Is Mystic Gohan essentially Full Power Super Saiyan 2?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Yin Yang

Is Mystic Gohan essentially Full Power Super Saiyan 2?

Post by Yin Yang » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:02 am

Since he's not in super sayain he doesn't have to keep up the strain of the Super saiyan transformation, so it doesn't tax his ki source. So he should be able to use the Full power of SSJ2.

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Re: Is Mystic Gohan essentially Full Power Super Saiyan 2?

Post by Darkprince410 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:33 am

It's far more than just that. Rou Kaioushin stated that his ability raises a fighter's power beyond its natural limits:
Chapter: 479 (DBZ 285), P10.1-5
Elder Kaioshin: “With my psychic powers, I can take the hidden power which anyone has, no matter how amazing a master they may be, and draw it wa~~ay, wa~~ay out above their limits. Ehehehehe…Have you ever heard of an ability like that?”
So it's not just a matter of there not being any stress or strain from the form. He's considerably stronger in that form than he was as a Super Saiya-jin 2.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:17 am

Hell his unlocked potential state is better than a Super Saiyan 3 form.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Diotor
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diotor » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:27 am

Yin Yang wrote:Since he's not in super sayain he doesn't have to keep up the strain of the Super saiyan transformation, so it doesn't tax his ki source. So he should be able to use the Full power of SSJ2.
Considering everyone is stunned when Gohan first transforms on the Kaio's planet (including Goku) I'd say that his Mystic power up is considerably above a SSj3, let alone SSj2.

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Low Tone G » Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:28 am

I think we can think of Mystic Gohan as a Fully powered Super Saiyan, as Toriyama said ssj2&3 are only powered up variations of the basic SSJ. So I think Mystic Gohan's power was magically drawn to its limits. Vegeta could be stronger or weaker than Mystic Gohan in that rage moment, it only depends on Toriyama's concept as Vegeta being a full-blooded Saiyan can be stronger than a half-blooded one or not(I know there's the theory that half-breeds are naturally stronger, but Toriyama can refuse that belief, if he needs).
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:11 am

The way I see it it's SS3 Gohan + extra power from ritual - SS3 strain.

Nad45

Post by Nad45 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:23 am

For me, Mystic Gohan' power is SSJ3 Gohan (if he had trained intensively after Cell' death) + rage Boost (if you kill Chichi in front of him) + bonus from the ritual

freezamite
Banned

Post by freezamite » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:30 am

The mystic state is the hidden potential of a saiyan without the strain of turning into a SSJ to break the walls imposed by the normal base state. In other words, if Gohan could reach SSJ3 (the highest level of SSJ we know of) and master it even further he would approach the strength he would have as Mystic Gohan and if the SSJ could be mastered to a degree where it could cause no strain to the body it would eventually reach the Mystic form.

The mystic form is the advantages of turning into a SSJ added to the advantages of not turning into a SSJ, this would be absolutely fearsome in hands of Goku and his kaioh ken.

Diotor
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diotor » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:37 am

Nad45 wrote:For me, Mystic Gohan' power is SSJ3 Gohan (if he had trained intensively after Cell' death) + rage Boost (if you kill Chichi in front of him) + bonus from the ritual
You forgot to mention it doesn't strain his body so essentially he could remain in his powered up state indefinently.

Gokuden
Regular

Post by Gokuden » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:48 am

More powerful than a Full Power Super Saiyan 2, he could stomp SSJ3 Goku, but don't know about Janemba. A full power SSJ2 could have been Goku had he not held back against Vegeta during their little tango dance before Gohan gets 'killed'.

I'm still stuck on the no strain, I read somewhere that Super Saiyan degrees alter one's state of mind. Do they also increase motory senses, and thinking ability? What if Gohan was easily able to achieve his education with the Ultimate-Mystic altered state of mind?

Maybe a full power SSJ2 could have brought down Fat Buu, just barely, as Goku was holding back, and showing off at the same time.
That time your teacher asked you to draw Cell in biology class.
This man is my hero:
To be perfectly honest, I couldn't care less about the fans a re-issue might alienate because if all they're concerned about is being able to scalp the people who were either unaware of the Dragon Boxes or couldn't afford them at the time, they're just leeches and deserve to have their greed backfire on them.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:34 am

Seeing as how it's a consensus among the more knowledgeable Dragon Ball fanbase that Gohan is superior to SSJ3 Goku, whether by 2x or 1000x is irrelevant, I'd say his power far surpasses one of a "Full Power Super Saiyan 2".

Tectorman
Regular

Post by Tectorman » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:08 pm

I figure FPSSJ2 is what Vegeta was using on Beers. The Mystic power-up does far more (though whether Mystic Gohan is still above this theoretical FPSSJ2 by BoG is, I think, less clear).
Twilight: My library?! My library!! Do you have any idea how many books I had in there?!
Lord Tirek: How many, little princess?
Twilight: Over NINE THOUSAND!!!

GogesusSSG
Not-So-Newbie

Post by GogesusSSG » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:24 pm

Mystic Gohan during the buu arc was likely above what SS3 Gogeta would have been during the same time period(he does however, have a very poor performance in Battle of Gods hopefully this was more due being drunk than being surpassed by Vegeta and pre God power up Goku). I can see why many would think of his power relating to SS2 as he never transformed to SS3 but with his enraged powers as Vegeta shown in BOG that they can close and sometimes surpass the gap between SS2 and 3 momentarily. Essentially, him not becoming a SS3 wasn't as much of a loss towards his Elder Kai ritual than without the rage boost.

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Low Tone G » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:28 pm

GogesusSSG wrote:Mystic Gohan during the buu arc was likely above what SS3 Gogeta would have been during the same time period(he does however, have a very poor performance in Battle of Gods hopefully this was more due being drunk than being surpassed by Vegeta and pre God power up Goku). I can see why many would think of his power relating to SS2 as he never transformed to SS3 but with his enraged powers as Vegeta shown in BOG that they can close and sometimes surpass the gap between SS2 and 3 momentarily. Essentially, him not becoming a SS3 wasn't as much of a loss towards his Elder Kai ritual than without the rage boost.
I do not think of Gogeta to be out-classed by Ultiamte/Mystic Gohan. No way. SSJ3 Gotenks was able to hold his own against Super Buu and Buuthenks was stronger than Mystic Gohan, so I do not see SSJ3 Goteta being below Mystic Gohan. I think SSJ Gogeta is still above Mystic Gohan, so Base Gogeta on par with or weaker than SSJ3 Goku.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

GogesusSSG
Not-So-Newbie

Post by GogesusSSG » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:54 pm

Low Tone G wrote:
GogesusSSG wrote:Mystic Gohan during the buu arc was likely above what SS3 Gogeta would have been during the same time period(he does however, have a very poor performance in Battle of Gods hopefully this was more due being drunk than being surpassed by Vegeta and pre God power up Goku). I can see why many would think of his power relating to SS2 as he never transformed to SS3 but with his enraged powers as Vegeta shown in BOG that they can close and sometimes surpass the gap between SS2 and 3 momentarily. Essentially, him not becoming a SS3 wasn't as much of a loss towards his Elder Kai ritual than without the rage boost.
I do not think of Gogeta to be out-classed by Ultiamte/Mystic Gohan. No way. SSJ3 Gotenks was able to hold his own against Super Buu and Buuthenks was stronger than Mystic Gohan, so I do not see SSJ3 Goteta being below Mystic Gohan. I think SSJ Gogeta is still above Mystic Gohan, so Base Gogeta on par with or weaker than SSJ3 Goku.
So you'd have Vegeta over twice as strong as Goten post ROSAT in the same form?(I mention these two as they're the weaker ones in their respective fusions and the gaps between them and the stronger ones don't count towards the resultant fusions power) otherwise SS3 Gogeta wouldn't have done any better against Buutenks than Gohan did.

Galan007
Regular

Post by Galan007 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:34 pm

I hate using these fan-terms, but here we go...
SSJ Vegetto(and presumably SSJ Gogeta)>>>>>>Buuhan>>Buutenks>Mystic Gohan>>>>Super Buu~/>SSJ3 Gotenks>>>SSJ3 Goku(full power)>>Pure Buu>Fat Buu>>SSJ2 Majin Vegeta=SSJ2 Goku>SSJ2 Gohan(Cell era.)

In short, Mystic Gohan is vastly beyond even a SSJ3. SSJ2-level power is absolutely nothing in comparison.

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:56 pm

Low Tone G wrote:
The boys, even before their training in the Room of Spirit and Time, were fairly close to their fathers in terms of strength, given how close it was stated they were in relation to Gohan. With the training in the Room, and the significant increase attested to by Piccolo, the gap between the boys and their fathers was even lower. As such, Gogeta and Gotenks aren't going to be that different in terms of strength in the same form, so there's no way that Ssj Gogeta is above Gohan. Ssj3 is the only form Gogeta has that would put him in the same range as Gohan, but even then, it's uncertain whether he'd be stronger than him.

singsing
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by singsing » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:22 am

Darkprince410 wrote:
Low Tone G wrote:
The boys, even before their training in the Room of Spirit and Time, were fairly close to their fathers in terms of strength, given how close it was stated they were in relation to Gohan. With the training in the Room, and the significant increase attested to by Piccolo, the gap between the boys and their fathers was even lower. As such, Gogeta and Gotenks aren't going to be that different in terms of strength in the same form, so there's no way that Ssj Gogeta is above Gohan. Ssj3 is the only form Gogeta has that would put him in the same range as Gohan, but even then, it's uncertain whether he'd be stronger than him.
Both Goku and Vegeta are above/on par with SSJ2 enraged Gohan from the CG, who was vastly superior to anyone else at the time. Gohan was stated to have lost no power since then, but has no access to his rage, which makes him much weaker. So SSJ2 Goku/Vegeta/Teen Gohan >> SSJ2 Adult Gohan. If the kids are close to Gohan, that in no way means they are close to the adults, as the adults are as strong as a SSJ2 Gohan with a hefty rage boost on top of it, meaning their regular SSJ forms, and thus base forms, are far above what Gohan had back in the CG, and since he had lost no power, what Gohan has at the start of the Buu arc.

Also, I take Elder Kai's statement assessing Vegeta and Goku fusing into Vegetto as a general statement about fusion between those two, so Gogeta wouldn't be vastly inferior to Vegetto IMO.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:02 am

Darkprince410 wrote:The boys, even before their training in the Room of Spirit and Time, were fairly close to their fathers in terms of strength, given how close it was stated they were in relation to Gohan. With the training in the Room, and the significant increase attested to by Piccolo, the gap between the boys and their fathers was even lower. As such, Gogeta and Gotenks aren't going to be that different in terms of strength in the same form, so there's no way that Ssj Gogeta is above Gohan. Ssj3 is the only form Gogeta has that would put him in the same range as Gohan, but even then, it's uncertain whether he'd be stronger than him.
Pretty much. People just hate the idea of a Goku & Vegeta fusion not being that special. Gogeta is arguably even more overrated than Broly.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:57 am

Mystic Gohan is on a whole new level if compared to Super Saiyan 2. Hell, him having all of his latent power unlocked made Super Saiyan redundant and Old Kai even stated he shouldn't bother transforming into a Super Saiyan anymore.