Did Kid Buu kill Arale?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xeogran
I Live Here

Did Kid Buu kill Arale?

Post by Xeogran » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:10 am

Well i have just been randomly thinking about it. Penguin Village is such a strange place that i don't know if it even is on the same Earth that DB takes place in.

Legendary Saiya-Jin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Did Kid Buu kill Arale?

Post by Legendary Saiya-Jin » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:30 am

Arale's power is maximum, so no.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:33 am

^This. Arale's toon force would probably give her a victory. In reality, yes Kid Buu would knock her head off with a finger.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:41 am

Obviously Senbei, Arale, and the gang just so happened to be out on a week-long adventure through space when Majin Boo attacked.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:57 am

TheMightyOzaru wrote:^This. Arale's toon force would probably give her a victory. In reality, yes Kid Buu would knock her head off with a finger.
I mean when he destroyed the Earth.
Kaboom wrote:Obviously Senbei, Arale, and the gang just so happened to be out on a week-long adventure through space when Majin Boo attacked.
Haha, that's an about right excuse!

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:03 am

Pfff Arale can breath in space and survive planet explosions, duh :roll: .
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:47 pm

TheMightyOzaru wrote: In reality, yes Kid Buu would knock her head off with a finger.
What reality? You mean in the context of Dragon Ball, right? Even still, Arale is just as strong.
Cipher wrote:Also, you can seriously like whatever and still get laid. That's a revelation that'll hit you at some point.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:49 pm

Of course. And due to being a machine like Android 16, Arale was never brought back.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:49 pm

Insertclevername wrote:
TheMightyOzaru wrote: In reality, yes Kid Buu would knock her head off with a finger.
What reality? You mean in the context of Dragon Ball, right? Even still, Arale is just as strong.
In the context of making sense. She is just a little kid. Toon force is often seen as PIS so people disregard it.
Youtube channel:
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:51 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:Of course. And due to being a machine like Android 16, Arale was never brought back.
:lolno: Arale would kick Boo's ass if they were to meet each other.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:58 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:Of course. And due to being a machine like Android 16, Arale was never brought back.
:lolno: Arale would kick Boo's ass if they were to meet each other.
She does have toon force and strength feats better than anyone.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:52 pm

Even if that were true, all the other machines on Earth were brought back.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:22 pm

"Toon force" (who came up with that term, anyway? so stupid-sounding...) being used in fights/power comparisons is nonsense and garbage. Gag characters are not magically omnipotent in non-gag scenarios just because. They can do absurd things way beyond their normal level of power sometimes as a joke, but those kinds of things are not consistent. They can't repeat all of their gag "feats" on a whim, and they don't have that kind of power in non-jokey situations. Arale is not Buu, who is both a goofy character and legitimately powerful when things get serious. Arale is just a gag character. She does have a degree of legitimate super-strength which is way too much for early/mid-Dragonball characters to handle... but so does Piccolo Daimaou, or Kami, or pretty much anyone in DBZ. Most of her super-strength beyond that level is only for the sake of gags and doesn't really count in a non-gag situation.

If not for that one scene where she punches a planet in half as a gag (which isn't even in Dragonball, by the way; that happens in Dr. Slump, which seems to take place in a completely different world than the Dragonball series despite some Dr. Slump characters also appearing in Dragonball), nobody would ever think to compare her to even someone as low down on the planet-destroyer chain as freaking Saiyan saga Vegeta, let alone someone as powerful as Buu. She's a robot, so yeah, she could survive in space if she escaped the blast... but she would not survive a planet-destroying blast too strong for Goku and Vegeta combined to stop.

And no matter how hard somebody can punch, what can it really do to freaking Buu? It's still just a punch, no matter how powerful of a punch it is, and it takes lot more than a plain physical attack to destroy any form of Buu. To destroy Buu you have to completely destroy every last bit of him, not just splatter him to bits with a strong punch. Even a cloud of Buu smoke is enough Buu left for him to regenerate from. In a legitimate fight between the two (even assuming her planet-breaking gag strength is not just for the sake of the gag), he'd just regenerate after the first punch, laugh like a maniac, and then blow her up or turn her into candy just like anybody else. And she is not a magical being created by Potara fusion with absurdly-strong ki, so she would not be the kind of candy that can move.

====

All that said, I actually really like the "they were off on an adventure in space that day, so they missed the planet exploding" explanation. Though it does kind of rob Mr. Satan of his "only resident of Earth who never died (during or before the Buu saga)" title.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:18 pm

Pantalones wrote:If not for that one scene where she punches a planet in half as a gag
Seems like you haven't read/watched Dr. Slump. She has done it more than once, and she has done more things than that.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:30 pm

Pantalones wrote:"Toon force" (who came up with that term, anyway? so stupid-sounding...) being used in fights/power comparisons is nonsense and garbage. Gag characters are not magically omnipotent in non-gag scenarios just because. They can do absurd things way beyond their normal level of power sometimes as a joke, but those kinds of things are not consistent. They can't repeat all of their gag "feats" on a whim, and they don't have that kind of power in non-jokey situations. Arale is not Buu, who is both a goofy character and legitimately powerful when things get serious. Arale is just a gag character. She does have a degree of legitimate super-strength which is way too much for early/mid-Dragonball characters to handle... but so does Piccolo Daimaou, or Kami, or pretty much anyone in DBZ. Most of her super-strength beyond that level is only for the sake of gags and doesn't really count in a non-gag situation.
Gag characters such as Arale tend to turn a non-gag situation into a gag situation just by being there. It doesn't often go the other way around.
And no matter how hard somebody can punch, what can it really do to freaking Buu? It's still just a punch, no matter how powerful of a punch it is, and it takes lot more than a plain physical attack to destroy any form of Buu.
Fundamentally speaking, there's no real difference between the energy in a punch and the energy in an energy blast. It's all about scales.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:49 pm

Kaboom wrote:Obviously Senbei, Arale, and the gang just so happened to be out on a week-long adventure through space when Majin Boo attacked.
Must also explain the Pilaf gang.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:17 am

You know it. :thumbup:
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

MajinAsura

Post by MajinAsura » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:20 pm

Saiga wrote:
You know it. :thumbup:
But android 8 came back to life, remember?
My pet peeves:
People who spell Broly "Brolli"
People who call Beerus "Bills"
People who think that super Saiyan 4 Gogeta is coming back for Fukkatsu no F
People who think Broly can kill ssj3 Goku
People who hate Gohan in the Buu Saga
People who think Broly could kill FREAKIN' BEERUS

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:22 pm

MajinAsura wrote:But android 8 came back to life, remember?
This thread is from last year. You shouldn't necropost.

Anyway, #8 is a human based model like #17 & #18.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:28 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Anyway, #8 is a human based model like #17 & #18.
Didn't Toriyama retcon this?