Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:00 pm

Maybe it's just my sadistic side, but seeing comments about how it would 'ruin' the movie and such and so forth, really makes me want to hear Linda Young in the role again. It really, really does.

It'll be Ayres no doubt though - I figure the 'consistency' with Z for Battle of Gods, at least in-so-far as the flashback stuff, was more of a 'hey, we need audio for this stuff, wouldn't it be cool if it happened to be the old Z voices'? If they'd been shooting for consistency more than anything else, then they'd have called in Vollmer for Bulma.

(I really am curious to hear how she'd sound with the more competent direction Sabat gives nowadays though, I can't lie/joke that far.)
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

shinmaru
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shinmaru » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:01 pm

Goku got a new symbol on his chest maybe that means he got a new sensei(master), bills maybe?
And I'm 100 percent sure that this Is a start for a new series.

ChahikoDBZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ChahikoDBZ » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:02 pm

Chuquita wrote:Farfetched theory; Goku has magenta lighting behind him; Vegeta has blue lighting behind him; Vegeta gets ssjg with blue hair. Image
I also agree with this right here. That wouldn't be too farfetched. That'd actually make quite a bit of sense.
(Fanfiction link coming soon.)

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:02 pm

Chuquita wrote:Still not 100% sure how I want to abbreviate this movie's title. I'm leaning towards FF though.
Battle of Gods became BOG, so Revival of F(reeza) is ROF in my book for the time being.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:04 pm

Now that it's sunk in that this is real: I'd just like to say that I legitimately thought this was fake when I first saw it. A part of me still thinks that it is.
Still not 100% sure how I want to abbreviate this movie's title. I'm leaning towards FF though.
Movie 15.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

BlackCatScott
Regular

Post by BlackCatScott » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:06 pm

shinmaru wrote:Goku got a new symbol on his chest maybe that means he got a new sensei(master), bills maybe?
And I'm 100 percent sure that this Is a start for a new series.
Not sure whether this has been mentioned, but perhaps it's Whis?

Beerus did say that his own teacher was Whis, so wouldn't it make more sense for Goku to go to him for training?

And I don't know, I can just picture that more.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:16 pm

Oh, hey, Gohan is in a track suit. Maybe he teaches PE at a school?
She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:18 pm

Oh god, I didn't know about this song. Now I understand the title.
I demand this to be the credits song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EM2fRGHuuc#t=84
Hellspawn28 wrote:I'm going to bet that Freeza is going to mistaken Kid Trunks (or Teen Trunks by now) as Future Trunks. It could go something like this:
Freeza: "YOU!! I remember you! You're the guy that killed me!"
Trunks "Sorry you must mistaken me for someone else Mister."
Like Broly with Goten?! Well, Toriyama said the movie even though more serious, would still be hilarious.
I can see that joke happen.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:20 pm

Goku's new symbol looks like a half-drawn leaf symbol from Naruto. Subtle acknowledgement of the ending of a fellow shounen giant?

I don't know what to make of it. It's like if two-year-old Pan had a marker and made her best attempt at drawing a circle on granddad's clothes.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:22 pm

It is a strange symbol. Since it's something made-up, it's even harder to theorize.

Also, "Uncle" Freeza:
https://twitter.com/tkgsize/status/534363353146081280
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:23 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Oh god, I didn't know about this song. Now I understand the title.
I demand this to be the credits song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EM2fRGHuuc#t=84

Have you not seen DBZ Abridged. As soon as I heard it, I googled it and downloaded it. It's amazing. Not even into death, metal, rock... whatever it is.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Stonefallow

Post by Stonefallow » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:24 pm

Beerus is supposed to be asleep for 3 years. If Whis has nothing to do I could see him willing to train Goku and Vegeta.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:25 pm

DarkPrince_92 wrote: Have you not seen DBZ Abridged. As soon as I heard it, I googled it and downloaded it. It's amazing. Not even into death, metal, rock... whatever it is.
They used this one?! I didn't pay attention then.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

InfernalVegito
Advanced Regular

Post by InfernalVegito » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:26 pm

Vegeta looks so oddly young, exuding a certain vibe reminiscent of Tarble.
BT3 off meds | The final fight

Ah, the Alpha and the Omega. As all life was created from Chaos...so shall it be DESTROYED!!!

The wails of machines | Singing cold harmony | Shifting air upward | Entranced by the breeze | Light pours like blood | Into a cosmic sea | Of stars crystallized | In a frozen symphony

Vegetto kicking you into orbit theme

singsing
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by singsing » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:30 pm

Ignoring all plot implications, am I the only one who thinks that this poster looks awesome? Like, the artwork is spot on, it seems so simplistic, and the colors definitely show how this film will be a "darker" vibe.

Ryuman
Regular

Post by Ryuman » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:32 pm

singsing wrote:Ignoring all plot implications, am I the only one who thinks that this poster looks awesome? Like, the artwork is spot on, it seems so simplistic, and the colors definitely show how this film will be a "darker" vibe.
Better than a lot of recent artworks IMO.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:36 pm

I like the organization of everyone on FF's poster better than on BOG's too. The layout's just more appealing to me this time around.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:40 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
DarkPrince_92 wrote: Have you not seen DBZ Abridged. As soon as I heard it, I googled it and downloaded it. It's amazing. Not even into death, metal, rock... whatever it is.
They used this one?! I didn't pay attention then.
It was his scouter ringtone. :lol:

Such a good song, and like DarkPrince_92 said I'm also not into death metal.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:43 pm

Chuquita wrote:Farfetched theory; Goku has magenta lighting behind him; Vegeta has blue lighting behind him; Vegeta gets ssjg with blue hair. Image
I know there was a ton of random information from magazines and such, so not sure where to look for the source, but didn't Toriyama say somewhere that Super Saiyan God is always red? I feel like it was brought up somewhere in this massive thread...

I do hope Veggie gets some kind of nice power up, whether it's God form or something unique to him. I also would like if his new armor incorporates his family's royal symbol. Always liked it, wish it was used more (though I guess Vegeta's just lucky Bulma didn't slap a Capsule Corp logo on it...she sure loves putting those everywhere, even on #16 after repairing him!)
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:45 pm

Stonefallow wrote:Beerus is supposed to be asleep for 3 years. If Whis has nothing to do I could see him willing to train Goku and Vegeta.
That would be great to see actually. Seeing Whis train Goku and Vegeta, hell maybe even the other fighters as well! Would make sense for Krillin's shaved head.

Oh god I swear I could have seen someone call Beerus, Bills. :evil:

I'm willing to bet Whis wakes Beerus early.

I really hope Vegeta has blue hair. Poster does seem to hint at it.