"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:44 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:Image

Anyone see this?
Yes, I just mentioned it :P

Not sure if that text below it is new, though.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:51 pm

It doesn't seem nearly as horrendous in high quality, but I do still wish "DRAGON BALL" had its own font.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:52 pm

Which part of the text is new? The blue portion? I haven't been regularly checking in on this site, actually. ^^;
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:56 pm

Got rid of the background on it.

chizzielamer
Not-So-Newbie

Post by chizzielamer » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:05 pm

alright!! More vauge artwork and teasers with no hints at the upcoming series whatsoever! Just what we all need. :lol:

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:07 pm

There's always Tuesday (I say this with no confidence, yet still having hope somehow). Tuesday was good for updates a few weeks in a row semi-recently.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

RealtreeByGod
Beyond Newbie

Post by RealtreeByGod » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:40 pm

Is everyone STILL going on about the logo?

What the fuck is wrong with y'all?

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:46 pm

That logo seems dangerous:
Sleeping until the tournament is over.

Demon of Light
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Demon of Light » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:18 am

You could definitely kill a man with how sharp that logo is. :P

Toei's being so secretive about everything we're left fighting over a logo, I don't know if that's brilliant or incredibly stupid.

MagicBox
Advanced Regular

Post by MagicBox » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:44 am

RealtreeByGod wrote:Is everyone STILL going on about the logo? What the fuck is wrong with y'all?
You'd rather read another 160 pages of "So, uh, does this take place after the epilogue?"

I fail to see what's wrong with this topic. Somehow, everyone managed to generate nearly 200 pages of "discussion" from a vague announcement of "Hey, new show! Akira Toriyama! Masako Nozawa!" We finally have something about this series to discuss. I'm quite enjoying hearing what people think of the art, font, potential marketing strategies, and layout of this logo.

For the record, I'm getting used to it, but I still think it's extremely lazy and I don't like that it only brings Dragon Ball Z to mind.
"Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:06 am

RealtreeByGod wrote:Is everyone STILL going on about the logo?

What the fuck is wrong with y'all?
There's nothing wrong here. No one is hurting anything by discussing the logo. But comments like this certainly don't help anyone.

It's only been a day since the logo was revealed, and only a matter of hours since it was confirmed and revealed in high quality. Not everyone checks this thread or the main website 50 times a day either, so it shouldn't be a surprise that new comments will keep popping up.
-Rachel

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:46 am

Lapis wrote: and won't suffer from inconsistencies or plot holes.
Hey, this is Toriyama we're talking about, while he may invent genius characters and an exiting story, there will always be inconsistencies and plot holes since he always forgets things.

NeoKING
Advanced Regular

Post by NeoKING » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:12 am

Yikes, so that is the official logo? Huh, should've had Toriyama do it. Did a pretty good job with GT's logo.

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:17 am

Wow, I guess they really wanted to keep the association as close to the branding of Z as possible... Or, more than likely, as far away from Kai as possible.
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:08 am

I'm hoping V-Jump leaks next Monday, which isn't completely out of the realms of possibility, leaks can occur 4-5 days early.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:03 am

DBZ_Lee wrote:I'm hoping V-Jump leaks next Monday, which isn't completely out of the realms of possibility, leaks can occur 4-5 days early.
V-Jump releases on the 21st every month and next Monday is only the 15th. Realistically we should expect it in the 2-3 day range, but DB content from the magazine has been leaking earlier than that because the news isn't just about games anymore. Honestly, I think Tuesday would be more likely (go figure, because Tuesday is always news day anymore).

Though it could drop on Monday if Mike records a podcast. News always drops right after they record for a podcast, so that he has to go back and splice the info in (if it's big enough). :lol:
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:18 am

Every new product we've gotten is hated by this "fanbase" so you shouldn't be surprised about this.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:53 am

sintzu wrote:
Every new product we've gotten is hated by this "fanbase" so you shouldn't be surprised about this.
Do you mean Battle of Gods, that the majority of this community enjoyed? Or Resurrection F, that the people who've ACTUALLY seen it seem to have enjoyed, for the most part, as well? Could you elaborate on that?

From your post, it sounds like you're okay with the logo. I'd be open to reading what could there be to like about this logo, aside from the "Super" stylized kanji. The rest is just the DBZ logo.
It's just two different logos, with two different styles, that definitely clash.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

DisapprovingOwl
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DisapprovingOwl » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:54 am

Here's an isolated version of the official logo at the largest size that's currently available, with less jagged edges than the one posted above:

Hopefully this should be good enough quality to scale down for use on the main site once a guide page for Dragon Ball Super is added, assuming a higher-quality version doesn't turn up in the meantime.

Interestingly enough, while removing the background I noticed that the 'black' portions of the logo are actually be a very dark red. Not sure if it's some sort of conversion artifact or if the designer goofed - it's so close to black that I doubt it's intentional as it's unnoticable without looking closely. Found it interesting, anyway. Enjoy! = )

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:56 am

sintzu wrote:
As Rachel already explained: it's been a single day since the logo was revealed. There's literally nothing else at all that's been revealed that people can discuss. This is the "Official Announcement" thread/discussion - there are plenty of other places people have the wild speculation running around. If you're interested in that, knock yourselves out; if you're not, no-one's holding a gun to your head forcing you to read or discuss anything in particular.

There is no problem here other than your comments, both of which I've quoted above and are 100% perfect examples of comments we don't want or need here.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::