"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:25 pm

Cold Skin wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote: I want to see Goten grow up and go on dates like in GT.
So that he can lose his chemistry with Trunks like in GT, with the two of them being shown hanging around mostly during one of the ending credits and that's it?
No thanks, let the boys live their JD-Turk Scrubs-like bromance while they still can, we need a few more years of that since we only had the one Boo saga to enjoy their "supreme friends" duo, with nobody else superseeding each other in each other's minds for now.
Goten and Trunks had EXCELLENT chemistry in EoZ and GT.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=trHh_4entfE(Better than any Vegeta and Goku interaction)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CeOsAQ3gQrw(Awesome)

And I never said they couldn't hang out now did I? I said let Goten grow up and go on dates(presumably protecting his girlfriend From danger). That's all. Goten can still be in a bromance with Trunks. Goten and Trunks can still be the dynamic duo! They can even go on double dates! Date the same girl! All that jazz. Fight together! Fuse together! Train! Everything. So no. Goten growing up would not endanger his and Trunks natural chemistry. I have no idea why you think that. When it's such a wrong statement.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:27 pm

^ It was done fine in the epilogue, no question about that.
But not in GT with Trunks being away in space and never fused with his friend! Oh, but showing Goten on a date was fine. It was really sacrificing one for the other one.
Last edited by Cold Skin on Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:27 pm

Cold Skin wrote:
So that he can lose his chemistry with Trunks like in GT, with the two of them being shown hanging around mostly during one of the ending credits and that's it?
No thanks, let the boys live their JD-Turk Scrubs-like bromance while they still can, we need a few more years of that since we only had the one Boo saga to enjoy their "supreme friends" duo, with nobody else superseeding each other in each other's minds for now.
We don't need a single more day of kid Goten/Trunks, it's been milked and exploited to death for 20 years beginning from Buu saga, endless video games, 2008 special and BOG. I can't how understand how a fan of a DB series, that was defined by progression, growth and passing time, suddenly just wants to get stuck in the same period forever with endless recycling old tired cliches & tropes.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:40 pm

Cold Skin wrote:^ It was done fine in the epilogue, no question about that.
But not in GT with Trunks being away in space and never fused with his friend! Oh, but showing Goten on a date was fine. It was really sacrificing one for the other one.
It was done fine in GT when they was on screen together. Yes showing Goten living life outside of 1 person is fine. Just like Trunks having a job was fine too. They don't have to be with each other 24/7. And when they are with each otherother... It's fucking awesome! Every single fucking time. Goten and Trunks murders it! They're freaking PerfectPerfect. Cell is jealous. Just wish the trailer shown them grown up.
Basaku wrote:
Cold Skin wrote:
We don't need a single more day of kid Goten/Trunks, .
I think a few more movies and episodes will do. Gotta make up for lost time since Toriyama dedecided not for them to appear in RF.

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:44 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
But not in GT with Trunks being away in space and never fused with his friend! Oh, but showing Goten on a date was fine. It as really sacrificing one for the other one.
It was done fine in GT when they was on screen together.
But they shared like two scenes in GT and barely talked to each other.
Last edited by Araki on Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Basaku

Post by Basaku » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:45 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:Gotta make up for lost time since Toriyama dedecided not for them to appear in RF.
If they appeared as kids in ROF again then it would be just as much waste of time anyway. What's the point of seeing them doing exactly the same thing they've been doing since 20 years yet again, it's beyond tired at this point.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:46 pm

If the stories and characters are good then why does it matter if it takes place before EOZ ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:49 pm

sintzu wrote:If the stories and characters are good then why does it matter if it takes place before EOZ ?
It doesn't. But they won't be good.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:50 pm

sintzu wrote:If the stories and characters are good then why does it matter if it takes place before EOZ ?
Because there is no tension OR progression. It's tedious, it's not fun, it's the same thing being rehashed again. It's not a new series, it's more of Z.

BlackCatScott
Regular

Post by BlackCatScott » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:50 pm

It doesn't.

People just want something to nitpick at, instead of just appreciating that we're getting new Dragon Ball content and that's an awesome thing. If people don't like what they see, nobody is forcing them to watch it.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:51 pm

Because fans apparently like moaning at everything, it is becoming tiresome. If a 15 seconds video is sparking off like this, God help us when an actual episode drops!

edit:
Doctor. wrote:Because there is no tension OR progression. It's tedious, it's not fun, it's the same thing being rehashed again. It's not a new series, it's more of Z.
Last time I checked Goku and Vegeta becoming Gods was progression...

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:54 pm

Araki wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:
But not in GT with Trunks being away in space and never fused with his friend! Oh, but showing Goten on a date was fine. It as really sacrificing one for the other one.
It was done fine in GT when they was on screen together.
But they shared like two scenes in GT and barely talked to each other.
And those few scenes were the best parts of GT.
Kinda want to see people grow up like the other 3 series did.
BlackCatScott wrote:
It doesn't.

People just want something to nitpick at, instead of just appreciating that we're getting new Dragon Ball content and that's an awesome thing. If people don't like what they see, nobody is forcing them to watch it.
Dragonball itself isn't that awesome. So honestly while a new series is nice. It's not the hottest thing and not really excited. It's just Dragonball. Better things out there.

I replied here http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... tart=27300 @ Basaku
Last edited by TheGmGoken on Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:56 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Last time I checked Goku and Vegeta becoming Gods was progression...
Gods are nothing new to the Dragon Ball franchise, they've been there since the end of the Piccolo Daimao arc and they've never been anything impressive.

You could literally rephrase that to "Goku and Vegeta becoming stronger" and it would have the same result because that's what really happened. Characters getting stronger is nothing new.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:00 pm

Rocketman wrote:It doesn't. But they won't be good.
How do you know ?
Doctor. wrote: Because there is no tension OR progression.

It's tedious, it's not fun,

it's the same thing being rehashed again.

It's not a new series, it's more of Z.
Goku&Vegeta getting new power ups and forms isn't progression ? and what do you mean by there won't be any tension ?

How do you know it'll be tedious and not fun when you haven't seen it ?

We know NOTHING about it yet you're saying it's a rehash ?

What else would it be ?

Low Tone G

Post by Low Tone G » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:03 pm

\

Because other villains after Freeza in R[F] would ruin the statement as the 10 was predominant peaceful. We might accept as Beerus and Golden Freeza were episodic trouble makers as they caused problems which were solved in a single day, but villains coming out of nowhere when Goku should train with Goten and get bored of lack of challenges it isn't easy to accept. Toriyama should invent stories after EOZ. I don't mind if some gag episodes will cover the 10 years period, but the true villain should appear after EoZ in my opinion.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:04 pm

It doesn't matter. There may not be as much tension as if the series were to begin after EOZ, but that doesn't mean we can't get any good or enjoyable stories. The 2008 OVA and BOG prove this.

Rukura

Post by Rukura » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:04 pm

BlackCatScott wrote:
It doesn't.

I'll give you an example brought to you by Toei: Saint Seiya - Soul of Gold. That's all-new Saint Seiya, with my favorite Gold Saint as the main character...but they're shoehorning it into the pre-existing continuity (EXACTLY as is being done here).
I really like Saint Seiya and I'm bored out of my mind after 5 episodes. I already know the end-game. I know what has to happen, and the few twists do not make me care. /off-topic

Personally, I'm afraid of the possibility of that happening with Dragon Ball Super.
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:06 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:If a 15 seconds video is sparking off like this, God help us when an actual episode drops!
Like I said before it'll get hated on for every small or big thing that it does.

It's hard to believe that the most hate the franchise gets is on the #1 site for it,everywhere else I go fans are happy we're getting new content yet here of all places is where people aren't.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:06 pm

SSJGBGoku wrote:I think this place post-(Yo Son Goku and his friends return) because :

1) Goku is a radish farmer in special and wore different clothes, in trailer he wore same clothes as special and was in middle of farm, Goten wore same clothes he wore in special and Satan (I think) wore same clothes too, and last, Krillin had same look he had in special (Krillin was shown in end).

I think after first few episodes, series will be after BoF/FnF because by the end, Vegeta (I guess) he wore same armor with Whis's insignia .
Why'd Beerus and Whis be there, then?

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:06 pm

Basaku wrote:
Cold Skin wrote:
We don't need a single more day of kid Goten/Trunks, it's been milked and exploited to death for 20 years beginning from Buu saga, endless video games, 2008 special and BOG. I can't how understand how a fan of a DB series, that was defined by progression, growth and passing time, suddenly just wants to get stuck in the same period forever with endless recycling old tired cliches & tropes.
You just talked truth Basaku, it's ridiculous, Fans were proud of DB's sense of progresion, watching the characters grow, HECK even get old, we claimed it was awesome growing up alonside Goku and see him get a family. Now fucking Naruto has more progression in in that he freaking has children and the story keeps up with the new generation, it could have gone prequel bullshit but it didn't as as much as current naruto is not what it was, it took a better approach than db.

but like I said, DB fans were proud of db because of the progression and passing of time, now they suddenly are content being locked in time, stripped of what made dbz awesome.
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.