Kai Episode 41 (24 January 2010)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Kai Episode 41 (24 January 2010)

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:52 pm

If they are doing redrawns like this, they should've redraw the first half of the episode, because this is where the bad art in anime Namek saga beginning..... First half of this episode is looking like, sorry, shit! It's from one of those horrible drawing teams, because it was originally whole episode drawn like that and in middle of this episode, the art switches to good.
+ together with re-drawn scenes, it's quite painful for my eyes to watch Kai. It looks really horrible together.....
TOEI, TOEI, you should go retire from anime industry finally.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:46 am

Regarding the missing blood and adding it scenes, wasn't it established that they weren't allowed to have blood flying from the mouth but that it was fine for it to at least be there?

I'm pretty sure they added the blood on Vegeta's face to at least present the idea that he got the crap beat out of him and that it did cause him to bleed. Otherwise, it seems strange that there is no blood after the beating he took.

As for removing Tenshinhan and Yamcha, I think it's mainly to stay consistent with the fact that we haven't exactly seen much of the filler segments where we constantly see them going on about the events taking place.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/TsukentoX]YouTube Profile[/url]

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:05 pm

Is the ghosting usually this bad? I know not to trust a fansub for quality, but this is... ugh.

Image.

My apologies for the color, VLC randomly did that when I took a snapshot. It appears normal on the AVI.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:39 am

bkev wrote:Is the ghosting usually this bad? I know not to trust a fansub for quality, but this is... ugh.

Image.

My apologies for the color, VLC randomly did that when I took a snapshot. It appears normal on the AVI.
Don't generalize fansub groups, though.

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:33 pm

I'm actually doing the opposite technically. I'm saying that from fansub group to fansub group quality varies. It's been shown that even RAW caps look different than the final DVDs in terms of color balance.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]