Dragon Ball Stand in "Anime Japan Convention 2014"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Morgil

Re: Dragon Ball Stand in "Anime Japan Convention 2014"

Post by Morgil » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:18 pm

B wrote:It amuses me to no end that America's contribution to DBZ, shitty Blu-rays and merchandise with a mistranslation-turned-meme, are sitting right on that table.
I know, it's awesome, ain't it. :thumbup:
sintzu wrote:
Avenged wrote:Sean Schemmel stated it is not up to FOX to dub the movie via his Twitter.
That's good news

When dose funimation usually announce new anime series and movies ?
Hopefully soon. I'm aching to see it, but i don't wanna watch some Raw Japanese video that i can't understand. I could watch a subbed version, but i find reading subtitles to be a chore and i refuse to support fansubs for numerous reasons that i won't go into here.
[url]http://forums.chozosanctuary.com/[/url]

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:18 pm

Morgil wrote:I could watch a subbed version, but i find reading subtitles to be a chore and i refuse to support fansubs for numerous reasons that i won't go into here.
There's always the Hong Kong Blu-ray but,

A) There are a few typos
B) "Bills"
C) Now that there's a "creator's cut," There's hope FUNimation/FOX/Somebody who has yet to release the film gets that.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

MagicBox
Advanced Regular

Post by MagicBox » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:37 pm

I know we're not getting any new information from this, but the thought that "Battle Of Gods" might already be licensed for America is exciting.

FUNimation, to me, seems like the kind of company to give us the theatrical version first and then use the profits from that to license the "director's cut" and milk that cow as well. We could possibly get both. It's great.

What do the random screenshots on the map represent? Like, why does America get the screenshots of the Goku/Vegeta fight?
"Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

dbgt

Post by dbgt » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:43 pm

UPDATE
added some information, pics to first post

The map in the dragon ball booth: All green countries is where Dragon Ball was officially transmitted, countries with a star is where Battle of the Gods has been released or will be released(probably), Pictures showed in the map dont have any special meaning, were chosen at random just to show subtitles in different languages. C

About the dragon ball kai event: It lasted for 40 minutes, from 13:00 to 13:40. Masako Nozawa was first invited to the stage, she then talked about dragon ball specially about Goku, Gohan and Goten, after this a Toei representative (I dont know what position or the name of the person) joined the stage to talk about the picture differences between old dragon ball majin buu arc and this, the process involved that they used, picture quality, before and after pictures and videos, etc From the 40 minutes this part was the longest, maybe taking 25 min. After this the announcer, Masako Nozawa and the Toei representative left the stage and Takayoshi Tanimoto appeared to give a live perfomance of Dragon Soul and the new opening song “Kuu-Zen-Zetsu-Go”. It was awesome!

Then Masako Nozawa and the announcer came back to the stage, Masako Nozawa started to use the voice of Goku and said something like this "Hey, I'm Goku! Please watch the new Majin Buu Arc, I am sure you will enjoy it!". Finally they ended the event with the Kamehameha (video first).

is it possible to upload non related dragon ball pics about the event?
Last edited by dbgt on Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:54 pm

Look to America, a lot of countries will get/got BoG.
Now, look to Europe :(
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:03 pm

What's these Dragon Ball Z Kai DVDs that look like books from?
FortuneSSJ wrote:Look to America, a lot of countries will get/got BoG.
Now, look to Europe :(
As long as FOX/FUNimation release it in US on Blu-ray with Region B (Europe) compatibility that's all I care about. :P
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

Morgil

Post by Morgil » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:12 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
What's these Dragon Ball Z Kai DVDs that look like books from?
I was wondering that, myself. Particularly, the blue part of the logo looks a bit weird.
[url]http://forums.chozosanctuary.com/[/url]

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:17 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:Where are these Dragon Ball Z Kai DVDs that look like books from?
As kei17 said on the previous page, those are from Thailand.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:56 pm

Hopefully there's a video of the new song performance floating around somewhere.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

RocktheDragon
Regular

Post by RocktheDragon » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:01 am

Big Momma wrote:Hopefully there's a video of the new song performance floating around somewhere.
Yup I agree with that. As soon as I heard that the new song had been performed at the event my ears naturally perked up but I haven't found anything about that online yet. I'm sure someone had to have video taped it. Even a low quality phone recording would do me some kind of good at this point. Better than having to wait a full two weeks for the premiere.
Kyle Broflovski wrote:It's all real. Think about it. Haven't Luke Skywalker and Santa Claus affected your lives more than most real people in this room? I mean, whether Jesus is real or not, he - he's had a bigger impact on the world than any of us have. And the same can be said for Bugs Bunny and - and Superman and Harry Potter. They've changed my life - changed the way I act on the earth. Doesn't that make them kind of real? They might be imaginary but, but they're more important than most of us here. And they're all gonna be around here long after we're dead. So, in a way, those things are more realer than any of us.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:32 am

dbgt said cameras weren't allowed, and a guy in a suit spotted him during the few times he snuck in some snaps. There most likely is not a full video of the set.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:58 am

I recall Funi announced the rights to Eva 3.0 around Spring time. I think Funi will announced something soon and I hope for some type screening in Maryland or DC. I local meet up with Kanzenshuu members from Maryland or close near by that state would be cool.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:05 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:I recall Funi announced the rights to Eva 3.0 around Spring time

And then they went and pushed back our home release. :?
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

TheKingOfKamehamehas
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheKingOfKamehamehas » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:26 am

Yeah! Looks like a win for American fans. I think they are going to announce it soon since they put it on the map, but they could just announce it another 1 year later. We know BOG is going to happen since DB is very popular in America. As for the american merchandise, I bet Japanese fans were like They Got Blu Rays Before US :shock: .
JacobYBM wrote:Art is subjective but boobies are forever.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:42 am

The Funi DBZ blu-rays are pretty bad and the Dragon Boxes still look better. I don't think any of the Japanese fans will be jelly over us.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:47 am

Canada's got gypped again.... No BoG, no dub, nothing.
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

dbgt

Post by dbgt » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:08 am

Big Momma wrote:Hopefully there's a video of the new song performance floating around somewhere.
Mmm well its possible but not likely, you know for the most part japanese people dont break the rules, and 90% of the convention attendees were japanese.. besides no one was expecting this.

Also, I attended the con on the 22 of March and posted this videos and pictures on the 23 at 11:30 pm (as this was the time I arrived to my city from Tokyo). I was surprised this content was not yet uploaded, I had thought this would be all over the internet by the time I arrive my home the next day. So if not even pictures of the dragon ball booth were uploaded, theres little chance a video of the new song was recorded or uploaded.

It would have been possible to record it if I were far away from the stage as it was open.

I think its a good catchy song but I like dragon soul more, but who knows I have only heard it 1 time.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:58 am

dbgt wrote:UPDATE
added some information, pics to first post

The map in the dragon ball booth: All green countries is where Dragon Ball was officially transmitted, countries with a star is where Battle of the Gods has been released or will be released(probably), Pictures showed in the map dont have any special meaning, were chosen at random just to show subtitles in different languages. C

[
It wouldn't make any sense if Battle of Gods doesn't get released in France seeing how incredibly popular it is there! I really feel bummed now... I had planned to fly from Norway to France to see the movies at the cinéma, both dubbed and subbed (hey, they released one piece film z dubbed and subbed in cinéma...)

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:42 pm

I don't think that Battle of Gods will never come to France. This may mean that France will not get Battle of Gods any time soon or that Battle of Gods will not be screened in France (Home Release only). I think that Home Releases are possible for all the European countries as well.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:42 pm

TheRed259 wrote:I don't think that Battle of Gods will never come to France. This may mean that France will not get Battle of Gods any time soon or that Battle of Gods will not be screened in France (Home Release only). I think that Home Releases are possible for all the European countries as well.
B-But... They showed One Piece subbed and dubbed! Also, I doubt Battle of Gods will ever see the light in Scandinavia.