Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection '

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:25 pm

I know this forum is against piracy, but somehow I just stumbled across the full-length movie posted on YouTube by a Spanish-speaking uploader. I was under the impression that the DVD of the movie hasn't been released anywhere in the world yet. Or am I missing something? :problem:
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:29 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:I know this forum is against piracy, but somehow I just stumbled across the full-length movie posted on YouTube by a Spanish-speaking uploader. I was under the impression that the DVD of the movie hasn't been released anywhere in the world yet. Or am I missing something? :problem:
It's a cam rip like the others.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:47 am

Madman realized how far they should spread the release of F. NT gets it. I will thank my pestering of their Facebook page for that. I have about a dozen friends that will come see it. Any word whether this will be in Australian theaters just one day or longer?
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:10 am

NintendoBlaze53 wrote:Madman realized how far they should spread the release of F. NT gets it. I will thank my pestering of their Facebook page for that. I have about a dozen friends that will come see it. Any word whether this will be in Australian theaters just one day or longer?
Well from what I've seen from theatre websites such as Hoyts and Event Cinemas it looks like it varies with theatres. Hoyts are showing it for a week, Event Cinemas are showing it for 4 days (In English dub 2D & 3D and in original Japanese dub). Village Cinemas haven't revealed for how long they're showing it for but it'll be released in both 2D and 3D (English dub). I've seen some independent theatres showing it for two weeks!

http://www.madman.com.au/catalogue/view ... rection-f- lists 49 theatres across the country that are showing the film. Battle of Gods was only shown in 12 theatres across the country for 1-4 days (depending on the theatre). Madman have really gone all out with this one.

Hell, there might even be more theatres that just haven't been listed yet. Keep checking the link above or http://dragonballz.com.au/cinemas for where they're showing the film. I wouldn't be surprised if the film also gets encore screenings.

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:19 pm

Just saw the movie thanks to YouTube. It speeds through its own material really fast. Their is no time to breathe, its blow after blow. I have mixed feelings about it. Jaco was superb! And Son Gohan was a total badass, I don't know why folks hate on him. He had zero trouble with Freeza's goons, zero trouble! Unfortunately Freeza was stronger.
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:25 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:
DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:I know this forum is against piracy, but somehow I just stumbled across the full-length movie posted on YouTube by a Spanish-speaking uploader. I was under the impression that the DVD of the movie hasn't been released anywhere in the world yet. Or am I missing something? :problem:
It's a cam rip like the others.
I couldn't help but laugh when I noticed that the movie had already been out in Japan for some time, and it hadn't been leaked (at least, not entirely) yet there was a cam rip of the Mexican dub less than a week after the premiere in Latin America.
I'm a webcomic artist! Check out http://tapastic.com/series/Hearts

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:43 pm

So the Fandango page for the movie has a couple of different trailers, one being a 30 second spot that has a few new lines that I don't think we've heard elsewhere yet: http://www.fandango.com/dragonballz:res ... ieoverview
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:50 pm

They need to get a move on with announcing some release dates for the movie in Europe.

France? Italy? Spain? Germany? UK? Russia?

ShinGaijin
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShinGaijin » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:06 am

"Freeza Force" announcement from FUNimation, region unlocked https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ8EcLvyJm8
WTF is that...seriously ? They're nuts ! :lol:

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:21 am

ShinGaijin wrote:"Freeza Force" announcement from FUNimation, region unlocked https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ8EcLvyJm8
That is some of the weirdest/coolest marketing campaigns I've ever seen. I absolutely love it.

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:34 am

ShinGaijin wrote:"Freeza Force" announcement from FUNimation, region unlocked https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ8EcLvyJm8
Now that was pretty funny I gotta admit. :lol:
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

Valerius Dover

Post by Valerius Dover » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:00 am

This is the best trailer I've ever seen, hands down! :lol:
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:19 am

Everyone should call the number shown in the video. There's a fun little pre-recorded message. It's not much, just telling you to go to FriezaForce.com. :P
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

theoriginalbilis

Post by theoriginalbilis » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:39 am

I finally figured out what FUNimation succeeds far and beyond where Toei fails... the marketing on this has been really damn impressive. I'm excited to see what kind of marketing they'll do for DB Super...
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:37 am

That Freeza force stuff is hilarious. Kill the simian recolour bastards oh mighty Lord Freeza.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:43 am

Is there anyone here who watched the English dub premier? If so, do you know who did the voices for Shisami and Tagoma?

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:10 am

Bullza wrote:They need to get a move on with announcing some release dates for the movie in Europe.

France? Italy? Spain? Germany? UK? Russia?
In Spain, it'll be around November. I don't remember the exact date, but it was announced by the distributor around two months ago.
I'm a webcomic artist! Check out http://tapastic.com/series/Hearts

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:24 am

I also have a question for those who saw the premiere: what terms did they use for Kuririn and Piccolo's attacks? Did they use Kienzan and Makankosappo or the dub terms? We know Tenshinhan was given Tri-Beam instead of Kikoho, but Kai did that too so it was expected.
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:42 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Is there anyone here who watched the English dub premier? If so, do you know who did the voices for Shisami and Tagoma?
OmegaRockman wrote:I also have a question for those who saw the premiere: what terms did they use for Kuririn and Piccolo's attacks? Did they use Kienzan and Makankosappo or the dub terms? We know Tenshinhan was given Tri-Beam instead of Kikoho, but Kai did that too so it was expected.
Has the English dub of the movie premiered?
As far as I know only the World premiere of the movie with the original dubbing(japanese) has taken place in the US.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:47 am

The dub version premiered yesterday at a second red carpet event.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)