DB Kai: The Movie

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:32 am

I would enjoy a new, animated, DB movie. :3 Infact, I'd take almost anything. Using Kai as a reason to make a new movie sounds like a good idea; the cast isn't getting any younger you know, Toei.

I know they could pull off something really amazing if they actually get it together and work on it. @_@
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:33 am

A new movie would be amazing. And I think it's very possible. Kai's doing good in the ratings department. Give us a movie with new animation, Toei!

Eddie
Advanced Regular

Post by Eddie » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:31 am

Y'know, I really like the idea of a Kaioshin story. The origin of Buu has a lot of potential, and this could also be a perfect opportunity to actually use the Makaioshin.

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:09 am

Kendamu wrote:I'd rather just see some action-packed throw-away movie like DBZ Movie 2.
This. Movie 2 is my absolute favorite and I would love if they did another in it's style.
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:27 am

Eddie wrote:Y'know, I really like the idea of a Kaioshin story. The origin of Buu has a lot of potential, and this could also be a perfect opportunity to actually use the Makaioshin.
Yeah. The origin of Shin-Jin and Makaioshin would definitely be the most original for DB movie, although I'd rather fast-action movie like in Movie 9.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

ssgOverlord
Patreon Supporter

Post by ssgOverlord » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:43 pm

Dragonball Kai Evolution: The Animated Adaption!!

...I'd like an action packed throwaway movie, like others said. It's more simple and enjoyable if they can simply think of a reason for the characters to fight, and they fight.

Heck, turn the Cross Epoch into a movie or OVA and flesh it out, if they want. I'd just like to see some sort of new animated feature from Toei that's longer than a minute or two.
I think I'll be buying assorted Dragon Ball things for the rest of my life.

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:55 pm

Origin of Buu or Freeza backstory would be great. Hell, more Saiyajin backstory would be awesome as well if they do it right.

Yet, I expect SSJ3 Broli vs. SSJ3 Gohan in the next feature :lol:

snaku
Regular

Post by snaku » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:04 pm

Considering how amazingly well DBK is doing in the ratings, it's only a matter of time before Toei makes a new movie. They'd be stupid not to. But they really do need to strike while the iron is hot. I'd be immeasurably surprised if a film isn't being worked on as we speak.

It'll probably be set outside of continuity like the previous DBZ films, and it wouldn't be surprising in the least if Broly was involved.

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:20 pm

I am going further and say if they indeed do another movie it will be far too stupid to not included Brolly since in today's days all Dragonball games gave, for whatever reason, an enourmous focalization on Brolly.

Tamagon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Tamagon » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:02 pm

If they do It'll probably be about SSJ3 Broly.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:17 am

snaku wrote:Considering how amazingly well DBK is doing in the ratings, it's only a matter of time before Toei makes a new movie. They'd be stupid not to. But they really do need to strike while the iron is hot. I'd be immeasurably surprised if a film isn't being worked on as we speak.

It'll probably be set outside of continuity like the previous DBZ films, and it wouldn't be surprising in the least if Broly was involved.

I would adore it if Toei was working on a new DB movie right this moment.
I really hope you're right.

And I wouldn't mind Brolli at all if he were in it, I just really want a new animated movie.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

obiwan23s
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by obiwan23s » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:59 am

fps_anth wrote:Origin of Buu or Freeza backstory would be great. Hell, more Saiyajin backstory would be awesome as well if they do it right.

Yet, I expect SSJ3 Broli vs. SSJ3 Gohan in the next feature :lol:
More like Ginyu Force origin story. That'd be the bee's knees.

IncompetentOverlord
Beyond Newbie

Post by IncompetentOverlord » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:28 am

You know what I want? Pilaf backstory. No fucking joke. I really want to know about stuff like how he met Mai and Shu. Also, why the FUCK is he blue
Stuff I Know About: Hellsing, Detective Conan, Macross, GaoGaiGar, Cowboy Bebop, Black Lagoon, Kaiji, Hetalia, Fullmetal Alchemist, Captain Harlock, Digimon, Berserk, Dragon Ball, One Piece, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Yu Yu Hakusho, Cyborg 009, Lupin III, Ultimate Muscle/Kinnikuman, Discworld, Avatar: The Last Airbender, TMNT, Futurama, Invader Zim, South Park, Sandman, Marvel, DC, Scott Pilgrim, Star Wars, Godzilla, Doctor Who, Super Sentai, Kamen Rider, Kingdom Hearts, and Sonic the Hedgehog

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:16 am

Why a movie, you have bunch of Z movies already and Kai is nothing other then Z series...... Maybe some short festival feature?
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:25 pm

No more friggin' Brolli.

I'd rather see something involving more hereto unseen members of the Freeza family- Uncle Frostee. Aunt Brisque. Queen Chilla. Their dog, Zero- before I saw another Brolli movie.

I say, do a movie about the Farmer With The Shotgun. His birth, his training as a farmer, his tragic death at the hand of Raditz, his journey into the afterlife to receive special training to farm Hell.

That, or an entire movie about Mr. Satan's rise to prominence and his later adventures with Buu.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:05 pm

I obviously would like to have a more organized story of the Saiyans past, but also the creation of Buu, demise of Kaioshin, life of Shin-jins, backstory to Freezer's organization members, including himself and the story of Nameks before the disaster and "Piccolo" on Earth. All this could be neatly put in a short OVA series, think Rurouni Kenshin's "Recollection".

Also another small OVA series could cover the years after Goku left with Uub and why not merge it with Neko Majin Z? Have Z wake up from a long ass slumber (like, before any of the Z-Warriors were even born) and Goku training him and Uub (like the Turtle style of having 2 students at a time), and then go on to Neko Majin Z's adventures, a bit altered of course as to avoid the giant plot-hole of Vegeta still working for Freezer. Have Onyu Tokusentai being sent to Earth as Kuriza's minions. This could be like Rurouni Kenshin's "Time".

As for an actual movie, I wouldn't mind another Broly movie, this time with Super Saiyajin 3 transformation for him and Vegeta, some fight and then when him and Goku realize they can't win cuz Broly is a notch stronger than both of them, they fuse to create Super Saiyajin 3 Gogeta. That would be nice. I would prefer Vegetto, but I don't see him appearing ever again.

Either that or a complete new movie with a new villain/villains, which could have some connection to past villains (like Abo and Cado) or maybe no connection at all, brand spanking new!

Well, that's just my opinion on this matter. I still dream about those OVA's that shall never surface because Toriyama, admit it or not, is a lazy git.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:25 pm

Mr. Satan and Boo's wacky misadventure.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:49 pm

The DragonBall Kai movies should all be re-animated versions of the TV sagas like they did with "Path To Power".
Mr. Satan and Boo's wacky misadventure.
It would be cool if they did those shorts in the begining of the movies like they do with Pokemon. "Mr.Satan and Boo's Wacky Misadventues" would be awesome as a short.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:39 am

I want an animated adaptation of Vegeta's Cooking Hell.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:12 am

Herms wrote:I want an animated adaptation of Vegeta's Cooking Hell.
I would adore this. X3

I've seen lots of attempts for it (my favorite being one that includes all the named saiyajin characters from the series--including Tabaru) but a fully animated one would be wonderful.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!