Dragon Ball Stand in "Anime Japan Convention 2014"

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbgt

Re: Dragon Ball Stand in "Anime Japan Convention 2014"

Post by dbgt » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:09 pm

UPDATE 2

This is from a Japanese site.

The Toei representative I mentioned that appeared on stage was Norihiro Hayashida; one of the producers of the Majin Buu Arc.

He mentioned that its their intention to make this Arc as faithful to the manga as possible, some examples are:

Majin Buu with crossed arms (left arm on top of right) in manga but it was the opposite on the anime:
Another example that will be fixed is Goku´s halo that was missing during a scene from the anime:
and some other little mistakes will be fixed to be as faithful to the manga as possible

I have not confirmed these mistakes, I'm lazy to check, and I repeat, i got this from a Japanese site. (my Japanese is far from perfect and that was what I understood, I didnt catch these at the event there was a lot of noise as it was an open stage)

I also got these 2 last images from the same site, I did saw this poster but my camera battery was dead by that time.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:12 pm

dbgt wrote:I also got these 2 last images from the same site, I did saw this poster but my camera battery was dead by that time.
Hmm. Seems we're going to be getting more of young Goku in his battle jacket and not just Gine. I'll be looking forward to the 4th.

EDIT: Actually, I'm willing to bet that little image is Gine telling Goku that he's being shipped out, either because it's his time or because Freeza is up there about to do the explode the planet thing.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:46 pm

https://twitter.com/dbfor_rien/status/4 ... 09/photo/1 has a slightly clearer picture of the cover. Child Gokû looks really concerned there. If that's Toriyama's art, it's impressively on-model compared to some other recent DB art I've seen from him (where everyone seems to have extra-wide faces).

Can you image-embed twitter photos here? If so, it's:
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!