Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread

Post by sailorspazz » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:07 am

The 3D thing makes me nervous, since the visual effects in many anime don't look great. Often when CGI is used it sticks out like a sore thumb (there were parts of Battle of Gods that suddenly looked like a video game!). Would rather they stick to 2D and make it look seamless instead of use the budget on fancy effects.
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

Babbu
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Babbu » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:20 am

The symbol on Goku's gi is what I am most interested in right now

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:26 am

That Koala soldier, isn't that a Neko Majin in his disguise, callin himself Sorbet??!
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

freezamite
Banned

Post by freezamite » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:34 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:
Goku, Gohan, Vegeta, Gotenks, Piccolo and Buu are all wayyyy stronger than Freeza.
Don't forget Kibitoshin, Trunks, Goten, 17, and 18. Possibly 16 too, if that wish brought him back at the end of the Cell arc.
Not in the manga. Trunks and Goten never get to Perfect Cell levels of strength despite them being so strong as kids, Kibitoshin is worthless and since the Babidy space-ship sub-saga Kaiohshin couldn't even fight against first form Freezer (or 4th form, the weakest one, if we count them in the right order) and 17,18 and 16 were never close to Freezer's level (and their power doesn't increase with the time, they're androids not fighters).

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:44 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:
New idea. This movie should be really short and consist entirely of this:
I fully support this idea. Maybe I'll just watch this when the movie airs.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

JackyBoi99
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by JackyBoi99 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:48 am

So Furiza and the original super saiyajin god are being revived?

Also, I hope vegeta's god transformation is blue. :thumbup:
It is clear that sometime in Mark Satan's life, he acquired the dragon balls and called upon shenlong to grant him immortality.

98% of Kanzenshuu-goers have not kissed a girl. If you're one of the 2% that has, copy and paste this into your signature.
- Kid Buu

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:11 am

Why would Vegeta or anyone else who gets the form have anything other then red ?
Last edited by sintzu on Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Low Tone G » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:17 am

My thoughts and theories on the plot, the characters and the endig of this story:

1.For the man to be in green to be Gohan or Goten: It makes more sense that it's Gohan because these characters are the ones(excluding Beerus and Whis) who fought against Frieza on Namek. Still I really believe that it's Goten. Gohan may be started his career to be scintist and doesn't bother himself of training. The character on the poster seems for me to be Goten, because of his hairstyle and the fact that he is that close suitable for traning. And we can see how angry Goten is, I will reveal my point why is that later.

2. Theories how can Frieza compete with Goku, possibly God Vegeta, Beerus and Whis:

I can imagine three possibilities:
A. The time Frieza was dead and didn't get reincarnated made him simply a God after resurrection becuase of weird law of the Hell.(this the most unlikely, but still the easiest way to give him potent power)
B. Maybe the process of becomeing God still has some sort of muliplier, but it only muliplies the base strength, so Frieza can be stronger than our heroes and possibly on par with Beerus or Whis, because his 4th form is his Base. Beerus stated Goku wasn't as strong as Frieza in Base, so Frieza can become a stronger God than Goku and Co. For the way for Frieza to be given the Godhood: Maybe his henchmen already figured out how to, or he simply steals Goku's God power and makes his own.
C. Even if it wasn't mentioned that in trailer that Shenlon grants only 1 single wish, it would be that he ca grat three so Shenlon will make Frieza a God, by telling him how to, here's my theory: Maybe a Frieza from an other universe comes to universe 7 and finds these loyal soldiers Sorbet and Tagoma orders them to resurrect his conterpart from our universe, because if they meet each other that become one and become a God in the same time. That would definitely mean that thses universes are alternate timelines.
D. Or people from other universes come to universe 7 who are the race of Frieza, and will grant him Godhood to rule over every single universe.

For the the B. variant is the best to imagine.

On the plot:

After BOG Goku realizes that nothing and no one can make him stronger as a God, so decides to leave Earth for Beerus' homeworld to ask Whis to train him along with Beerus(to be fair), who is up after his 3 years nap. Pan and Bra are littles children on Earth. Goku already had trained with Goten to make him stronger. Trunks also trained with Vegeta. Then Sorbet and Tagoma come to Earth to find Dragon Balls and manage to resurrect their master, Frieza, who is seaking for his revenge against Saiyans. By now Trunks And Goten as teenagers. The two soldiers already were very well informed what went on on the Earth by the time when Beerus was there. So they knew that Goku is now a God and figure out something for their master to steal Goku's God power and give to their master(Goku is stronger than he was in BOG). So they will trick Goku and take away his God power and give their master. Now Frieza eventually prepair himself for revenge and actually meets Trunks and kills him as an instant(because he remembers Trunks was the one to kill him - by the way it was Future Trunks). Goten will become mad, and tells Vegeta about that. Vegeta realises that he must do something and becomes a God with the help of fimself, Gohan, Goten, Pan, Bra, and finally Tarble, becuase Goku isn't there. Vegeta will face Frieza, but Frieza wants Goku, Goku eventually senses Frieza as a God and comes back to Earth bit he will be tricked by the soldiers. Frieza is a monster, so Beerus and Whis will get involved. The battle is so fierce that opens a gate for others universes so Frieza will end up a prisoner of another universe. This will be the end. So we can wait for the third movie. :P
Last edited by Low Tone G on Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:37 am

I kinda get the feeling that the plot will be straight-forward, like BOG, even though I really don't want it to be. I'm sure Toriyama will throw in some curve-balls and twists, but I'm really scared the movie'll be like:
Remnants of Freeza's army come to Earth. They find out about the Dragon Balls and revive Freeza. Freeza receives a power-up. Everyone fights Freeza and the new characters.

Of course, it is more than likely that this'll be the core of it, but I'm sure there'll be more fluff around the edges. BOG strayed away from the traditional formula just enough to feel different, but I want Freeza to have an actual plan, like he tries to rebuild his army or something. I guess I need to have more faith in Toriyama. He has his own spark that always prevents things from becoming generic. "In Toriyama We Trust." :D

My theory is that they'll tie in elements from Yusuke Watanabe's old BOG script, where Freeza and his men find a way to turn Goku's friends against him. Although it seemed like Toriyama didn't really like those ideas, but I suppose it did conflict with what he had in mind for BOG. Maybe this is his way of apologizing for giving BOG a total overhaul. :lol:

By the way, judging by the YouTube comments, I'm not the only one that went to listen to F after seeing the announcement. :P Was reading the lyrics to see if I could pull out any plot hints (no clue how accurate they are, the English is a little broken):
Abuses, tortures, no human rights

Propaganda-controlled

Non-resistant ethnics running away

Burning people are grovelling

Genocides, crackdowns, fascists

They stomp on them with a smile
Yeah, I can see it now. :lol:
Last edited by DragonBoxZTheMovies on Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:39 am

Well, if there's a ritual for a SSJ God, couldn't there be one for Freeza's race? I can't see Saiyans being the only race that can reach godhood.
freezamite wrote:Not in the manga. Trunks and Goten never get to Perfect Cell levels of strength despite them being so strong as kids, Kibitoshin is worthless and since the Babidy space-ship sub-saga Kaiohshin couldn't even fight against first form Freezer (or 4th form, the weakest one, if we count them in the right order) and 17,18 and 16 were never close to Freezer's level (and their power doesn't increase with the time, they're androids not fighters).
It took no effort for 17 and 18 to tear through a group including SSJs (Trunks turned Freeza into deli meat effortlessly, and he couldn't do anything to even one of those Androids).

As for Kaioshin, there's no way he's so weak as to be weaker than Freeza's debut form. Yeah, he's no SSJ2, but before Gero's crazy machinations and after Buu's sealing, I'm pretty sure there were no real threats to him (and fusing with Kibito powered up him).

Dunno about Goten and Trunks, but they didn't seem too weak all things considered.
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

freezamite
Banned

Post by freezamite » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:52 am

Mewzard wrote:It took no effort for 17 and 18 to tear through a group including SSJs (Trunks turned Freeza into deli meat effortlessly, and he couldn't do anything to even one of those Androids).
This is where we disagree. While its true that Trunks foderized Mecha Freezer it's also stated (by Gohan) that Mecha's power was nowhere close to the power he had on Namek (and yes, Mecha says he is stronger now and this can be justified while him still being weaker in reality).

Trunks SSJ = Goku SSJ = Goku KKx10 against Freezer, which is 1/4 of Freezer's maximum strength.

Mewzard wrote:As for Kaioshin, there's no way he's so weak as to be weaker than Freeza's debut form. Yeah, he's no SSJ2, but before Gero's crazy machinations and after Buu's sealing, I'm pretty sure there were no real threats to him (and fusing with Kibito powered up him).
Kaioh Shin was impressed by Pui Pui as an enemy. Don't get me wrong, there's a Kaioh Shin that could kill Freezer and that's the Kaioh Shin we see during the world tournament (the one that impresses Goku giving him only his hand, the one that makes piccolo surrender and the one that could even block the power of a SSJ2) but then this character gets reworked and totally "transformed" into a comical-much worthless one without any real strength and this is the Kaioshin that later fuses with Kibito which still leaves kibitoshin as a worthless-comical character with the shunkanido (is this how the instant transportation is called in japanese? Well, in fact I don't even know if in english it's called instant transportation or instantaneous change of place like it's called in my country).

Regarding Goten and Trunks, they were Full Power SSJ but they didn't reach neither Freezer or Cell's level of powers, maybe in their future reincarnations but I don't think so considering how they don't train at all.

Low Tone G

Post by Low Tone G » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:58 am

I can see here that Toriyama has chosen the easiest way, and used of the fact that Frieza's Empire was the vastest in the whole universe, so the remnants of it are inexhaustible source for new events. I really want now as Vegeta to put end to Frieza's Empire, or rule himself over it, as any of chances for Frieza to appear once to be erased. I like Frieza, but still, it was too much of him.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:55 am

And nobody thought about Gohan using hair gel, but in this movie, it is so god damn fierce that he doesn't even have time to gel his hair up.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:08 am

Just got around to read on Kotaku that DBZ 2015 (The Resurrection of Freeza) will be about Freeza so that's certainly something I'm interested now as he's always been my favourite villain of the DB Universe. Now if they'd just confirm that Takaki's handling the score it'd definitely be an epic experience.

The two new Freeza soldiers kinda look like humanised versions of Pokémons. :P

By the way, the writer of this article on Kotaku didn't even spell the dubname correctly (Friеza) he wrote "Frеiza". lol

http://kotaku.com/the-return-of-dragon- ... 1660018498
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:11 am

Well, it is Kotaku. The Buzzfeed of the gaming world. Not exactly the most caring outlet for quality.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:45 am

Possibly dumbing things down too much, but after Goku died during the Cell saga he was able to spend 7 years training in the Other world and becoming much stronger, could Frieza not have just done the same? He's been shown to have kept his body in Hell (or HFIL if you like). He could've just trained solidly with the sole purpose of one day being resurrected and getting revenge.

Regardless, this is Dragon Ball, is how Frieza gets stronger that big a deal? I don't think so, it isn't something that requires too much deep investigation or explanation. Frieza will have either increased in power enough so he'll be a challenge for Goku, Vegeta and co, or he won't have. So many questions I want answered before I even start thinking about how Frieza got strong.
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:48 am

Low Tone G wrote: 2. Theories how can Freeza compete with Goku, possibly God Vegeta, Beerus and Whis:

D. Or people from other universes come to universe 7 who are tha race of Freeza will grat him Godhood to rule over every single universe.
I do think this time all the universes' futures will be at stake.
On the plot:

After BOG Goku realizes that nothing and no one can make him stronger as a God, so decides to leave Earth for Beerus' homeworld to ask Whis to train him along with Beerus(to be fair), who is up after his 3 years nap. Pan and Bra are littles children on Earth. Goku already had trained with Goten to make him stronger. Trunks also trained with Vegeta. Then Sorbet and Tagoma come to Earth to find Dragon Balls and manage to resurrect their master, Freeza, who is seaking for his revenge against Saiyans. By now Trunks And Goten as teenagers. The two soldiers already were very well informed what went on on the Earth by the time when Beerus was there. So they knew that Goku is now a God and figure out something for their master to steal Goku's God power and give to their master(Goku is stronger than he was in BOG). So they will trick Goku and take away his God power and give their master. Now Freeza eventually prepair himself for revenge and actually meets Trunks and kills him as an instant(because he remembers Trunks was the one to kill him - by the way it was Future Trunks). Goten will become mad, and tells Vegeta about that. Vegeta realises that he must do something and becomes a God with the help of fimself, Gohan, Goten, Pan, Bra, and finally Tarble, becuase Goku isn't there. Vegeta will face Freeza, but Freeza wants Goku, Goku eventually senses Freeza as a God and comes back to Earth bit he will be tricked by the soldiers. Freeza is a monster, so Beerus and Whis will get involved. The battle is so fierce that opens a gate for others universes so Freeza will end up a prisoner of another universe. This will be the end. So we can wait for the third movie. :P
I think that's very probable, especially Trunks' death.

Low Tone G

Post by Low Tone G » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:11 am

dbgtFO wrote:
Low Tone G wrote: 2. Theories how can Freeza compete with Goku, possibly God Vegeta, Beerus and Whis:

D. Or people from other universes come to universe 7 who are tha race of Freeza will grat him Godhood to rule over every single universe.
I do think this time all the universes' futures will be at stake.
On the plot:

After BOG Goku realizes that nothing and no one can make him stronger as a God, so decides to leave Earth for Beerus' homeworld to ask Whis to train him along with Beerus(to be fair), who is up after his 3 years nap. Pan and Bra are littles children on Earth. Goku already had trained with Goten to make him stronger. Trunks also trained with Vegeta. Then Sorbet and Tagoma come to Earth to find Dragon Balls and manage to resurrect their master, Freeza, who is seaking for his revenge against Saiyans. By now Trunks And Goten as teenagers. The two soldiers already were very well informed what went on on the Earth by the time when Beerus was there. So they knew that Goku is now a God and figure out something for their master to steal Goku's God power and give to their master(Goku is stronger than he was in BOG). So they will trick Goku and take away his God power and give their master. Now Freeza eventually prepair himself for revenge and actually meets Trunks and kills him as an instant(because he remembers Trunks was the one to kill him - by the way it was Future Trunks). Goten will become mad, and tells Vegeta about that. Vegeta realises that he must do something and becomes a God with the help of fimself, Gohan, Goten, Pan, Bra, and finally Tarble, becuase Goku isn't there. Vegeta will face Freeza, but Freeza wants Goku, Goku eventually senses Freeza as a God and comes back to Earth bit he will be tricked by the soldiers. Freeza is a monster, so Beerus and Whis will get involved. The battle is so fierce that opens a gate for others universes so Freeza will end up a prisoner of another universe. This will be the end. So we can wait for the third movie. :P
I think that's very probable, especially Trunks' death.
Yeah, especially when we were already told that the film be about a despair, I can see Trunks to be Frieza's (first) victim.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:26 am

I searched for mentions of Freeza in this thread and it's funny looking back at earlier posts, discussing Toriyama's affinity for Freeza.
SingleFringandSparks mentioned that Freeza was Toriyama's "safe zone" due the Freeza Arc being the most popular part of Dragon Ball and I agree with him, that Freeza really is long past his relevance.
I'm surprised that Toriyama's "obsession" with Freeza was so strong, that it has apparently convinced him to make Freeza the main villain in the new movie.
I should have connected the dots like JulieYBM, but that just seemed too far-fetched to me. But with all the mentions he's been getting in the newer material it makes total sense.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:33 am

TheZFighter wrote: He's been shown to have kept his body in Hell (or HFIL if you like).
In the manga, villains don't keep their bodies when they go to Hell. Freeza is just a soulless ghost in Hell while he gets reborn as something else.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/