want to see him here cause people would tell him "You just don't know Goku, you can't hate him ugh. It's laughable to hate Goku."
Or they'd just say that it helps his portrayal of Vegeta. This is what I mean about productivity in relation to a discussion, by the way - there is absolutely no need to put words in mouths that aren't yours.
He doesn't like Goku's character. He doesn't like the kind of person Goku is. But I'm sure people will tell him he can't think that cause there's too many logical reasons to like Goku over hate.
Doctor. wrote:That's the point though. People who actually do criticize the movie and are willing to discuss its flaws with those who believe otherwise are always being criticized themselves for promoting a toxic environment when I'm sure that's absolutely not what everyone wants. While I'm aware and I can understand that people are sick of others complaining about the same thing at this point, any time anyone says anything bad about anything anymore, they're instantly jumped on.
That really sums up this thread now entirely. Make one negative remark, and you are pounced on cause holy crap you don't support everything what is wrong with you?

radrappy
Beyond Newbie

Post by radrappy » Fri May 01, 2015 2:23 pm

dbzfan7 wrote: That really sums up this thread now entirely. Make one negative remark, and you are pounced on cause holy crap you don't support everything what is wrong with you?
I think if you scrolled through the 1000+ odd pages of this topic you would find that the only people who get "pounced on" are the ones who make 1 sentence posts about how much they hate something without bringing anything to the conversation. No one pounced on Kei or Ajay for stating negative impressions of the film.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri May 01, 2015 2:26 pm

radrappy wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote: That really sums up this thread now entirely. Make one negative remark, and you are pounced on cause holy crap you don't support everything what is wrong with you?
I think if you scrolled through the 1000+ odd pages of this topic you would find that the only people who get "pounced on" are the ones who make 1 sentence posts about how much they hate something without bringing anything to the conversation. No one pounced on Kei or Ajay for stating negative impressions of the film.
I won't say everyone is innocent or something like that, but I mean have a plot problem on whether you think something makes sense or not, and you're in big trouble. If something doesn't make sense for you and you don't like it, then you're considered wrong and an idiot for not accepting the plot point or theory someone makes. Also they're negative impressions were not as much grounded on story as I recall. I don't believe they said taboo words like "Freeza gaining 4 months of super power is dumb" or something like that. If they did, then they probably were chirped to hell and back.
Last edited by dbzfan7 on Fri May 01, 2015 2:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Fri May 01, 2015 2:27 pm

Doctor. wrote:
That's the point though. People who actually do criticize the movie and are willing to discuss its flaws with those who believe otherwise are always being criticized themselves for promoting a toxic environment when I'm sure that's absolutely not what everyone wants. While I'm aware and I can understand that people are sick of others complaining about the same thing at this point, any time anyone says anything bad about anything anymore, they're instantly jumped on.
Those people that actually do criticize had already been answered to without getting instantly jumped on. The one that's getting jumped on are people that ignores those post and continue and even try again to revive those discussion that had already been discussed about.
I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
Your weakness is your strength.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

radrappy
Beyond Newbie

Post by radrappy » Fri May 01, 2015 2:32 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
radrappy wrote:
I won't say everyone is innocent or something like that, but I mean have a plot problem on whether you think something makes sense or not, and you're in big trouble. If something doesn't make sense for you and you don't like it, then you're considered wrong and an idiot for not accepting the plot point or theory someone makes. Also they're negative impressions were not as much grounded on story as I recall. I don't believe they said taboo words like "Freeza gaining 4 months of super power is dumb" or something like that. If they did, then they probably were chirped to hell and back.
Can you see how saying "freeza gaining all that power in 4 months is dumb!" adds nothing and is not a jumping off point for meaningful discussion? These same people weren't placated by the explanations given so the whole thing is the conversational equivalent of beating one's head against a brick wall. That's not what most people are here for and it's not what I'm here for. If you want to rant about how bad you think the story is, please do it on your own blog.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Fri May 01, 2015 2:35 pm

Doctor. wrote:That's the point though. People who actually do criticize the movie and are willing to discuss its flaws with those who believe otherwise are always being criticized themselves for promoting a toxic environment when I'm sure that's absolutely not what everyone wants. While I'm aware and I can understand that people are sick of others complaining about the same thing at this point, any time anyone says anything bad about anything anymore, they're instantly jumped on.
They're jumped on because it's so rarely a rational viewpoint. It's an extreme reaction from reading a summary and watching some short cam clips. It's a reaction that entirely ignores the reasonably positive response from those who have actually seen the film in full. It often twists the words of reviews that speak to the film's structure into something that can be attributed to their in-universe criticisms.

Nobody has an issue with those going "Man, that sounds kinda shitty, I guess I'll have to see how it plays out in the film" because that's a totally rational way to react to something you haven't seen. It's utterly ridiculous to spout unwavering toxic nonsense without even a hint of wonder as to how it's really handled in the film. Nobody should be firm-footed in a viewpoint without having experienced the thing they supposedly hate.

If you despise the film having seen it, then that's fine, go ahead! Come back and give us your criticisms with some base and we'll all happily listen and have an informed debate. That's impossible to have at this stage. There's no worthwhile conversation to be had if everyone is throwing emotionally-riled nonsense at one another. So few acknowledge that they're arguing scenarios they've conjured in their heads from a few words on a page. It's no surprise that it gets so heated.

It really doesn't help that those doing this appear entirely blind to it; playing the victim or posting strawman rubbish as though it excuses their actions. Nobody cares that you have concerns about the plot, they care that you're posting about it in such a relentlessly negative manner. Is it really so hard to remain level-headed with your concerns?

I apologise for singling a user out, but it's these types of posts that rile people up:
Worthless one-liner posts that do nothing to open up debate and only serve to antagonise - joke or otherwise. It's the type of stuff that belongs on Twitter or Facebook.

I didn't join this wonderful forum to come across posts like that. It's not unreasonable to expect a shred of restraint and rationality prior to a film's release.

I don't love Revival of 'F' nor was I particularly on board with some of the concepts revealed prior to seeing it, but never once did I damn the film or call its creator into question. It was a couple of lines of restrained thoughts or ways I hoped things might play out. I don't think it's much to ask for others to react similarly until they've seen it. :thumbup:
Doctor. wrote: What exactly separates the accepted criticism those three get from the "toxic environment" the criticism this film gets apparently creates?
They're thoughts from people who have seen the film.
Last edited by Ajay on Fri May 01, 2015 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri May 01, 2015 2:36 pm

fexus wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
Those people that actually do criticize had already been answered to without getting instantly jumped on. The one that's getting jumped on are people that ignores those post and continue and even try again to revive those discussion that had already been discussed about.
How many times has GT been discussed and criticized? How many times has Evolution been discussed and criticized? What about Bio Broly? When those three subjects pop-up, nobody gets sick or even makes a point in saying that enough is enough and that nothing everyone ever says anymore will be something new. What exactly separates the accepted criticism those three get from the "toxic environment" the criticism this film gets apparently creates?