The Harmony Gold Dub & Broadcast Audio Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Puto
I Live Here

Re: The pilot episodes of HG's dub of DB might not exist

Post by Puto » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:08 pm

For those who aren't seeing the bigger picture here... VegettoEX is the webmaster/leader/owner/whatever of Daizenshuu EX, an extremely large and well known site, often recognised even by official entities. If he were to blatantly commit copyright infringement by sharing something like a full movie, even of a rare dub, it would severely damage his credibility and the credibility of Daizenshuu EX as a whole.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

superrayman3
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by superrayman3 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:31 pm

Puto wrote:If he were to blatantly commit copyright infringement by sharing something like a full movie, even of a rare dub, it would severely damage his credibility and the credibility of Daizenshuu EX as a whole.
I am fully aware of what would happen to VegettoEX's credibility and I respect his reasons for not uploading the dub all i'm trying to address is one question, how are people who actually want to see the dub supposed to do so when the people who own the copyrights to the HG dub won't do anything with it?
If anyone has any of the DB/DBZ/DBGT or Maho Tsuaki Sally Japanese single DVD's that they'd be interested in selling send me a PM and I'll see if we can work something out. ;).

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:42 pm

superrayman3 wrote:how are people who actually want to see the dub supposed to do so when the people who own the copyrights to the HG dub won't do anything with it?
You're not entitled to see something just because you want to see it.

Don't get me wrong -- I sympathize with you. I wish we could freely watch any production of the show at any moment. However, that's not the way the world works with older productions like these, so in a nutshell, and to put it very bluntly, tough shit.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SSJSteve
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJSteve » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:00 pm

What are you looking for superrayman3? Harmony Gold's Movie 3?

superrayman3
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by superrayman3 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:23 pm

SSJSteve wrote:What are you looking for superrayman3? Harmony Gold's Movie 3?
Here's what I'm looking for regarding the HG dub: the 5 pilot episodes, the last few seconds of HG movie 1 (the one that was uploaded earlier this year abruptly cuts off as Goku/Zero is flying away on the Nimbus cloud) and the start of HG movie 3 (same problem as movie 1). Hope this helps clear things up for you.
If anyone has any of the DB/DBZ/DBGT or Maho Tsuaki Sally Japanese single DVD's that they'd be interested in selling send me a PM and I'll see if we can work something out. ;).

SSJSteve
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJSteve » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:37 pm

superrayman3 wrote:
SSJSteve wrote:What are you looking for superrayman3? Harmony Gold's Movie 3?
Here's what
i'm looking for regarding the HG dub, the 5 pilot episodes, the last few seconds of HG movie 1 (the one that was uploaded earlier this year abruptly cuts off as Goku/Zero is flying away on the Nimbus cloud) and the start of HG movie 3 (same problem as movie 1). Hope this helps clear things up for you.
I can't help you with the 5 Pilot Episodes, sorry. But I've got all of Movies 1 and 3, so if it's allowed I could post that ending part from Movie 1 you're after.

superrayman3
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by superrayman3 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:12 pm

SSJSteve wrote:I can't help you with the 5 Pilot Episodes, sorry.
That's okay. I don't think I'll see the 5 pilot episodes anytime soon (although I hope I'm wrong about that).
SSJSteve wrote:But I've got all of Movies 1 and 3, so if it's allowed I could post that ending part from Movie 1 you're after.
The ending of movie 1 and the start of movie 3 is something I need. If you can post it here I'd really appreciate it, but if you can't post the clip here maybe we can do it through e-mail.

SSJSteve
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJSteve » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:22 pm

superrayman3 wrote:The ending of movie 1 and the start of movie 3 is something I need. If you can post it here I'd really appreciate it, but if you can't post the clip here maybe we can do it through e-mail.
Sure. If that's ok with the Admins/Mods, I'd be happy to post them.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:07 pm

SSJSteve wrote:
superrayman3 wrote:The ending of movie 1 and the start of movie 3 is something I need. If you can post it here I'd really appreciate it, but if you can't post the clip here maybe we can do it through e-mail.
Sure. If that's ok with the Admins/Mods, I'd be happy to post them.
You could always PM them to him. :P
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

superrayman3
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by superrayman3 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:10 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:You could always PM them to him. :P
Actually now that I think about it that might be the best way to dio this but I leave the choice up to you SSJSteve.

SSJSteve
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJSteve » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:37 pm

Here is the video.

It's a 15 second video, so hopefully that's ok for the Admins/Mods.

superrayman3
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by superrayman3 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:49 pm

SSJSteve wrote:Here is the video.

It's a 15 second video, so hopefully that's ok for the Admins/Mods.
Thanks. I'll be sure to check this out when I get home.

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:59 pm

I'm pretty sure that was in the one WillieD7 posted.

superrayman3
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by superrayman3 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:06 pm

Pokewhiz7 wrote:I'm pretty sure that was in the one WillieD7 posted.
I'll compare it with the one I got off of Cartoon World and see if it is.

Edit: just finished comparing it to the one on Cartoon World and it is the same, "sigh" looks like my hunt continues.

atm5508
Beyond Newbie

Post by atm5508 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:08 am

There was a Mexican dub which was based on the Harmony Gold dub that dubbed quite a few episodes.
I actually bought this last night, didn't know that the HG dub had come back into discussion. I've been wanting to see the tape for awhile and had some Amazon credit, so I figured it was worth a shot.

Once it comes in I'll let everyone know what's on it, quality, etc.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:40 am

atm5508 wrote:
There was a Mexican dub which was based on the Harmony Gold dub that dubbed quite a few episodes.
I actually bought this last night, didn't know that the HG dub had come back into discussion. I've been wanting to see the tape for awhile and had some Amazon credit, so I figured it was worth a shot.

I did a search on the distributor of that VHS few years ago. They seemed to be releasing only live-action films and dramas, so I strongly suspected that the VHS contained the Spanish dub of the infamous live-action film made in Taiwan instead of the Harmony-Gold-dub-based Mexican Spanish dub, and I didn't buy it. Anyway, I hope it'll be worth it for you and us.

superrayman3
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by superrayman3 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:30 pm

atm5508 wrote:

Dang you beat me to it, I was actually planning to get the tape after christmas and make a better quality version of the HG opening song for everyone to enjoy, oh well guess thats what happens when you beat around the bush for too long, hope you enjoy the video.

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:15 pm

kei17 wrote:
atm5508 wrote:

I did a search on the distributor of that VHS few years ago. They seemed to be releasing only live-action films and dramas, so I strongly suspected that the VHS contained the Spanish dub of the infamous live-action film made in Taiwan instead of the Harmony-Gold-dub-based Mexican Spanish dub, and I didn't buy it. Anyway, I hope it'll be worth it for you and us.
A while back, I did find a clip of Zero y el Dragon Magico, and it wasn't live action. It appeared to be from the episode where Bulma is pushed out of the way of a moving truck by Yamcha.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:23 pm

Pokewhiz7 wrote:
kei17 wrote:I did a search on the distributor of that VHS few years ago. They seemed to be releasing only live-action films and dramas, so I strongly suspected that the VHS contained the Spanish dub of the infamous live-action film made in Taiwan instead of the Harmony-Gold-dub-based Mexican Spanish dub, and I didn't buy it. Anyway, I hope it'll be worth it for you and us.
A while back, I did find a clip of Zero y el Dragon Magico, and it wasn't live action. It appeared to be from the episode where Bulma is pushed out of the way of a moving truck by Yamcha.
Of course I know what Zero y el Dragón Mágico is, but I'm just suspecting that the VHS on Amazon doesn't contain that dub. It can be a release of the Taiwanese live-action movie just named Zero y el Dragón Mágico. It is especially because Laguna Films, the distributor, seems not to usually release Japanese anime.
Last edited by kei17 on Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:25 pm

kei17 wrote:
Pokewhiz7 wrote:
kei17 wrote:I did a search on the distributor of that VHS few years ago. They seemed to be releasing only live-action films and dramas, so I strongly suspected that the VHS contained the Spanish dub of the infamous live-action film made in Taiwan instead of the Harmony-Gold-dub-based Mexican Spanish dub, and I didn't buy it. Anyway, I hope it'll be worth it for you and us.
Of course I know what Zero y el Dragón Mágico is, but I'm just suspecting that the VHS on Amazon doesn't contain that dub. It can be a release of the Taiwanese live-action movie just named Zero y el Dragón Mágico.
I guess we'll just have to wait until he gets it. :)