Funny or ignorant things you've heard a DB fan say?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Funny or ignorant things you've heard a DB fan say?

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:19 pm

Lets be honest there is a-lot of stupid ass dragonball fans. But it's also smart fans who make funny but stupid comments that makes us laugh. Such as jokes about Freeza. In both catagories for me it was from Zagon2 on youtube. He's on metal crack. Just saying but here's some things he said

The manga isn't canon. Garlic Jr Filler Saga is more canon then the manga. DBGT is more canon then the manga. The manga and Dbz KAI is a what if. Dragonball Gt was more seriously then Dragonball Z's History of Trunks. Dbgt had more serious moments then Dragonball and Dbz combine. All Dragonball Fanfics are canon. Battle of gods is fake but he learned it was real and lied and said "The original trailer was leaked and I saw the original trailer first broadcast today in USA while watching the TBS network." Ahh that felt good. Now please tell me some funny or just painful to read dumbest of some DBz fans.
Last edited by TheGmGoken on Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Avenged
Advanced Regular

Re: What is the dumbest thing you ever heard a Db fan say?

Post by Avenged » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:21 pm

You should learn most kids on Youtube and whatnot are only there to troll. So they will say dumb shit just to anger people like you even though they know the info they're saying is wrong.
Dragon Blog Z - A Dragon Ball Z Community

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:22 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:Lets be honest there is a-lot of stupid ass dragonball fans. Let's unleash the hate on this thread. For me it was from Zagon2 on youtube. He's on metal crack. Just saying but here's some things he said

The manga isn't canon. Garlic Jr Filler Saga is more canon then the manga. DBGT is more canon then the manga. The manga and Dbz KAI is a what if. Dragonball Gt was more seriously then Dragonball Z's History of Trunks. Dbgt had more serious moments then Dragonball and Dbz combine. All Dragonball Fanfics are canon. Battle of gods is fake but he learned it was real and lied and said "The original trailer was leaked and I saw the original trailer first broadcast today in USA while watching the TBS network." Ahh that felt good. Now please tell me some funny or just painful to read dumbest of some DBz fans.
Was he serious?

Probably the "DBZ is just people standing around charging energy" people. Most of them have never watched more than 30 seconds of the show, and even more of them have probably never taken a look at the manga.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:25 pm

"Wait, there's a DBZ comic?" :lolno:
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:26 pm

I don't think this thread will be allowed to stay. I'm not sure negative threads are allowed.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:26 pm

Dialog like "Mondo cool", "you'll be eating my fist next", and "Krillin's in da' house!" is better than the original.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:30 pm

Kai Haters
Kai sucks because it has no blood, the old actors are gone. The music sucks (where's faulconer). Freeza sounds like a woman (the irony). The emotion was so much better in Z.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:51 pm

Avenged wrote:You should learn most kids on Youtube and whatnot are only there to troll. So they will say dumb shit just to anger people like you even though they know the info they're saying is wrong.
I'm not an idiot lol. I know that they're either kids or trolls. I'm saying that some things they say are son painful to read it's funny. You know how many times Zagon2 made me laughed cause of the dumb things he said? It's very humorous at times. Lightin up pal! Share us your memories :D

DBZ Mick
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Mick » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:51 pm

Lately... it's mainly Youtube comments or when I'm bored reading the blog sections of the Dragonball wiki or the wiki itself.
It is in his character to be rude and a bit crass. He's a hick, with no formal education. That is Son Goku. That is who he is.

Superman in an orange Gi was the bastard son of FUNimation. Its not The real character, it is as false as Chatku.

-DemonRin

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:56 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:I don't think this thread will be allowed to stay. I'm not sure negative threads are allowed.
Rule #3: Posting Style & Content
This is a Dragon Ball-exclusive community. Unless there is a direct comparison, correlation, or influence being discussed with regard to other franchises, we ask that all conversations and contributions be about and solely about Dragon Ball. All contributions should be polite, accepting, and written properly. Excessive (particularly one-line-quote-and-response) back-and-forths are frowned upon. Please think about your contributions before making them; a simple “Yes” or “I agree”, while having a perfectly fine sentiment behind them, do not actually add anything substantial to the on-going conversations. Just like a single word is not an appropriate response, an image in and of itself is not an appropriate response. No matter what the subject matter, we simply ask that our members bring as much substance to the conversation as possible in as well-written a way as possible.

well from reading this I think this is allowed to a degree. Let's just make the most out of it. How about we don't make this a hate topic. Cause it wasn't suppose to be. It was suppose to be funny dumb things people of Dbz have said. I'll change the title of the topic.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Re: What is funny but dumb things you heard a Db fan say?

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:01 pm

There's this dude called FormidableWarrior on Youtube, a VERY vitriolic FUNI Hater (to the point where several of his videos have been taken down), who uploaded a video saying that Chris Sabat's Piccolo actually sounded BETTER in Season 3 of the old dub than it does now. It was something to the effect of...

"He was tolerable then, but now he sounds like a stupid troll"

While comparing an old Season 3 clip to an DBZ Kai clip. And then I think there was someone on this board who stated that it was his/her theory that the average fan of the old FUNI dub were, on average, less intelligent then the fans of the original version.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

theoriginalbilis
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by theoriginalbilis » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:03 pm

Dragon Ball specific:
"Original Dragon Ball sucks! It's too kiddy!"

"Wow, the Japanese version sucks. Everyone sounds like a girl!"

"Man, that 'Ally to Good, Nightmare to You' speech is awesome."

"DragonBall: Evolution raped my childhood..."

" 'H-ercule' fits the character better than 'Mr. Satan.' "

Anime in general:
"Why would anyone pay for anime? It's all online, man."

"Dub voice actors have no passion and are only doing it for the money." :lol:

I'm sure I'll think of more later...
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:06 pm

While Sabat's performance for Reacoom wasn't all that great in season 3, he didn't sound as derpy (for lack of a better word) as he became in each subsequent itteration. So, I gotta agree with the FormidableWarrior on that issue.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:08 pm

Fionordequester wrote:There's this dude called FormidableWarrior on Youtube, a VERY vitriolic FUNI Hater (to the point where several of his videos have been taken down), who uploaded a video saying that Chris Sabat's Piccolo actually sounded BETTER in Season 3 of the old dub than it does now. It was something to the effect of...

"He was tolerable then, but now he sounds like a stupid troll"

While comparing an old Season 3 clip to an DBZ Kai clip. And then I think there was someone on this board who stated that it was his/her theory that the average fan of the old FUNI dub were, on average, less intelligent then the fans of the original version.
That guy is fucking hilarious. His goal was for people to hate him. That's the point and that's what make him funny. He lost his ability to be funny now he's just Once a month active on his new account http://www.youtube.com/user/FormidableW ... ture=watch. If you EVER get a chance to talk to him. You would realize he's cool.
Last edited by TheGmGoken on Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:08 pm

Stuff about Kanzenshuu being an elitist forum.
But then again I'm posting that in this thread. It still annoys me though.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:09 pm

ABED wrote:While Sabat's performance for Reacoom wasn't all that great in season 3, he didn't sound as derpy (for lack of a better word) as he became in each subsequent itteration. So, I gotta agree with the FormidableWarrior on that issue.
I hate all Rikum voice actors except the Korean one, The JPN one, Cantonese one, and TeamFourStar's.
Last edited by TheGmGoken on Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:13 pm

ABED wrote:While Sabat's performance for Reacoom wasn't all that great in season 3, he didn't sound as derpy (for lack of a better word) as he became in each subsequent itteration. So, I gotta agree with the FormidableWarrior on that issue.
Well, actually he was talking about Piccolo there...though now it sounds like he's more of a parody of FUNI dub haters than anything else.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:18 pm

I don't know why I read "reacoom". I take it back, I guess.
TheGmGoken wrote:
I hate all Rikum voice actors except the Korean one, The Jap one, Cantonese one, and TeamFourStar's.
TeamFourStar NEVER counts as a dub! This is a pet peeve of mine. It's not an official dub, and it's a parody.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:23 pm

I think the people who are butt hurt over Kai are just the fans who refuse to take off their nostalgia glasses. I can't go back to normal DBZ after watching Kai since most of the filler goes nowhere and Freeza's old Funi dub voice is awful. Not to mention Kai is the same show, it's not like the changed the story and everything completely.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:27 pm

ABED wrote:I don't know why I read "reacoom". I take it back, I guess.
TheGmGoken wrote:
I hate all Rikum voice actors except the Korean one, The Jap one, Cantonese one, and TeamFourStar's.
TeamFourStar NEVER counts as a dub! This is a pet peeve of mine. It's not an official dub, and it's a parody.
I NEVER said TFS was a dub. I said Rikum's voice actors. TFS have a Rikum Voice actor does they not?