Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

medama_oyaji
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Z 2015 Film

Post by medama_oyaji » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:12 am

Actually a continuation of BoG, and no mention of originally intending this story for the manga. That makes more sense to me!

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:12 am

PhoenixEX wrote:What is this "10 years epilogue" I keep reading about? I've been a little out of the loop recently.
They're talking about the last few chapters of Dragon Ball, when the story skips ahead 10 years into the future, where Goku now has a granddaughter (Pan), and he leaves to train Oob.
Last edited by Gaffer Tape on Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 5/27/24!)
Current Episode: Kuririn the Plot Device - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 4

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:13 am

PhoenixEX wrote:What is this "10 years epilogue" I keep reading about? I've been a little out of the loop recently.
Also, another movie? Sweet! More from the world of Dragon Ball is always welcome in my book.
It refers to the 10 year gap between the defeat of Majin Buu and the final chapters of the Manga.

Gaaaaaah, I'm still getting my head around all of this. I'm so shocked that Dragonball is being fast tracked ahead of the next One Piece movie, which I was sure was going to come at least a few months beforehand. This 2015 release date is a whole year ahead of what I was expecting, I wasn't even expecting the next One Piece film to come out until late next year. I really hope that this means that they're not just trying to rush this film out of the door...
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

PhoenixEX
Regular

Post by PhoenixEX » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:23 am

Ooh right! Aha thanks guys.
I'm hoping that Vegeta gets to go SSJG this time around. Or who knows, Goku might go SSJG2 or something. I mean, he has to get stronger to beat Bills right? What better way than a new transformation.
Who knows what Toriyama has in store for us.
One World. 🌐 🕊

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:28 am

He had intended to have this story during his manga's original serialization.
HOLY SHIT.

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN, CHOO-CHOO!

...Alright, now that I've calmed down(somewhat)...this is very exciting! I wonder what the story could be, to have Toriyama so excited about it.

EDIT: Not related...but does anyone remember when we were gonna get a Naruto movie this year?
Last edited by Big Momma on Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:35 am

Blade wrote:I'm so shocked that Dragonball is being fast tracked ahead of the next One Piece movie.
With BOG making 70% of what one piece film z made and more then twice as much as naruto road to ninja without an ongoing anime and manga shows how big dragon ball is compared to them and other series so i can't say i'm surprised it's getting a sequel before a new one piece movie

Another thing is dragon ball is a worldwide series compared to other series which for the most part are only popular in japan
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Vegard Aune
Advanced Regular

Post by Vegard Aune » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:47 am

You know, the other day I was thinking about what sort of stuff I would want from a new DBZ-movie... Being that we now know we are getting one, I feel like listing the stuff I came up with.
- Give us a villain who is dangerous for reasons other than just being insanely powerful. Like, say, have someone who is technically weaker than the Saiyans but has some sort of "Saiyan Kryptonite" that makes them unable to fight him or something, for example.
- Make the villain someone who, like the artificial humans or Beers, can't be sensed by our heroes.
- Make the plot more complex than just "There's this powerful dude, let's fight him!" Or if you're going down that route, try and flesh it out a bit like in say DBZ movie 8 or 13 or (to a certain extent) Battle of Gods... Just, I want some buildup before the fight, okay? Just watching Goku and some bland generic doomsday-villain duke it out for an hour gets kinda boring. Like, how about to follow up on what I said earlier about them not being able to sense him, a significant portion of the movie consists of just finding the bad guy while his henchmen wreak havoc on the world or something?

...So yeah, in short, I want a DBZ movie that actually feels like a movie. Battle of Gods kinda got this down in some aspects, but even for a largely comedic film, the tone was perhaps a little too light. Like, while having an antagonist who wasn't necessarily evil was a neat approach too, it did result in the movie basically having no tension. So in that regard I think I'd like a more serious bad guy. Or at least something like Janemba or Boo, who is both an immediate threat and extremely silly at the same time.

Oh yeah, and overall better animation-quality, please.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:49 am

I’m drawing the design illustrations for the new character

So, we got get more Gods?

Him getting praised by his old 'hard to please' editor has made me very excited!

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:51 am

This is all so exciting, can you imagine how people will be eager to see the Jump magazine every single week now, hoping there's even just a little tiny bit of info?
The thread for Battle of Gods will soon reach 900 pages, how many pages will this one be with Toriyama's heavy involvement already known to be praised by a never-satisfied editor?

We'll have some exciting times here until May, perhaps new elements every months, and when the time comes, every single week will be like a waterfall of new hints, interviews, screenshots, samples, trailers... And you'll just be under that huge waterfall, having all of this coming to you to quench your thurst and tame your impatience.
Big Momma wrote:
He had intended to have this story during his manga's original serialization.
HOLY SHIT.

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN, CHOO-CHOO!

...Alright, now that I've calmed down(somewhat)...this is very exciting! I wonder what the story could be, to have Toriyama so excited about it.

EDIT: Not related...but does anyone remember when we were gonna get a Naruto movie this year?
Ouch, sorry to break the news to you, but this is not true.
Kei has confirmed it and now you have Toriyama's translation on Kanzenshuu. He didn't intend to have that story during the manga's original run, he simply invented it as if the manga was still being published, much like he did with Battle of Gods.
This is not some "lost story", it's a brand-new one he just made up for this next movie.

Careless Saiyajin
Regular

Post by Careless Saiyajin » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:54 am

So excited to hit the floor running with another new story continuing off probably after battle of gods maybe 3 years later perhaps? Very interested regardless, lots of hype!

SSJ3_Zack
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ3_Zack » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:05 am

I'd like to see a female villain, we didn't get too many in the series. I can only think of #18, Colonel Violet and Mai (Not counting Zangya due to her being a movie character only).

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:06 am

...THIS WAS SERIOUSLY THE MOST AMAZING NEWS TO WAKE UP AND FIND. AHHHHHHHH.

Okay, breathe Gyt, breathe. If you fall and hit your head you might not get to see the movie ever. *uses a brown paper bag to calm self* ...Okay. I'm good. I think. AAHHH- well, as good as can be at any rate.

Joking aside, I really am BEYOND ecstatic at the notion of another movie so quickly. The fact that Toriyama is just as, if not more, involved than he was for the previous film has me excited, not to mention that even one of his editors - one of the ones that was hardest on him - is praising it. Come to think of it, did any of his editors ever comment on Battle of Gods at all?

I'm also kind of glad the 'originally planned for the manga' bit has been debunked, because as cool as that would be, it would make it pretty hard to figure out what the heck it was gonna be about and how it was going to fit along with everything else. I do hope that, if they feel the need to put ANOTHER story in the ten year gap between Boo's defeat and the end of the series, that this is the last time. I know Toriyama himself doesn't think there's as much to do with the older versions of the characters at the end of the series proper, but dammit, that's where the most fertile ground is! Well, outside of going back to DB's timeframe, but let's face it, that's probably never gonna happen.

And now I can go back to not being able to sleep half the time because I'm sitting there wondering what new info may have come out that I'm missing at that exact moment. Though that's nothing compared to what the staff is gonna have to put up with. :P
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:10 am

kei17 wrote:Thanks to SaiyaJedi, now you can read a complete English translation of Toriyama's comment: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2014/07/15/v- ... velopment/
So it will be a BoGs sequel. That's awesome to hear!

BlackCatScott
Regular

Post by BlackCatScott » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:11 am

Wonder what the chances are of us getting better animation this time round? I mean, the animation in Battle of Gods was great at times but there were some instances where the CG was so blatantly obvious which was a bit poor. I'm nitpicking here, I know.

Just wondered whether due to the success of Battle of Gods whether they'd give this one a bit of a better budget to get to the levels of animation that, lets say, One Piece Film Z received? I would love that.

AnimeMaakuo
Advanced Regular

Post by AnimeMaakuo » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:14 am

PhoenixEX wrote:Ooh right! Aha thanks guys.
I'm hoping that Vegeta gets to go SSJG this time around. Or who knows, Goku might go SSJG2 or something. I mean, he has to get stronger to beat Bills right? What better way than a new transformation.
Who knows what Toriyama has in store for us.
That sounds extremely boring. "Goku must be stronger! We need MOARR transformations! MOARR action! SSJG6!" This is part of the reason why I don't take these new movies seriously.
My YouTube

Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:17 am

I could see Vegeta getting Super Saiyan God, but I don't think we'll be seeing any more forms for Goku (at least, I hope not). He barely tapped into the Super Saiyan God form in the last movie, so it's fully possible to have Goku continue to get stronger without throwing in another form.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:19 am

It does seem likely that this movie will be centered around Vegeta as Mr. Toriyama clearly said that in the next movie he'd like the MC to be Vegeta. I hope we're also introduced to some other Gods of Destruction.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:29 am

I was hoping for a new series, but you know what, this is good to.

Have my fingers crossed for new female characters!

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:38 am

I Wonder, if this will be advertised as the 30th anniversary movie.

The best part of Toriyama's statement is that he has promised more action. That alone means it will probably be much better than BoG.

MagicBox
Advanced Regular

Post by MagicBox » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:43 am

Well, I've had a chance to sleep since hearing the news. And FUNimation still hasn't dubbed this? What's taking them so long?

I'm glad it'll be a sequel to "Battle Of Gods." I still hope we get a movie that takes place in-between DB and DBZ one day, but for now I think it's best for them to continue with the stuff they established in the first film. There was too much world-building in the 2013 movie for them to just drop it.
Kid Buu wrote:Did you know Vegeta creates Saibaman to do the house work for him (they explode before Bulma comes home and Vegeta takes credit for it)?
This is part of my head-canon now.
"Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs