AB Video to release original Dragon Ball on Blu-Ray

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Scsigs
I Live Here

Re: AB Video to release original Dragon Ball on Blu-Ray

Post by Scsigs » Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:11 pm

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:42 pm
Scsigs wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:22 pm 3. Z got the shitty 2013-14 remasters rebranded in 3 3-season Blu-Ray sets with new packaging.
The 3-in-1 season packages were Walmart exclusives and retained the Funimation branding, but yes, much to the disappointment of a lot of fans they marked the return to the 16:9 discs.
The 16:9 Blu-Rays also got the GT treatment by being redone with Crunchyroll's logo replacing Funimation's. Arguably these were even lazier than the Crunchyroll GT Complete Series DVD because at least for GT they designed a new cover.
As for Z....
Literally the front and back cover was exactly what Funimation used in 2013/14.
Ok, didn't know about the 3-in-1 Z releases retaining the FUNi branding. Seems like a flub on Crunchy's part. Like they put the wrong PNG when designing the packaging. Also, yeah, lazy repackage of the original sets (though the individual sets DO have the Crunchyroll logo). I'm glad that I now have all 7 Dragon Boxes & the Z steelbooks so I can stop giving a shit about the US Z releases until an actual GOOD one comes out in 100 years. To be fair, it's actually good art. I give props to the packaging designers at FUNi/Crunchy, at least the people who design their home releases are always on-point & FUNi actually spent the money back in 2013 commissioning Toei to have their artists draw those art pieces for them, so I don't begrudge them reusing it much.

Yeah. Plus, arguably GT could've used a repackaging to get the discs out of the stupid digibook packaging of the green bricks. That'd also be an improvement if they give us another DB release, even if it's just. a repackaging of the old discs. If they give us a multi-season rerelease, it'd benefit from the discs being in a normal DVD case rather than the digibooks. I have the original digibooks & the main annoyance is due to them being made out of thick paper, they're a bit slanted nowadays & I wish they'd just gone with 5-disc regular DVD cases than the digibooks. It's annoying. I'm now thinking about getting the GT rerelease for that alone & selling my GT digibooks.

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:03 pm This is a way better way to disagree with my post. These are pretty well written, well thought out arguments.
Thoughts?
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:11 pm

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:42 pm
Scsigs wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:22 pm 3. Z got the shitty 2013-14 remasters rebranded in 3 3-season Blu-Ray sets with new packaging.
The 3-in-1 season packages were Walmart exclusives and retained the Funimation branding, but yes, much to the disappointment of a lot of fans they marked the return to the 16:9 discs.
The 16:9 Blu-Rays also got the GT treatment by being redone with Crunchyroll's logo replacing Funimation's. Arguably these were even lazier than the Crunchyroll GT Complete Series DVD because at least for GT they designed a new cover.
As for Z....
Literally the front and back cover was exactly what Funimation used in 2013/14.
Ok, didn't know about the 3-in-1 Z releases retaining the FUNi branding. Seems like a flub on Crunchy's part. Like they put the wrong PNG when designing the packaging. Also, yeah, lazy repackage of the original sets (though the individual sets DO have the Crunchyroll logo). I'm glad that I now have all 7 Dragon Boxes & the Z steelbooks so I can stop giving a shit about the US Z releases until an actual GOOD one comes out in 100 years. To be fair, it's actually good art. I give props to the packaging designers at FUNi/Crunchy, at least the people who design their home releases are always on-point & FUNi actually spent the money back in 2013 commissioning Toei to have their artists draw those art pieces for them, so I don't begrudge them reusing it much.

Yeah. Plus, arguably GT could've used a repackaging to get the discs out of the stupid digibook packaging of the green bricks. That'd also be an improvement if they give us another DB release, even if it's just. a repackaging of the old discs. If they give us a multi-season rerelease, it'd benefit from the discs being in a normal DVD case rather than the digibooks. I have the original digibooks & the main annoyance is due to them being made out of thick paper, they're a bit slanted nowadays & I wish they'd just gone with 5-disc regular DVD cases than the digibooks. It's annoying. I'm now thinking about getting the GT rerelease for that alone & selling my GT digibooks.
Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:03 pm This is a way better way to disagree with my post. These are pretty well written, well thought out arguments.
Thoughts?

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:17 pm

Sorry for not responding earlier, was tired and I need to rest. And I agree, it was Funimation who tainted Crunchyroll. Crunchyroll used to be run by fans, heck they started out as an illegal fansub site! But it is definitely Funimation who started all the nasty tatics they and now Crunchyroll are famous for. I have way more respect for them as an illegal site than the mega corp they are now.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:17 pm

Sorry for not responding earlier, was tired and I need to rest. And I agree, it was Funimation who tainted Crunchyroll. Crunchyroll used to be run by fans, heck they started out as an illegal fansub site! But it is definitely Funimation who started all the nasty tatics they and now Crunchyroll are famous for. I have way more respect for them as an illegal site than the mega corp they are now.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

GhostEmperorX
Regular

Post by GhostEmperorX » Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:56 pm

It seems as though there's some kind of glitch in this thread that's duplicating user posts. What could it be?

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:10 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:17 pm Sorry for not responding earlier, was tired and I need to rest. And I agree, it was Funimation who tainted Crunchyroll. Crunchyroll used to be run by fans, heck they started out as an illegal fansub site! But it is definitely Funimation who started all the nasty tatics they and now Crunchyroll are famous for. I have way more respect for them as an illegal site than the mega corp they are now.
I'm glad there was a misunderstanding but
That's never how I read your post even as a whole. And it's still not. I read clear hate towards ab in the post. They're not linked to crunchyroll so I really don't understand the initial post no matter how many times I read it again. I read hate towards AB and I thought that was insane seeing their releases for a long time now. My post was harsh and I apologize if you felt hunted or something like that but maybe you should communicate what you mean more clearly?

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:53 am

I dont want to be mean but everyone else understood it immediately, its just you who misunderstood me and not only misquoted me but tooka chunk out of what I said and accused me of hating AB Groupe. How can you see posts that say I am fearing Crunchyroll did something to AB Groupe to stop their releases. I cant believe it but French 4kids is the last bastion against the tyranny of Crunchyroll.

against the tyranny of Crunchyrolll

against the tyranny of Crunchyroll.

against the tyranny of Crunchyroll.

How can you read this and get the fanfiction you made out of my post. I didnt want to be mean but you made up a lie about me and keep insisting that's what I said. You arent even apologizing. If you saw me around you would know I LOVE CLUB DOROTHEE and AB Groupe is credited for that success.

I think the phrase French 4kids is what tripped you up. You assume that I LOATHE 4KIDS. I dont! I keep making thread after thread that I wish Toonzai and 4kids involvement with the franchise had lasted longer.

That's it, I actually to do this before,but thought I shouldnt because it was laying in too thick but I guess I wasnt, because it was too much. But if you misunderstand me so badly I will have to post THE song against tyranny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buHFjhcq2IE

I LOVE AB GROUPE AND 4KIDS LOL.

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:00 pm

Frankly, while I think blaming Crunchyroll is a mistake, I think it's *very* possible Toei put the kibosh on the release.

Considering how they've standardized releases the past few years (see: green tint across home video Super movie releases rather than Japan-exclusive), they're probably mad that AB Groupe used these assets without express permission. It doesn't help when everyone immediately sings their praises -- hell, if we were quieter, they would never find out these things.

I maintain the opinion that Kai would still have the Yamamoto score if it weren't for the community going wild once the Terminator rip-offs made it to the Nicktoons airings.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:43 pm

Why are we talking about this like we already know some group is working against what AB is doing or trying to do here? We haven't had any news from them since the first box released, period. I don't think there's any reason to assume anything has happened, since we know AB to go slow on these things already.

Vegard Aune
Advanced Regular

Post by Vegard Aune » Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:40 pm

Wasn't there something not too long ago about how they apparently had a design for box 2? Which indicated that things were, indeed, progressing towards a release?

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:18 pm

Shaddy wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:43 pm Why are we talking about this like we already know some group is working against what AB is doing or trying to do here? We haven't had any news from them since the first box released, period. I don't think there's any reason to assume anything has happened, since we know AB to go slow on these things already.
To be honest while I am massively guilty of the fearmongering in the thread AB Groupe release 70 episodes If I read correctly. That's a lot of episodes, its hardly a 4 episode release that is taking months. That's a LOT of episodes.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:32 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:18 pm
Shaddy wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:43 pm Why are we talking about this like we already know some group is working against what AB is doing or trying to do here? We haven't had any news from them since the first box released, period. I don't think there's any reason to assume anything has happened, since we know AB to go slow on these things already.
To be honest while I am massively guilty of the fearmongering in the thread AB Groupe release 70 episodes If I read correctly. That's a lot of episodes, its hardly a 4 episode release that is taking months. That's a LOT of episodes.
Here's the thing. We have no confirmation of anything being cancelled. On top of that, remastering like this takes a bit. The best US releases to compare these to are the Discotek Blu-Rays of Digimon Adventure 01 (both dubbed & subbed). The people at Discotek used similar AI upscaling for both the US & Japanese masters to upscale everything to 1080p HD because the show was animated digitally, so no film masters exist. Currently, Discotek is working on Adventure 02, where they're upscaling the Japanese masters & recutting the episodes to match the English dub audio because the US masters are unfortunately too degraded for them to upscale with the AI software. On top of licensing not only 02, they've also the first 3 Adventure films (also producing new English dubs for them with as many of the original VAs as possible) & Digimon: The Movie. Adventure 01's releases came out on December 27, 2022 & July 25, 2023 for the English & JP dubs respectively. They've announce 02 & the movies. They have yet to put out a release date. It's now assumed 2024 at the earliest, I believe.
Digimon Adventure 01 had 54 episodes & they worked with 2 different masters for both cuts. 02 has 50. AB Groupe has to work with, in total, 153 episodes of original Dragon Ball. They put out the first 68 episodes, now they have 85 left to go. Properly upscaling something on top of the color correction of the footage so it matches the intended color pallets the animators used takes a lot of time. There's a reason Toei didn't do this themselves. On top of the money needed to pay the people to do the labor of scanning & cleaning up their film masters of 153 episodes of an anime from the 80s, the time needed to properly color correct everything would take a while because of how badly the colors warped over time. There's a reason why they let FUNi & AB handle these things for them. They don't want to bother outside of the movies & TV specials. Honestly, I'm fine with it as long as it's done correctly because. I also don't trust Toei not to fuck something up somewhere considering the movie remasters on the discs.

There's also absolutely no reason to believe Toei didn't approve them using the broadcast audio for the JP dub. Why wouldn't AB have gotten permission for it? Toei needs to approve certain things in regards to how their product is presented. It's stupid to worry without any reasons to.

I'm also going to tell you this now. Stop being pessimistic & fear-mongering. It doesn't look good on you & it's not good to do that. Wait until we have confirmation on any of that one way or the other before doing anything like that. Let people have hope until then. This isn't FUNimation with the 30th anniversary sets. This isn't Toei with the movie remasters. These are people who clearly care about what they're doing & wanna do right by the show. Shut the fuck up & let people enjoy & look forward to it.
Last edited by Scsigs on Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:40 pm

Scsigs wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:32 pm
Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:18 pm
Here's the thing. We have no confirmation of anything being cancelled. On top of that, remastering like this takes a bit. The best US releases to compare these to are the Discotek Blu-Rays of Digimon Adventure 01 (both dubbed & subbed). The people at Discotek used similar AI upscaling for both the US & Japanese masters to upscale everything to 1080p HD because the show was animated digitally, so no film masters exist. Currently, Discotek is working on Adventure 02, where they're upscaling the Japanese masters & recutting the episodes to match the English dub audio because the US masters are unfortunately too degraded for them to upscale with the AI software. On top of licensing not only 02, they've also the first 3 Adventure films (also producing new English dubs for them with as many of the original VAs as possible) & Digimon: The Movie. Adventure 01's releases came out on December 27, 2022 & July 25, 2023 for the English & JP dubs respectively. They've announce 02 &. the movies. They have yet to put out a release date. It's now assumed 2024 at the earliest, I believe.
Digimon Adventure 01 had 54 episodes &. they worked with 2 different masters for both cuts. 02 has 50. AB Groupe has to work with, in total, 153 episodes of original Dragon Ball. They put out the first 68 episodes, now they have 85 left to go. Properly upscaling something on top of the color correction of the footage so it matches the intended color pallets the animators used takes a lot of time. There's a reason Toei didn't do this themselves. On top of the money needed to pay the people to do the labor of scanning & cleaning up their film masters of 153 episodes of an anime from the 80s, the time needed to properly color correct everything would take a while because of how badly the colors warped over time. There's a reason why they let FUNi & AB handle these things for them. They don't want to bother outside of the movies & TV specials. Honestly, I'm fine with it as long as it's done correctly because. I also don't trust Toei not to fuck something up somewhere considering the movie remasters on the discs.
There's also absolutely no reason to believe Toei didn't approve them using the broadcast audio for the JP dub. Why wouldn't AB have gotten permission for it? Toei needs to approve certain things in regards to how their product is presented. It's stupid to worry without any reasons to.

I know I was speaking against the fearmongering, especially after I was a major player in it getting out of hand. I was trying to say 70 episodes is nothing to sneeze at and its understandable that they didnt just release the two sets back to back.

You are the second person today who found the wording in my posts to be hard to understand... and I agree its my fault this time. I legit have low mental power right now and my english grammar gets worse. I am still a bit hurt by sangofe misquoting me and doubling down but if two people are getting wrong things out of my post or mention the wording is confusing you guys might indeed be onto something.

Caulifor
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Caulifor » Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:46 pm

Cold Skin wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:49 pm Based on usual DB releases in France, you can't expect volume 2 to be released until at least a year has passed since the release of volume 1.
And the release probably won't be announced much ahead of the actual release date.

So if you want my advice, just consider you won't have volume 2 until a complete year has passed, nor will you have an announcement for it until we get closer to that date if you ask me.
Pretty sure it's already been more than a year. Volume 1 was released in November 2022 if I'm not mistaken. That's why I was wondering if things had gone wrong. I expected at least an announcement by now, not complete radio silence. But then again, I don't know the company so if people are saying they're usually slow, then I guess there's not much to worry about.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:19 pm

Caulifor wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:46 pm Pretty sure it's already been more than a year. Volume 1 was released in November 2022 if I'm not mistaken. That's why I was wondering if things had gone wrong. I expected at least an announcement by now, not complete radio silence. But then again, I don't know the company so if people are saying they're usually slow, then I guess there's not much to worry about.
To quote what I literally just typed up a bit ago...
Scsigs wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:32 pm Here's the thing. We have no confirmation of anything being cancelled. On top of that, remastering like this takes a bit. The best US releases to compare these to are the Discotek Blu-Rays of Digimon Adventure 01 (both dubbed & subbed). The people at Discotek used similar AI upscaling for both the US & Japanese masters to upscale everything to 1080p HD because the show was animated digitally, so no film masters exist. Currently, Discotek is working on Adventure 02, where they're upscaling the Japanese masters & recutting the episodes to match the English dub audio because the US masters are unfortunately too degraded for them to upscale with the AI software. On top of licensing not only 02, they've also the first 3 Adventure films (also producing new English dubs for them with as many of the original VAs as possible) & Digimon: The Movie. Adventure 01's releases came out on December 27, 2022 & July 25, 2023 for the English & JP dubs respectively. They've announce 02 & the movies. They have yet to put out a release date. It's now assumed 2024 at the earliest, I believe.
Digimon Adventure 01 had 54 episodes & they worked with 2 different masters for both cuts. 02 has 50. AB Groupe has to work with, in total, 153 episodes of original Dragon Ball. They put out the first 68 episodes, now they have 85 left to go. Properly upscaling something on top of the color correction of the footage so it matches the intended color pallets the animators used takes a lot of time. There's a reason Toei didn't do this themselves. On top of the money needed to pay the people to do the labor of scanning & cleaning up their film masters of 153 episodes of an anime from the 80s, the time needed to properly color correct everything would take a while because of how badly the colors warped over time. There's a reason why they let FUNi & AB handle these things for them. They don't want to bother outside of the movies & TV specials. Honestly, I'm fine with it as long as it's done correctly because. I also don't trust Toei not to fuck something up somewhere considering the movie remasters on the discs.

To also add on to this, weren't they a bit rushed with the first release? Wasn't it stated somewhere that they literally had to make the decision between just putting the DBox masters just on BR & doing an actual remaster of the footage with the AI upscaling pretty quickly? And then they were a bit rushed to get it out? If after that they had to take some more time to do the rest, I wouldn't be surprised. On top of that, if the second set was cancelled or Toei got pissed at them using the broadcast audio, wouldn't the first either be recalled so they could replace it with the shitty muffled audio, or just outright discontinued? That would seem to be the logical progression of that to me.

Like, let's be completely real here, guys. Why would Toei give a single solitary shit that AB Groupe or any other company that licensed the older Dragon Ball shows use the broadcast audio for their home releases? With how Toei's allowed FUNimation time & time again to absolutely destroy the visuals of Z with their shit remasters, I don't think they care much at all as long as they make money, otherwise they'd do the remastering work themselves or pay another company to do it for them in Japan. And, why is anyone assuming without confirmation 1 way or another that the hold-up is Toei being mad over the broadcast audio? Because Toei didn't want it? That's Toei not giving a shit to get the audio files because Toei is fucking dumb when it comes to the preservation of their older media. They are the Japanese equivalent to the BBC back in the 70s when they junked a bunch of their older shows. The difference, though, is that the BBC is actively trying to hunt down copies of episodes of said shows if they still exist & they gladly accepted the audio recordings fans made back in the 60s & clips. Toei actively doesn't give a fuck to have the highest quality audio. There has been nothing said about other companies using it. Someone's gonna probably also bring up that FUNi didn't use it for the 30th anniversary remaster set of Z even though Chris Sabat has it. Well, the people at FUNimation also actively ignored fan criticisms & tried to gaslight people into thinking their shitty remasters are actually good with their blogpost for that shit. If the visual fidelity doesn't mean a damn to them, why would the audio fidelity? FUNi only gave a damn when 1. they don't have to put in a lot of work &/or 2. they could make a lot of money. They didn't see the use in making a good remaster for that product, so of course they wouldn't use the highest quality audio they could.

Honestly, guys, use your heads here. You cannot apply normal logic to Toei. They're illogical business people who do not care unless money's involved.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:59 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:25 pm I am fearing Crunchyroll did something to AB Groupe to stop their releases. I cant believe it but French 4kids is the last bastion against the tyranny of Crunchyroll.
You know: sorry dude. If you actually felt bad irl, in your body or your mood got affected I'm really sorry. I hope your suffering didn't last too long. Was never my intention. My reply was solely based on what I read and I seem to have missed the initial post. Even then I didn't have to reply with that. But it's true that nobody in France has done as good as AB. Kaze did poorly.

Now I know how I misunderstood.
I actually never saw your initial post, just the second where you wrote :
Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:04 am I dont mean stop the broadcast audio, I mean just sweep the rights from AB Groupe and just block them from releasing anything. Not even out of a "Neener Neener you will never get the broadcast audio you weaboos!" but rather thier desire to extend their monopoly.
So I read that and thought you hated on AB for some reason. Which I found very strange and unfair given how much effort they've done, frankly since the DB and dbz dvd boxes. BUT I'M GLAD IT WAS A MISUNDERSTANDING AND again SORRY IF YOU FELT BAD ABOUT IT.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:05 am

Vegard Aune wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:40 pm Wasn't there something not too long ago about how they apparently had a design for box 2? Which indicated that things were, indeed, progressing towards a release?
Yeah, their graphic designer said his design for box 2 got approved a long time ago and more or less confirmed they'd finish at least DB.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:39 am

sangofe wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:05 am
Vegard Aune wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:40 pm Wasn't there something not too long ago about how they apparently had a design for box 2? Which indicated that things were, indeed, progressing towards a release?
Yeah, their graphic designer said his design for box 2 got approved a long time ago and more or less confirmed they'd finish at least DB.
This is good. It shows that they're on track to releasing it. However, I doubt that's what that meant at the time. Packaging design is usually done separately from what the people remastering the episodes & programming the discs are doing & I assume is usually done quicker due to packaging design not needing as much work done.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:18 pm

Scsigs wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:39 am
sangofe wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:05 am
This is good. It shows that they're on track to releasing it. However, I doubt that's what that meant at the time. Packaging design is usually done separately from what the people remastering the episodes & programming the discs are doing & I assume is usually done quicker due to packaging design not needing as much work done.
Obviously but they wouldn't have paid for it if they weren't gonna release more.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:09 pm

sangofe wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:18 pm
Scsigs wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:39 am This is good. It shows that they're on track to releasing it. However, I doubt that's what that meant at the time. Packaging design is usually done separately from what the people remastering the episodes & programming the discs are doing & I assume is usually done quicker due to packaging design not needing as much work done.
Obviously but they wouldn't have paid for it if they weren't gonna release more.
Exactly. They licensed the Dragon Box masters & used AI to upscale & color corrected the footage. Even if they didn't use the broadcast audio, this is already leagues above anything from FUNimation & I doubt they're not gonna release the rest of at least OG Dragon Ball.