Dragon ball Z Episodes that the French opening used.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragon ball master
Beyond Newbie

Dragon ball Z Episodes that the French opening used.

Post by Dragon ball master » Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:37 pm

What episodes were using the French dragon ball z opening?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A21-0Il2ZD4

Brilliant_Gear_258
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Dragon ball Z Episodes that the French opening used.

Post by Brilliant_Gear_258 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:16 pm

For the OP footage, it was used for episodes 1 - 274. The first version of the French theme was used for Episodes 1 - 199, while the "1995 Remix" was used for Episodes 200 - 274, while they probably used the Japanese OP and ED for 275 - 291 for home video releases and TV broadcast on Mangas and some chosen channels (probably unknown reasons). The other OP which used clips from Episodes 1 - 3 and Ending 1 was planned to be the OP intro for the first broadcast, but they used it for their dubs of Movies 1 - 9, along with the Iberian Spanish dubs and the German dub of Movie 1. Speaking of Movie 1, there existed a Polish Lektor version of Movie 1 (along with Movies 2 and 3), released on VHS by Planet Manga, which used the Movie Intro, with Polish Voiceover, but Movies 2 and 3 used the Japanese OP (Movie 2 used the instrumental version, while Movie 3 used the Japanese OP with original vocals).

Dragon ball master
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragon ball master » Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:59 am

Hay could you do more research about the Serbian dub the opening is 1995 remix but with the only words is dragon ball z. It's basically like the european sonic x opening.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQSIzfIAQFA

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:25 am

Dragon ball master wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:59 am Hay could you do more research about the Serbian dub the opening is 1995 remix but with the only words is dragon ball z. It's basically like the european sonic x opening.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQSIzfIAQFA
It's the second French DBZ opening. I really like this one.

Joujou
Banned

Post by Joujou » Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:38 am

Brilliant_Gear_258 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:16 pm For the OP footage, it was used for episodes 1 - 274. The first version of the French theme was used for Episodes 1 - 199, while the "1995 Remix" was used for Episodes 200 - 274, while they probably used the Japanese OP and ED for 275 - 291 for home video releases and TV broadcast on Mangas and some chosen channels (probably unknown reasons). The other OP which used clips from Episodes 1 - 3 and Ending 1 was planned to be the OP intro for the first broadcast, but they used it for their dubs of Movies 1 - 9, along with the Iberian Spanish dubs and the German dub of Movie 1. Speaking of Movie 1, there existed a Polish Lektor version of Movie 1 (along with Movies 2 and 3), released on VHS by Planet Manga, which used the Movie Intro, with Polish Voiceover, but Movies 2 and 3 used the Japanese OP (Movie 2 used the instrumental version, while Movie 3 used the Japanese OP with original vocals).
basically.......he just asked which episodes were used to build this opening as it's only episodes footage :D :D :D lol not when they were used

And....you are almost totally wrong about what you are saying, i'm french and i've seen the original run (and most of the rerun) so even if i can't remember precisely some stuffs, i can say few things

1) There is one thing that you in USA just cannot understand as i countless time see this big mistake in lot of topics talking about AB stuffs
opening song AREN'T LINKED to episode but the show like club dorothée etc so they regularly change opening song even in rerun
as an example, saint seiya used the song "les chevaliers du zodiaque" until end of the sanctuary saga before switching to "la chanson des chevaliers" for asgard and poséïdon BUT for all rerun of the sanctuary saga, since that time, "la chanson des chevaliers" was also used for the sanctuary rerun, that's how France air anime back in time (sometimes it was with song, sometimes without, even recap could have been cut) song aren't part of the episodes betacam

2) there is not 2 french opening but 3 opening version for dbz
the first one recreated here by kei17 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyFnHqPLidQ was used in France in the first broadcast since episode 1 until half of the frieza saga if i correctly remember and maybe later as i haven't my VHS anymore , it was also used for the first VHS release of all movies and tvsp by AK vidéo company
3) the second one (the one well known used in all rerun and home video (and given to some country) ) was used since that point and for all rerun even of the firsts épisodes
4) the last one was used (it's only a song remix) in the boo saga you are right but not for the 200 like japanese song (as it's labelled as the 95 song it started to be used around episode 214 or 236 as the 214 was the first episode aired in 95 and 236 was the first episode aired for the new "season" of the "club dorothée" and song were mostly linked to the show and not from the anime