Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by TheGmGoken » Sat May 02, 2015 7:54 pm

1st Half of movie up until 1000000 Freeza Soilders vs Z Warriors sound awesome.

2nd half (10000000000 vs Z fighters) to the end sounds kinda lame and...boring quite frankly.

Still hype though :thumbup:

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat May 02, 2015 7:58 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Turns out Gohan really did lost Ultimate & SS2. Bulma told them to power-up to their max in order to call Goku, and Gohan merely turns into a Super Saiyan.
FUCK. ME.

The Gohan fanboys are gonna fucking lose it. :lol:

But this is nothing that one quick trip to the ROSAT can't fix. :P

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sat May 02, 2015 8:00 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Turns out Gohan really did lost Ultimate & SS2. Bulma told them to power-up to their max in order to call Goku, and Gohan merely turns into a Super Saiyan.
FUCK. ME.

Dude he was totally SS2.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat May 02, 2015 8:02 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
FUCK. ME.

I made my jokes, but hey that's just what he gets for being a side character. Those poor side line bastards :lol:.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Sat May 02, 2015 8:03 pm

How do you lose Super Saiyan 2? By being so weak/not having power enough to reach it?

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat May 02, 2015 8:07 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:So, after reading the summary:
Tagoma is the top-lieutenant, meaning that he is stronger than Shisami, and both of them are on Zarbon's & Dodoria's level (proven by 1st Form Freeza easily killing Tagoma), yet 4 months later, Piccolo has an even battle with Shisami, and Gohan has to become a Super Saiyan to end this quickly. I guess they are either too tired, or Shisami trained as well, and got massive gains in such a short time because he is a mutant as well.

The big problem here, is that Toriyama didn't bother to explain what kind of train they did. Gravity training can be the answer but they should have explained this.

Why doesn't Sorbet have any data on Goten & Trunks? And if the whole battle was kept a secret from them, how come they didn't sense the whole battle, or the evil ki from Freeza & his soldiers?
Forget it. Its just a excuse to explain their absence. They're sleeping with Buu and Yamcha.

Freeza remembers Bulma? Plot-hole...
Unfortunately yeah, unless we bring the fillers to the table...

Why can't Goku sense Beerus' & Whis' ki? He can sense Kami's, Kaio's, and Kaioshin's ki to use Shunkan Ido through them, but not through Beerus & Whis? Even ignoring this, Goku has absorbed the power of Super Saiyan God and made it his own, and we saw in BoG that he can also transform into a Super Saiyan God on his own... Toriyama fucked up the whole thing with the gods. :crazy:
Not really. They could be hiding their Ki.

Turns out Gohan really did lost Ultimate & SS2. Bulma told them to power-up to their max in order to call Goku, and Gohan merely turns into a Super Saiyan.
Not sure, about this. Gohan's hair is not much different from cell games. If so, ssj would barely change his hair and ssj2 would be like he is in the movie.
Of couse, Toei don't bothering to add the lightnings effects makes things harder.
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Sat May 02, 2015 8:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat May 02, 2015 8:10 pm

Marco Polo wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
FUCK. ME.

Dude he was totally SS2.
Not according to movie summary he wasn't

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat May 02, 2015 8:13 pm

Does Volume F contain any new information? Does it really say that Kame-sennin is the strongest Earthling?
dbzfan7 wrote:Apparently from what I read Gohan actually told Goten and Trunks not to show up. So that fixes an issue I had.
Only Herms' translation says that, while every other source (both of Kanzenshuu's summaries & other translations of the manga chapter) state that Gohan just didn't tell them about it... so, I guess Herms mistranslated this line.
Bulma has also never seen Freeza either. They never met at all. Apparently Sorbet who Freeza met is less memorable, than a woman he's never seen before. Perhaps they went of anime logic...but I don't know if they met in the anime. Does Ghost Freeza in the Hatchiyack special remake count? Probably not.
They never met in the anime. Even in PtEtSS, they never meet each other directly.
Well I don't remember from what I read if they did power up...but if so yeah Gohan slacked of sooooo bad somehow that he lost two forms in the span of 2 years. From like 12 years he was fine ala Battle of Gods...but now he suddenly can't. Again this one I need a little more clarification on.
The manga adaptations shows him as a Super Saiyan, and I doubt they did that one differently in the movie, or we would have known it, wouldn't we?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat May 02, 2015 8:34 pm

I have to admit, Freeza knowing Bulma is an almighty asspull. My guess it that Toriyama's mind, when Mecha Freeza arrived on Earth, he very briefly got a glimpse all the Z-Fighters before Future Trunks arrived. Of course, this never happened. But for what we know, this may be how Toriyama recalls how the scenario went down. I really think he needs the re-read the manga before he does anything major with Dragon Ball Super, because plotholes like that are not gonna fly with me.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sat May 02, 2015 8:42 pm

It's worth noting that Volume 'F' does have a foreword from Toriyama that talks about how he, as the original creator, has the freedom to avoid worrying about consistencies and changing things from the past.

It's hard to know what's accidental and what's Toriyama exercising this right, I guess.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Abel Taylor
Beyond Newbie

Post by Abel Taylor » Sat May 02, 2015 8:43 pm

Herms wrote:
radrappy wrote:yeah! The first thing he says after he transforms is that he choose gold because it was a color Goku would be familiar with.
He only says that he picked the color to make the transformation "easy to understand", actually. Which I guess you could interpret as him thinking "Goku turns gold when he transforms, so I'll turn gold when I transform too, since that's the color Goku associates with transformations". But he doesn't come right out and say it. It also implies that otherwise his new "evolution" would have just consisted of him getting a gazillion times stronger but not actually looking any different. A bit like Ultimate Gohan dying his hair blonde.

Oh, and the detailed summary's up now.
Him getting that strong without changing would have been cool too.
Hi! My name's Abel, and I'm pretty awesome.
VegettoEX wrote: Abel is pretty awesome.
SaiyaJedi wrote: Abel is the best contributor to this forum ever! He's the true Julian #1
Herms wrote: Abel is so awesome that I forgot how to speak Japanese.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sat May 02, 2015 8:45 pm

Didn't Freeza and Bulma met when he came to Earth as Android Freeza?

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sat May 02, 2015 8:48 pm

Marco Polo wrote:Didn't Freeza and Bulma met when he came to Earth as Android Freeza?
No. Unless you mean indirectly in the Future timeline where's there's a chance they met.

Dyno
Banned

Post by Dyno » Sat May 02, 2015 8:48 pm

Marco Polo wrote:Didn't Freeza and Bulma met when he came to Earth as Android Freeza?
No. Bulma was far away from Freeza, she even "asks" how the others can see him if Freeza is so far.

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Sat May 02, 2015 9:41 pm

How did gohan lose his ultimate state in one year?Plus he went 7 years of no training and had no issues going ssj2 then he went 5 years without going mystic form and again he had no issues,but now suddenly in 1 year he loses it all.Sounds like crappy writing to downplay gohan to me.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat May 02, 2015 9:51 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Doctor. wrote:Did Goku try to spare Freeza again? C'moooooooooooon, I thought he learned to kill when he needed to.
Well Goku did say Freeza would make a good ally or something to that effect., not at all surprising.
He said Freeza would make a good rival if he werent evil and all, while fighting, Goku asked Freeza to leave 2x, 1st was when Freeza gold was winning he said "you should leave now while u think u won" and the 2nd time when he stomps Freeza due to stamina issues "I wont say anything else, leave now!" there's another one but I dont consider it as asking him to leave, he tells Freeza "are you sure you want me to transform? you might lose your will to fight me"

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat May 02, 2015 9:55 pm

Shisami lands on the battlefield near Piccolo, who has just taken out a few of the last remaining soldiers with kiai, and challenges the Namekian. Piccolo rushes at him, throwing a massive punch, but Shisami deflects it. The two exchange a volley of blows, but Shisami quickly gains the upper hand and sends Piccolo flying with a punch to the face. Piccolo flies up into the air, just dodging Shisami’s ki blast, and returns fire with a Makankōsappō. Piccolo thinks he got him, but Shisami suddenly appears behind Piccolo, hitting him in the neck before he can react.

As the crowd of soldiers thins, Gohan notices that Piccolo is still having an even battle with Shisami. Gohan steps in, telling Piccolo to leave it to him, and then removes his glasses. Freeza is shocked to see Gohan transform into a Super Saiyan, as Gohan rushes forward and makes quick work of Shisami with a single punch to the stomach. While Sorbet is horrified, Freeza says you can’t know how truly fearsome a Super Saiyan is until you see one in person. But to think that even Son Goku’s son had become one as well…
So Shisami never K.O Piccolo? :shock:

Man I want to see this scene so bad, how long is it? A minute?

radrappy
Beyond Newbie

Post by radrappy » Sat May 02, 2015 10:09 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:1st Half of movie up until 1000000 Freeza Soilders vs Z Warriors sound awesome.

2nd half (10000000000 vs Z fighters) to the end sounds kinda lame and...boring quite frankly.

Still hype though :thumbup:

I'm not going to lie, even though I loved the film it's the 1st half that really shines. Freeza is scary, the film is funny, and roshi&co absolutely come off as badasses. There is some serious action fatigue entering the last 1/3 of the film but its still very exciting.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sat May 02, 2015 10:30 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Does Volume F contain any new information? Does it really say that Kame-sennin is the strongest Earthling?
Volume F does has a quote from Toriyama saying Kame-sennin could have been as strong as he is in the film if he had put his mind to it. The internet turned that into "Kame-sennin is the strongest Earthling" because it's the internet.
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
Apparently from what I read Gohan actually told Goten and Trunks not to show up. So that fixes an issue I had.
Only Herms' translation says that, while every other source (both of Kanzenshuu's summaries & other translations of the manga chapter) state that Gohan just didn't tell them about it... so, I guess Herms mistranslated this line.
Yeah, the actual line is that Bulma ordered Gohan not to tell Goten and Trunks. Sorry for the confusion. The script features a note from Toriyama saying they didn't tell Mister Satan what was up either, since they figured he wouldn't be any help.
FortuneSSJ wrote:Tagoma is the top-lieutenant, meaning that he is stronger than Shisami
The script refers to Shisami as the strongest in Freeza's army. For that matter, it only ever really refers to Tagoma as Sorbet's "bodyguard".
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Sat May 02, 2015 10:32 pm

Good job at Kanzenshuu for making that very detailed summary.

So, now I know that the 1000 army is all the soldiers Freeza have now. :lol:

Sorbet introduce both Tagoma and Shisami as his top lieutenants. :thumbup:
I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
Your weakness is your strength.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol: