Predictions for next arc or film?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Skar
I Live Here

Predictions for next arc or film?

Post by Skar » Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:14 pm

We've had a few threads about this topic but maybe there could be some new ideas based on how SH and Granolah arc ended. We're about a year or two away from EoZ assuming the manga also jumps ahead to after SH. I've had some ideas but they seem unlikely to happen so I'd like to hear others!

theherodjl
I Live Here

Re: Predictions for next arc or film?

Post by theherodjl » Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:15 am

I'd like to see an official introduction of Sun Wukong in a Monkey King arc. I've had a fanfic idea wherein Sun Wukong has spent eons trapped within the confines of a magical realm by Beerus, a punishment as the result of causing the God of Destruction some grief in the distant past and because there was no way to kill or Hakai the Monkey King due to him being immortal. Sun Wukong would have been spent the years training and scheming for a way to retrieve the key to his way out of his prison, the Nyoi-Bo, and by chance, learning that it's on Earth from a certain, careless deliveryman. Sun Wukong would hitch one of his doubles onto the deliveryman's ship and bit of hijinks would ensue.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:51 pm

Well, it better be about Freeza and his new empire.
It's about time they address the big black elephant in the room, it's been 2 arcs and 2 movies since Freeza was revived, two of those stories were about him and the last one had him finally be what Geets foresaw in Broly, and now Freeza holds all the cards. So the fifth story arc should deal with him, or at least his existence should start affecting our guys. Hopefully, after EoZ and not another story crammed in between the ToP and THE END.

The status quo of the Namek arc is kinda back. I don't see a new arc postponing Freeza, who I guess should start making his move now, whatever that might be (using the saiyans for something, kidnapping Broly, holding auditions for a new Tokusentai, challenging Beerus, going to another universe... ).
We have so many OP characters available now (Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Broly, Granola -if he survives, Piccolo, Gotenks), that Freeza having a new group of elite soldiers(whoever helped him train for a decade, or from other universes, maybe?) could make it for an interesting bout, so it's not everybody against just one guy, DBS has had plenty of those.
I'd love to see Freeza's homeplanet, don't care if it's his birth planet or if it's the planet were he resides. I wouldn't mind getting more lore about him and his race, although we never even got an explanation about the 2-set DB with no cooldown that were key in the last arc, so probably that won't happen.

I don't know what motivations could Freeza have. By now, I can only see him trying to dethrone Beerus, but because he's moved past from wishing for immortality, and killing Goku is something he chose not to do recently, so he is not consumed by that desire anymore.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:37 pm

2023 is exactly 10 years since BoG released, so it would be the best possible time to have a Goku and Vegeta vs Beerus rematch movie or manga arc. Movie format would be more symbolical for it, but I doubt they'll have another one ready for next year.

Just get it done with, then finally admit that Black Frieza surpassed Beerus as well, so that he can be the main dish for the next arc.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:13 pm

These are some cool predictions! My prediction is that the manga has one or two arcs left before it ends since it would've lasted as long as the original manga by then. One of those could be about Freeza as the final villain. Each film had a timeskip of at least a year so next one could take place same year as EoZ which would also last as long as the origunal anime or at least the films.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:01 pm

Not a prediction but

I would like to see the real strongest person Beerus ever fought. Maybe he based his lie about Monaka on someone from long ago.

Also, seeing the demon who killed Jiren's master would be cool.

A Cooler-Frieza story inspired by Hamlet as well.

And I'd like to see a little bit of what Goku and Uub did after they took off...

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:38 am

Not a prediction but a wish:

- I would love a movie with the same tone and balance between serious and light moments as Super Hero, but this time with Goku and Uub where Goku would teach an important lesson to Uub.

- Would take place In Universe 7 but not on Earth.

- New villain.

- No new transformations for anyone on the main cast.

- 2D is always my first choice but I wouldn't mind CGI if it has the Super Hero quality, which should be the standard for every DB CGI movie or scene from now on.

- Same composer and character designer from Super Hero.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:26 am

Peach wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:01 pmA Cooler-Frieza story inspired by Hamlet as well.
Thank you, I've just imagined King Cold teaching the Circle of Life to Freeza, they must conquer all lives (from the crawling Saiyans to the leaping gods); telling Freeza that his father told him to look at the stars and the great kings of the past would guide him, just as he will one day be there to guide Freeza too; and finally, King Cold, appearing as a ghost, telling Freeza to remember who he is.

One of the best laughs I've had in a while, thank you. :lol: (You mentioned Harmlet I remembered The Lion King, you'll forgive me).

Holy hell, this would actually be awesome. I presume Cooler would be Scar here, while kinda interesting to see more of him (in this specific take), I would be even more interested in the fact that this would be the perfect opportunity to finally present Kuriza (and possibly his sibling) at the end of the saga or movie.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:29 am

Hopefully, it will be set after Super Hero or Uub. I don't want Cell Max to be the final villain of the timeline.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/