Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread

Post by Chuquita » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:46 pm

sailorspazz wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Farfetched theory; Goku has magenta lighting behind him; Vegeta has blue lighting behind him; Vegeta gets ssjg with blue hair. Image
I know there was a ton of random information from magazines and such, so not sure where to look for the source, but didn't Toriyama say somewhere that Super Saiyan God is always red? I feel like it was brought up somewhere in this massive thread...

I do hope Veggie gets some kind of nice power up, whether it's God form or something unique to him. I also would like if his new armor incorporates his family's royal symbol. Always liked it, wish it was used more (though I guess Vegeta's just lucky Bulma didn't slap a Capsule Corp logo on it...she sure loves putting those everywhere, even on #16 after repairing him!)
I don't know if the hair color was mentioned; I'd just like to have variety in power up colors after all the blondes (though ssj4 does have color variation).
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:48 pm

I really hope when Funi dubs the movie in 2016 won't use Linda Young as Freeza and will stick with Chris Ayres for now on. I really don't want Old Lady Freeza voice back.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:48 pm

Yeah I hope they don't make Vegeta's SSJ God blue, we don't need that Power Rangers crap.

JamesOwnz
Beyond Newbie

Post by JamesOwnz » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:51 pm

Really hope we get a redesign on Trunks and Goten this time around.

They are older, much older then the end of the Buu Arc.. it was something that bothered me much in BoG.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:53 pm

Ssjg is not power rangers/sentai. Ginyu Force is sentai. Saiyaman is sentai.
And ssj4 does variety, though subtle. The sameness of ssj 1-3 just bored me after a while.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:55 pm

Blue is the color that fits Vegeta best. Blue is the warmest color.

But if they fused, which color should they have?! Purple is horrible.
Red hair and blue aura or vice versa?!
A double color hair like Gotenks?! (not bad this one)

They would only look like power rangers if any saiyan became ssj god and have a different color.

2:46 If its blue, than this scene would become foreshadowing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPkjp3cWgLQ
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:04 pm

I'm always gonna bring this up, but Ryo Horikawa would like SSJ God Vegeta to have blue hair if he did exist. Asked him personally while showing Menkyon's pictures.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

GsTvo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by GsTvo » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:32 pm

JamesOwnz wrote:Really hope we get a redesign on Trunks and Goten this time around.

They are older, much older then the end of the Buu Arc.. it was something that bothered me much in BoG.
Sadly BOG make them (Goten and Trunks) looks even younger than when Boo dies:
If I don't know anything about DBZ, I definitely say that the first image shows a younger Goten than the second image.

But I hope at least a chanche of hair in Resurrection.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:43 pm

It's mostly just art style. The newer stuff has typically been wider and less angular than where we left the series at with Buu.
It's the same reason Goten actually looks a bit older than Goku during the beginning of Dragon Ball, even though that's far from being the case.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:44 pm

I wouldn't say he's younger. I'd say Toriyama just drew him the way he drew him... and that was it.

EDIT: Beat to the punch.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:59 pm

I love how some people say reviving Frieza is an awful and "fanfictiony" idea. This sort of thing happens ALL THE TIME in American comics, and what it always comes down to is execution. Him getting a God boost is, potentially, a great idea, as long as it's executed well and not just some, "5 unpure characters give him their energy" sort of thing.

I'm actually shocked over the mixed reaction this is getting because I always visualized and hoped for the return of Frieza as a central threat. I mean, this is a series that constantly has characters revived. Considering his relevance and vast intergalactic army, you would think it'd be a matter of time before he'd be resurrected. Again, it all comes down to how they handle his character and how well the story plays out. He has so much potential, and is actually a fresh of breath air compared to yet another new villain being introduced who is somehow more powerful than Goku and co.

Also, Frieza being mentioned in specials does not count as him returning. His appearances in GT, Fusion Reborn, and those Hell scenes in the anime are not canon. Lastly, him appearing in flashbacks and prequels does not count either. This is his first real, official/canon comeback after his death by Trunks. It's a big deal. This isn't Broly, Cell, Buu, etc. It's the villain that indirectly led Goku to Earth, held Vegeta in bondage, and killed all the Saiyans.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:02 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:It's mostly just art style. The newer stuff has typically been wider and less angular than where we left the series at with Buu.
It's the same reason Goten actually looks a bit older than Goku during the beginning of Dragon Ball, even though that's far from being the case.
I thought he looked older because he's half Saiyan and doesn't maintain his youth as long as Goku did.

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:02 pm

The more I think about it the more excited I get about it being Freeza who's coming back, and the more excited I get about the movie, and I don't really know why! :lol:

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:08 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:I thought he looked older because he's half Saiyan and doesn't maintain his youth as long as Goku did.
That's obviously not the case. Goku was a midget until at least age 15 (depends on when the growth spurt happened with Kami), while Goten is apparently in the exact same boat. He's only 11 in BOG and still roughly the same size. He very well could still be short in ROF too, as he'll only be 14 if it takes place 3 years later as was maybe hinted at the end of BOG.

Gohan on the other hand? He's the weird one for now.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:10 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:I thought he looked older because he's half Saiyan and doesn't maintain his youth as long as Goku did.
That's obviously not the case. Goku was a midget until at least age 15 (depends on when the growth spurt happened with Kami), while Goten is apparently in the exact same boat. He's only 11 in BOG and still roughly the same size. He very well could still be short in ROF too, as he'll only be 14 if it takes place 3 years later as was maybe hinted at the end of BOG.

Gohan on the other hand? He's the weird one for now.
Future Trunks wasn't Goten levels of tiny when he was 13-14 years old.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:11 pm

Frieza is the reason I got into Dbz back as a kid I'm glad to see him back. It would have been easy to create a new character if AT can bring Frieza back and get praise for it where in for a real treat here.

bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by bleed0range » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:12 pm

This all sounds really exciting to me. I'm betting that the hint at a new transformation is referring to Frieza. I bet he found a new form beyond his perfect form that allows him to keep up with even Beerus. I bet Beerus carches wind if this once he is revived and can't even defeat this new form. Maybe it's sort of like how Goku found SSJ3 in other world. I just hope it's something really good.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:15 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:Future Trunks wasn't Goten levels of tiny when he was 13-14 years old.
With the timeline tampering, Future Trunks may not technically be the exact same genetic kid as present Trunks either. He may have gotten the same kinda genes Gohan did.

This is Toriyama we're talking about afterall. The same man who has Namekian enzymes for water and tails being a recessive trait. It wouldn't surprise me if he told us they weren't the same Trunks, be still are practically identical because of *insert pseudo-science here*. (Perhaps Vegeta hadn't obtained Super Saiyan by the time Future Trunks was conceived, while present Vegeta had? Seems Toriyama enough.)
Last edited by TheDevilsCorpse on Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:17 pm

To me Future Trunks and Gohan were human dominant hybrids and Goten and present Trunks were saiyan dominant.

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

Post by CashmanX » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:20 pm

Once the news cycle goes into full swing, there needs to be a sequel to this BOG ad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvpaIVv-CfA :lol:
olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump