Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Resurrection 'F'"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Official On-Going DBZ 2015 Movie Thread: "Fukkatsu no F"

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:38 pm

Yamamuro should create an account here so we could have a chit chat.
Chuquita wrote:It's hard not to feel at least a little jealous when you look at stuff like OP Film Z or Naruto the Last and see what beautiful animation they get by comparison to us.
I agree with One Piece Z, stupid toei!
I don't see anything special about Naruto animation these last years. Its was going downwhill last time I saw.
I saw some new clips from the movie now and I don't see anything great at all.
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:40 pm

ssjjanemba wrote:who cares if the animation is good or bad, its the story that matters.
Do you want to see Star Wars with indie film level actors and special effects?

GeeRod
Beyond Newbie

Post by GeeRod » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:42 pm

Wow people complain about everything. Gohan tracksuit and hair, animation, Freeza coming back, Vegeta may not being the protagonist. If this film is so bad why you people care so much? You can't do anything, nothing will change.
English is not my main language. Sorry if I make a mistake.

ssjjanemba
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssjjanemba » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:43 pm

i didn't really mean that. i was just trying to say that the animation doesn't have to be so amazing. i think it looks fine. but I'm not an expert on animation...
Hi

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:44 pm

Yamamuro, Tumormuro
Kikuchi, Crapkuchi
Suitomo, Shitomo
Falconor, Fuckenor
animation whores, music whores

WELCOME TO KANZENSHUUUUUUU!!! JA JA JAAAAA! :D

Alright, playtime's over. Anyway, to me, I think it looks good. I really don't see how the animation looks bad as some of yall say it is. I mean, yeah, they should lay off the CGI stuff, but damn, you guys are into animation THAT much? Wow. And I'm still so-so on the story itself, I just hope there's a Bils vs Frieza.
GeeRod wrote:Wow people complain about everything. If this film is so bad why you people care so much? You can't do anything, nothing will change.
Even though everyone has a right to complain, I couldn't agree more. If yall knew Yammamewro or whatever his name is was gonna do the animation, then just move on and watch better films with "better animation". Don't try to dissuade people from being happy for it. You guys haven't seen me make fun of the plot for the past couple weeks.
Last edited by EXBadguy on Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:44 pm

I've just realized that the past two films have been directed by veterans...but they're the worst kind of veterans, the kind that have stayed at Toei Animation so long that they haven't changed or grown. Shida Naotoshi has grown and changed but not Yamamuro or Hosoda. Very interesting to note, given Shida is from the same generation as Yamamuro. Tate is a bit younger than both of them but he too has grown and changed from his days as a key animator for the Seigasha episodes. His design and supervision work for One Piece is a great sign of this.

It's such a shame Ootsuka Takashi seems to have left Toei Animation. He's young enough and in tune with the higher-quality animation we see these days from other studios, so it's a shame that he wasn't asked to direct Fukkatsu no F.

Regarding Naruto: The Last: Naruto The Movie has both Nishio Tetsuya and Suzuki Hirofumi acting as character designers and chief animation supervisors. They've been with the series since it began but very rarely play a big hand beyond designs. Both are talented animators so it's no surprise The Last: Naruto The Movie looks so good, especially given their connections, the film's production schedule, and the in-house animators that regularly work on the series.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

ssjjanemba
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssjjanemba » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:45 pm

beerus vs freeza has to happen. i wonder what whis is going to do.
Hi

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:46 pm

I just don't like the wide-face thing Yamamuro does.

Weirdly enough, the Vegeta he drew for the F poster looks really good, imo. I wish he could pull that off more often.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:46 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
kei17 wrote:To be fair, it's the producers who ought to be blamed here. If they had an eye for art, he would have been fired at this point.
Good God... I know Yamamuro ain't that great anymore but... damn... I mean... damn. Obviously he has zero supporters here at Kanzenshuu. :lol:
From what I know, Japanese fans are shooting an even harsher look at him. I saw their posts and tweets about the first Goku image appeared on BoG's official site saying that "Who the hell is this guy? He doesn't even look like the Goku we know."

valfranx
Beyond Newbie

Post by valfranx » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:47 pm

as i had imagined. ultimate gohan is nothing less than a kind of ssj3 improved. I remember that in the game dragon ball shin Budokai gohan when is fighting with weak guys he uses his ssj transformation. when he faces someone like buu, he uses his ultimate form.
Last edited by valfranx on Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Bonus Stage
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bonus Stage » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:48 pm

Please, translate dialogue... :clap:

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:50 pm

People should stop bashing on the movie until the movie is out. If it's a movie like Vampire Sucks then I can understand hating on it before it comes out. Even if the CG is shit, at least the movie will have a decent story to back it up. Special effects mean nothing as long you have a good story. Look at movies from Michael Bay and Roland Emmerich for example. Transformers 1-4, The Day After Tomorrow and 2012 has great special effects but terrible writing.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:50 pm

Bonus Stage wrote:Please, translate the dialogs... :clap:
Kanzenshuu has the dialogue translated here.
She/Her
bisexual milf

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:55 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
kei17 wrote:
DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:He obviously doesn't want to give that position to someone who is talented and familiar with Dragon Ball, such as Naoki Tate.
To be fair, it's the producers who ought to be blamed here. If they had an eye for art, he would have been fired at this point.
Yeah, it was Morishita Kouzou who gave the director's chair for Kami to Kami to Hosoda Masahiro, so I wouldn't be surprised if he did the same here, too.
But of course, it's the producers' fault, but it's also Tadayoshi Yamamuro's responsibility as a character designer to make sure he gives his best art possible for the film. He should realize this by now.
GeeRod wrote:Wow people complain about everything. Gohan tracksuit and hair, animation, Freeza coming back, Vegeta may not being the protagonist. If this film is so bad why you people care so much? You can't do anything, nothing will change.
We all have something we like to discuss and ponder. For JulieYBM and me, it's the animation. The animation is the story itself. The animation tells the story more than dialogue, and I appreciate the beauty of it. It's because of this reason that we like to see the best animation possible for Fukkastu no F.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:57 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:People should stop bashing on the movie until the movie is out. If it's a movie like Vampire Sucks then I can understand hating on it before it comes out. Even if the CG is shit, at least the movie will have a decent story to back it up. Special effects mean nothing as long you have a good story. Look at movies from Michael Bay and Roland Emmerich for example. Transformers 1-4, The Day After Tomorrow and 2012 has great special effects but terrible writing.
That's because Michael Bay and Roland Emmerich are terrible directors. I watched Naruto Shippuuden Episode #389 today. It used about as many cels (if not less) than Kami to Kami did in twenty minutes yet looked infinitely better and more evocative thanks to the quality of the storyboarding and layouts, to say nothing of the key animation drawings of the characters looking much more expressive and filled with love. Episode #389 isn't even an example of a great episode for the series, either. Yamamuro is displaying the same infantile understanding of perspective and camera work a pre-schooler would when drawing a simple crayon picture.

After Kami to Kami it is pretty much guaranteed that this film is going to have an incredible script. The least it can do is be shot interestingly and not have its key animators drawing horrible designs.
She/Her
bisexual milf

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:58 pm

kei17 wrote: From what I know, Japanese fans are shooting an even harsher look at him. I saw their posts and tweets about the first Goku image appeared on BoG's official site saying that "Who the hell is this guy? He doesn't even look like the Goku we know."
Chuquita wrote:Yamamuro's lost his ability to draw proportions (especially faces) properly.
Oh? Toriyama had the same problem too at times, but did some of you guys didn't get on his case about that?! This isn't me defending Yamamuro, it's just common sense.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:00 pm

EXBadguy wrote:
Oh? Toriyama had the same problem too at times, but did some of you guys didn't get on his case about that?! This isn't me defending Yamamuro, it's just common sense.
I have no problem saying Toriyama's occasional pieces of art are not very good. I'm just not complaining about it in a thread about a movie he isn't drawing.
She/Her
bisexual milf

ssjjanemba
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssjjanemba » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:00 pm

you guys should make a thread explaining whats good/bad animation. some of us have no idea how to tell the difference. lol
Hi

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:03 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
EXBadguy wrote:
I have no problem saying Toriyama's occasional pieces of art are not very good. I'm just not complaining about it in a thread about a movie he isn't drawing.
Agreed w/this. I've seen plenty of off-model faces Toriyama's drawn, but this isn't the thread for Toriyama art.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:05 pm

I have no problem admitting that I'm not near as picky about animation as a lot of people are - so long as things at least look serviceable, I'm generally pretty happy. That said, my priorities of 'serviceable' also vary greatly from what others are looking for. Since Naruto animation has been brought up a few times, count me amongst those that can not stand how a particularly infamous episode of the Naruto V.S. Pain fight looks. I don't care how fluid it looks, if it loses it's ability to look like the characters in the process, then no amount of fluidity is worth it. I have similar problems with a particular episode of Samurai 7.

Irregardless, I'll repeat - I don't see anything in this teaser that seems worth getting up in arms over, but again, that's just me.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)