Episode #0219 (09 May 2010)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0219 (09 May 2010)

Post by VegettoEX » Mon May 10, 2010 6:55 am

Episode #0219 (download MP3) (rss feed)
51:29; 96 kbps, mono; 35.3 MB

Episode #0219! VegettoEX and Meri catch up on the last two weeks worth of news. "Kai" has a new ending theme and a certain young, purple-haired boy has made his appearance. There is more "Kai" news in North America, fun distribution across France and Latin America, video game financial figures... busy times for our favorite franchise! Our "Attack of the Saiyans" contest winner is announced and we also read out some of our favorite entries. May's releases and your e-mails round out the show. Referenced sites:
Sorry for the slightly-late post... I went to bed before it was all done and uploaded :P. Enjoy!

(I have more thoughts to share about the ending, such as comparisons with the original DB ending and some of the Z songs... so perhaps I'll do that later in the thread, here... we'll see...)

w0rd.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

KaiserNeko
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Episode #0219 (09 May 2010)

Post by KaiserNeko » Mon May 10, 2010 12:48 pm

By the way, that abrupt switch from that pan-back to the shot of Trunks facing forward is because of what is shown in the wide-shot. They cut a scene where Freeza kills one of his own soldiers and in the pan out, you can see the soldier that he originally killed.

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Mon May 10, 2010 6:54 pm

I love Dende-Goku. I guess I'm in the minority, but she was my favorite voice for his younger self. :(

Mike and Meri, speaking of days long past, remember Otaku Revolution? Er, not the site I blog on now, but the original one. I'm sure at least Meri remembers, since her forum was on there. That, and Rob still uses her in his strips. And me in mine.

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Fri May 14, 2010 1:42 pm

The capital "I" was intentional. The state of being was part of his title, as in Legendary Super Saiyan Broly or Kid Gohan. :lol:

Injured Goku.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Fri May 14, 2010 2:40 pm

Innagadadavida wrote:The capital "I" was intentional. The state of being was part of his title, as in Legendary Super Saiyan Broly or Kid Gohan. :lol:

Injured Goku.
Oh, I figured as much! I loved it :P.
KaiserNeko wrote:By the way, that abrupt switch from that pan-back to the shot of Trunks facing forward is because of what is shown in the wide-shot. They cut a scene where Freeza kills one of his own soldiers and in the pan out, you can see the soldier that he originally killed.
Both Meri and I were ashamed to admit to each other that we forgot about the minion-impalement... >.>
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Fri May 14, 2010 3:39 pm

Nice episode.

However, I will not be satisfied until you review this. It's on your master list of to-do topics, right? Right? Am I right or am I right?

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Fri May 14, 2010 5:21 pm

The Tori-bot wrote:Nice episode.

However, I will not be satisfied until you review this. It's on your master list of to-do topics, right? Right? Am I right or am I right?
Oh, it's on my list. It's right there on my main DragonBall bookshelf.

The real hurdle is, of course... getting even just one of the other hosts to read it...

Innagadadavida
I Live Here

Post by Innagadadavida » Fri May 14, 2010 6:50 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Oh, it's on my list. It's right there on my main DragonBall bookshelf.

The real hurdle is, of course... getting even just one of the other hosts to read it...
That sounds hiralious. I know there are a few other terrible "unofficial guides" out there. Maybe one episode should be a look at all of these lame American cash-ins.

I guess they're not all bad though. I know of one... Its not out yet, but I'm really looking forward to it. The author posted on the forum a few times. The book is called The Dao of Dragon Ball. It looks like a really interesting deep look at the series and its roots, from a real fan. I hope that one day you guys might be able to take a look at this one when it comes out.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Fri May 14, 2010 8:14 pm

I think I remember this one! This was a mother and son duo who wrote this, right? And it came out about ten years ago? And Planet Namek gave it some coverage on their site? Is that the one I'm thinking of?

Hujio

Post by Hujio » Fri May 14, 2010 11:02 pm

VegettoEX wrote:The real hurdle is, of course... getting even just one of the other hosts to read it...
I don't know if it makes any difference to you, but I could probably be convinced to read it. Just throwing it out there...

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Wed May 19, 2010 2:23 pm

Oh, so you plan to review unofficial guide books?

Whatever you bring up, never - ever forget Pojo's "Total Dragon Ball Z". For a fan who used the Internet as an occasional way to look up Dragon Ball informations, Pojo's website used to be one of the big ones for me before I shifted my interests to DaizEX.

http://www.amazon.com/Total-Dragon-Ball ... pd_sim_b_1

Now, correct me if I'm wrong. But did you review this one in an early episode?

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Wed May 19, 2010 2:39 pm

SHINOBI-03 wrote:Whatever you bring up, never - ever forget Pojo's "Total Dragon Ball Z". For a fan who used the Internet as an occasional way to look up Dragon Ball informations, Pojo's website used to be one of the big ones for me before I shifted my interests to DaizEX.
We may have to take a look at that one. It's certainly not something I ever picked up.
SHINOBI-03 wrote:Now, correct me if I'm wrong. But did you review this one in an early episode?

< image snip >
Not a particularly "early" episode, but yeppers! We tackled that one back on Episode #0128

DerekPadula
Regular

Post by DerekPadula » Wed May 19, 2010 11:56 pm

Innagadadavida wrote:
I guess they're not all bad though. I know of one... Its not out yet, but I'm really looking forward to it. The author posted on the forum a few times. The book is called The Dao of Dragon Ball. It looks like a really interesting deep look at the series and its roots, from a real fan. I hope that one day you guys might be able to take a look at this one when it comes out.
Thanks for the comments on the book. There are several reviews of Dragon Ball related books that have been written in English underneath the Book Reviews category of the blog. The Lois and Danny Gresh one is horribly painful to read, but the others are fun and informative. Maybe the reviews can help people decide which ones to buy.

If there are people interested in genuinely reviewing The Dao of Dragon Ball before it launches, then please send a private message. Even if it's not for an article, I would still like to hear feedback from the Dragon Ball community, so please let me know. Thanks again.

Girou

Post by Girou » Thu May 20, 2010 5:32 pm

Wasn't there a book by an 8 year old and his mom? :lol:

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Thu May 20, 2010 8:45 pm

Girou wrote:Wasn't there a book by an 8 year old and his mom? :lol:
Yup, this one.
The Tori-bot wrote: However, I will not be satisfied until you review this. It's on your master list of to-do topics, right? Right? Am I right or am I right?

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Fri May 21, 2010 5:37 am

The Pojo guide is actually a really good guide. It was the source of almost all of my knowledge of Dragon Ball back when I first started watching it.