Gohan might be still stronger than Goku

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Flame Dragon
Regular

Gohan might be still stronger than Goku

Post by Flame Dragon » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:32 am

I just realized that nothing changed from Battle of Gods, power scale wise.
Gohan is still stronger than not-god Goku, so...
Considering everyone can become a SSJ God, if Gohan became SSJ God...
Then SSJ God Gohan > SSJ God Goku

And if Vegeta goes SSJ God too, then the pecking order between the three Saiyans gets identical to the Buu Saga again.

Mmm... i think making SSJ God so easily avaiable was a big mistake for Toei.

Of course, no one will ever suggest Gohan getting SSJ God in the next movie, even throught it just needs a 5 minutes ritual that requires no effort at all and it would only help with whatever they will face next. Because god forbid Gohan does something.

Also SSJ God Gohan might have won against Beerus, but probably Toei would have made him do something stupid like when he fought Cell and Buutenks.
I sure hope the next movie doesn't get "GT (Goku Time) Disease"

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Gohan might be still stronger than Goku

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:57 am

Goku right now is the strongest one. Even before Battle of Gods came, i still thought he was the strongest. Because during the 10 time-skip he continued his training unlike gohan once again, so its normal to me. But Gohan is still on top 3 strongest z-fighters.

The question I had was : Why they made Gohan look so pathetic agaisnt Beerus?! But considering how overpowered he is in the end, that's kinda explained.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:14 am

Flame Dragon wrote:Because god forbid Gohan does something. [/b]
I agree 100% it's not like he killed cell or got 2 movies where he was the main charecter in them right ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:08 pm

Ultimate Gohan is stronger than non-God Goku, but when Goku & Gohan are in the same form (base, SS, SS2), Goku is the strongest, so he should be the strongest as a Super Saiyan God too.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Landcross

Post by Landcross » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:33 pm

This just makes me wish there would be a new, post-GT continuity series with Gohan as the main character, where he starts training again and officially IS the strongest.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:44 pm

Since Goku has absorbed SSJG and no longer needs to transform to use its power, Goku now surpasses Gohan as he has SSJG's power with him at all times. I personally like to think he takes on SSJG's appearance if he goes 100% but as it stands its Base Goku = SSJG Goku, meaning Base Goku > Mystic Gohan.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Flame Dragon
Regular

Post by Flame Dragon » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:22 am

sintzu wrote:
I agree 100% it's not like he killed cell or got 2 movies where he was the main charecter in them right ?
The problem is that he always needed Goku help to finish the job.
Garlic Jr. Defeated Himself
Bojack, Goku gave Gohan a speech (morale boost)
Super Perfect Cell, Goku gave Gohan a speech (morale boost)
Broly, Goku and Goten helped with the Kamehameha struggle.

And when he was alone, aka Super Buu, he fucked up again. Even through he should have learned with Cell, he was made stupid again just to allow Goku to do his thing.
Gohan never managed to accomplish anything alone. It's like Toei and Toriyama think he's a retarded baby that can't be allowed to walk on his own.

I realy hope next movie is about Vegeta AND GOHAN.
It's boring to see always the same character do everything.

Landcross

Post by Landcross » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:55 am

I thought I had read in the past that Toriyama kept wanting to make Gohan the focus but the fans always wanted more Goku, so he kept bringing him back front and center.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:55 am

Flame Dragon wrote:
sintzu wrote:
The problem is that he always needed Goku help to finish the job.
Garlic Jr. Defeated Himself
Bojack, Goku gave Gohan a speech (morale boost)
Super Perfect Cell, Goku gave Gohan a speech (morale boost)
Broly, Goku and Goten helped with the Kamehameha struggle.

And when he was alone, aka Super Buu, he fucked up again. Even through he should have learned with Cell, he was made stupid again just to allow Goku to do his thing.
Gohan never managed to accomplish anything alone. It's like Toei and Toriyama think he's a retarded baby that can't be allowed to walk on his own.

I realy hope next movie is about Vegeta AND GOHAN.
It's boring to see always the same character do everything.
Funny that Bootenkiccolo mocked Gohan on how he constantly had to have his hand held in the FUNimation Dub.
Last edited by DBZAOTA482 on Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Low Tone G » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:41 pm

Personally I've thought seeing that Beerus was impressed by SSJ3 Goku that he was the strongest that time, followed by Mystic Gohan, and SSJ3 Gotenks, and SSJ2 Vegeta.

And the statemtent of Master Roshi that Vegeta surpassed Goku, and Goku admitting that Vegeta was above him, when Vegeta said, when angry he surpassed EVEN Goku, makes me feel that using SSJ3 made Goku stronger than the fusion of Trunks and Goten and Mystic Gohan. But Gohan was one hit for Beerus, when Beerus was struggling with Mr. Buu, makes me think Gohan was surpassed once again. Just like in the Cell games when Goku was below Gohan just in SSJ, but after Cell games he become more powerfull than SSJ2 Gohan from Cell games. I think isn't at all impossible that he couldn't have done that once again during 4-5 years timeskip.
Last edited by Low Tone G on Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:57 pm

Gohan still is the strongest. Just not in whatever continuity BOG takes place in (anime?).

Goku ever surpassing Gohan with normal training is also completely contradictory to the meager gains he got from seven straight years or super special god training.

And if Gotenks got the god form, EVERYONE would be fodder.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Super Vegetto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Super Vegetto » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:05 pm

Movie plot is always like this: Goku > Vegeta > Gohan/Gotenks. When Goku is dead it's: Gohan > Vegeta > Gotenks..

Vegeta will never be n1 because he simply can't fit in main character profile, and we obviously won't see Goku dead anymore so Gohan will never be strongest hero in movie,,only if it's made in new manga...

Low Tone G

Post by Low Tone G » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:21 pm

Super Vegetto wrote:Movie plot is always like this: Goku > Vegeta > Gohan/Gotenks. When Goku is dead it's: Gohan > Vegeta > Gotenks..

Vegeta will never be n1 because he simply can't fit in main character profile, and we obviously won't see Goku dead anymore so Gohan will never be strongest hero in movie,,only if it's made in new manga...
Yeah, in movie 13 Vegeta also performed better than Ultimate Gohan... :P It's ridiculous, but it's true.

As for SSJ Gohan would be stronger than Goku, and everyone else in SSj God, it's completely useless after the movie, because there is no guarantee that Gohan is also able to do what his fater did, to absorb Godly energy within him. Even if in the future it would be a need for Gohan to get SSJ God transformation and he will manage to beat the villain because he would be stronger than his father using SSJ God, it doesn't mean that Gohan could keep the power-up unlike his father did.

MDSTSSJ
Regular

Post by MDSTSSJ » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:12 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:Gohan still is the strongest. Just not in whatever continuity BOG takes place in (anime?).

Goku ever surpassing Gohan with normal training is also completely contradictory to the meager gains he got from seven straight years or super special god training.

And if Gotenks got the god form, EVERYONE would be fodder.
We don't know for sure if hybrids can become SSJGOD.

Goku told Vegeta ( before killing Mr. Boo ) that he would become stronger. Goku knows he needs to find other methods of training to overcome the SSJ3 limits and disadvantages. knowing that, during the 10 time-skip Kakarotto still continued his hard training. Then, Goku have his hard training with the powerful Oob ( a unique sparring partner like we have never seen) and resulting another transformation achieved for Kakarotto as we seen in GT.

And the best of all, Goku still continues at the beginning of his prime!

If I take BoG into account, Goku absorbs the SSJGOD powers and also has an immeasurable power.

If Gohan does not train, he can not be stronger! Giving again more free power to Gohan, would be very very bad for his character development I think.

At least Kakarotto has earned every drop of his power and deserves even more!

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:26 pm

He didn't earn most of it actually. His biggest boosts have all come from overnight power ups. Like the god water. Or his x33 zenkai.

Doesn't matter. The gap between them is simply too far to bridge in Goku's lifetime. Besides, Toriyama said that Goku at the beginning of BOG is his absolute max, and he's still waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay weaker than Gohan. His base is below Freeza.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Low Tone G

Post by Low Tone G » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:31 pm

Doesn't matter. The gap between them is simply too far to bridge in Goku's lifetime. Besides, Toriyama said that Goku at the beginning of BOG is his absolute max, and he's still waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay weaker than Gohan. His base is below Freeza.
That wasn't Toriyama actually said. He said that almost every character is on his maximum. So in that case it could be Gohan who has reached his limits, or Vegeta, not necessarily Goku.
Last edited by Low Tone G on Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:32 pm

Actually, he said everyone.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

Low Tone G

Post by Low Tone G » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:42 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:Actually, he said everyone.
Yeah, I've checked it out, You right. I remembered that he said almost, but he didn't.

garnetjester
Beyond Newbie

Post by garnetjester » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:09 pm

I think that considering how Fetus!Pan could contribute her energy for Goku to transform into a SSG, and she's a 1/4 saiyan, then probably anyone with a bit of saiyan blood in them could transform into SSG
"Giving up is something we can do anytime, so let's head on, even if it's just a little bit!"

sekzee
Beyond Newbie

Post by sekzee » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:40 pm

If A and B are mostly similar and A carries dominant genes, it is unlikely that C will be more like B if A's genes continue to be dominant.

And AT would say that he picked that period in time since they're at their maximum since he is about to face them off against a God.