Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #2 Thread: "Super Hero"

Post by ChronoTwigger » Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:50 pm

It will be a mild movie with low expectances, also made to test what audience will think of a 3d approach.
Not all DB movies require to be masterpieces, some can (and should) be franchise fillers.

I don't dislike the art and seems quite similar to a Toriyama comic "popping out" than an old DBZ VHS on steroids.

I sincerely hope they will keep out most of the DB and DBS continuity, most of the 'epic' fights and, by the title, they'll do something more like a meta-narration of Goku as "the hero" and what it does mean.
A good Superman (or Spiderman?) movie, in fact. Maybe Goku will be not even there most of the time, appearing as a rethoric figure. It will be very interesting.

That's obviously what I'll do. They'll do something for kids again and goodbye XD.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:03 am

So there's talks of a "mystery character" that they haven't revealed yet. This isn't including those two unknown characters we saw a few weeks back with those keychains (which I'm betting are Goten and Trunks grown up). When presale tickets go up in Japan people will get a pamphlet of the movie's main visual and on the other side will be an artwork of that mystery character. Any guesses who it might be?

A lot of people are guessing it's Cell. It kinda makes sense. Gohan's the protagonist, the RR Army are involved, Dr Hedo's name is similar to Dr Gero. If it does end up being Cell, I hope it's like a new version of him and not just the exact same character. They could call him Cell 2.0 or something.

The fact that they're keeping it a surprise makes me think that it's some kind of legacy character that the fandom already knows. I would love it if it turned out to be Android 21.

KentMan
Banned

Post by KentMan » Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:07 am

capsulecorp wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:31 pm
KentMan wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:31 am
sangofe wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:59 am
Is there a survey saying that? Is there data for this claim? It's wrong to assume this is the reason without data. I can say for me it's another reason. And that's the game looking 3D.
When they’re was that big reveal as to what this movie might be they’re was not a whole lot praise or hype. Even with Gohan in it is just pure fanservice and most guys who wanted to move on with the story. Feel like this would have been better off as a OVA.
At least in this thread, a lot of people do seem excited for this movie, like myself. Let's avoid making these kinds of "meta comments" about what other people are thinking or feeling, it's not helpful and not interesting.
I’ve seen this thread since the beginning and certain individuals were not looking forward to this in this same thread. That being said the film hasn’t come out yet so who knows how it might turn out?

KentMan
Banned

Post by KentMan » Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:43 am

Gt91 wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:13 am The true villan could be ...
Didn’t see no Cell or a gamma one

Zinnia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zinnia » Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:10 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:03 am I would love it if it turned out to be Android 21.
I for one don't want to see 21 in the movie, because she's being shilled in every new DB game to the point it's gotten annoying.
It doesn't help that none of these games ever develop her character, but she's just there because of her popularity in the fandom.

PurestEvil
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PurestEvil » Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:47 am

Zinnia wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:10 am
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:03 am I would love it if it turned out to be Android 21.
I for one don't want to see 21 in the movie, because she's being shilled in every new DB game to the point it's gotten annoying.
It doesn't help that none of these games ever develop her character, but she's just there because of her popularity in the fandom.
She's popular because she's a sex machine
This post was brought to you by 魔族

Rest in Peace, Toriyama-san

capsulecorp
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by capsulecorp » Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:26 pm

KentMan wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:07 am I’ve seen this thread since the beginning and certain individuals were not looking forward to this in this same thread. That being said the film hasn’t come out yet so who knows how it might turn out?
That's true, and its totally fair! However, the claim I'm reacting to is "people are not excited". There certainly are people that are excited. There are also people that are not excited, because people are different :D

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:18 pm

Hmm the new scientist looks like Jaguar from Bio Broly so maybe there was some inspiration for the story taken from it. Maybe the new RR army found some of Cell's DNA and recreated him like Broly. It would probably be quicker than having to gather all the DNA from the different Z fighters again. It could just be an image from one of the games and has nothing to do with the movie though.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:19 pm

KentMan wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:43 am
Didn’t see no Cell or a gamma one
The first scan is about the movie and the heroes game.
The second is from that scan and shows him.
Of couse we don't know if it's related or not but it could be a hint.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:29 pm

There's also the Cell Games Arena on the right of the same page. It more than likely means nothing except an androids theme. I'm sure all the Z androids will be referenced one way or the other, though I doubt Cell will be back.

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:55 pm

It's very unlikley that the card range will stop to Gohan, Piccolo and basic Goku. So that's a proxy selection that spoil nothing. That Cell is the default one from the core game.

The only thing you can say for sure now is that Gohan and Piccolo will star in a meaningfull battle in the movie.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:11 pm

It would be a helluva surprise if it happens, but I doubt something so big as Cell coming back would be kept so close to the chest when we are less than two months away from the premiere.

Certainly some kind of marketing about it would've taken place, I'd think. Specially when this movie has no hype at all, it seems more like it's coming out in april 2023, than 2022.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:48 pm

Cell returning seems a bit farfetched at the moment. I agree with Koitsukai, I feel like we'd already know about something like that by now. I mean, we knew about Gogeta's appearance in DBS Broly quite a bit before that movie premiered, and I think a live appearance by Cell would have the same kind of magnitude. It's the perfect April Fools prank though, or at least it might be depending on what we'll know by then. Who knows, maybe the stuff at the Battle Hour event will have a huge reveal that turns everything upside down... or maybe not. We'll just have to wait and see what they've got in store for us.

To be fair, this CG approach would be perfect for Cell, considering that it means animators wouldn't have to draw all his spots over and over, they'd just be part of his model. Not that that proves anything, obviously.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:51 pm

I personally hope that Cell is not back, at least not the one we know. But at this point, would anyone really be surprised? I don't buy it yet, but who knows.
ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:03 am
MisteryOne wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:35 am
Mr_CINDER wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:31 am They are only focusing about video games and it seems this movie is secondary, Unfortunate that they barely even promoted this movie. I'm really concerned to see how this plays out
Alruneia wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:45 pm I hope they're planning on actually showing off a bit of new content at the event. I was thinking about it earlier after seeing yet another new Sonic 2 trailer (a movie that also comes out in April), about how little we've actually seen of DBSSH compared to how close we are to its release. If we still don't get to see much new stuff this time either, then I might start wondering if they don't have too much confidence in the movie and are trying to release it quietly or something. Obviously this would just be me going off of a feeling, just some personal perception, but I hope that's not gonna be the case.
The Broly movie really felt like constant ad spamming comparaded to this movie, at least on my eyes. I'm surprised we know so little of it too. Hell they outright spoiled Gogeta last time without any apparent hesitation.

I really hope that if the movie does badly -which I doubt, but still- they don't think it's because of having a different type of story for once and not because of their own bad marketing.

How exactly does this movie give you the vibes of a different type of story ?
It's a movie supposedly focused on slice-of-life scenes (said by themselves) to the point that we get to see Piccolo's house. It focuses on other characters that are not Goku and Vegeta, and there is not the constant, by now repetite-yet understandable- constant powercreep that comes with every villain. As much as I love the Granolah arc, this is the complete opposite of it in a lot of aspects and that seems different enough if you ask me. At least compared to the other Super-related content, and specially, most Dragonball movies overall.

Just compare it to Broly, where we had a movie focused exclusively on Goku/Vegeta, with fusions, constant power ups and tons of fighting. They have literally said they are going to the opposite direction to Broly as well (trough I am not sure if I understand what they mean by this film being "pop" compared to the "space opera" of Broly). The overall feeling is a lot more cartoonish. One of the main antagonists (Gamma 2) seems even comedic as well.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:35 pm

A return of Cell would be interesting. I'd love to see Wakamoto and the others acting that kind of scenario.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

KentMan
Banned

Post by KentMan » Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:39 pm

capsulecorp wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:26 pm
KentMan wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:07 am I’ve seen this thread since the beginning and certain individuals were not looking forward to this in this same thread. That being said the film hasn’t come out yet so who knows how it might turn out?
That's true, and its totally fair! However, the claim I'm reacting to is "people are not excited". There certainly are people that are excited. There are also people that are not excited, because people are different :D
So true I wouldn’t worry about it after hearing some rumors regarding about Granolah and Super hero. I can say that I’m actually interested in seeing how this will turn out.

Nevaeh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nevaeh » Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:06 pm

I'd bet on a Gamma fusion being the secret character

Cell makes no sense from a business standpoint. The likes of Satan and Krillin were more popular than him back when his arc was ongoing. The Japanese didn't care about him then, I doubt they do now

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:24 pm

Gamma 1 and 2 are going to fuse into a stronger, more sinister threat.

Why am I so certain? Colour theory that's why!

The colour scheme for Gamma 1 and 2 are red and blue respectively, these are pretty common primary colours for Superheroes to wear (Spider-Man, Superman, Captain America etc).

But when you fuse red and blue together you get purple, and purple is a secondary colour, associated with Supervillains/evil characters (Freeza, Thanos, Magneto etc).

Now keep in mind that the Hero the scientist idolises and cosplays as has a purple colour scheme!

One of the mystery characters is going to be a fusion of the two Gamma Androids with a purple colour scheme.

Also Fun Fact: Gamma Gamma = Γ Γ = r r = Red Ribbon

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:54 pm

The new hidden character is likely SSj Pan. They probably want her to be the new hero of the film by finishing off Gama 1 & 2.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/