Free to watch Dragon Ball Z on the Catalàn app - Super3

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Free to watch Dragon Ball Z on the Catalàn app - Super3

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:13 am

Saw an ad on the channel Super3 itself, so I downloaded the app on the Play Store (dunno if it's also on iOS) and wow, I can watch full DBZ episodes legally and free of charge. However, as on the title, they're in Catalàn so it's not for everyone.

You'll either need to live in Spain, have a Spain VPN IP or possibly live/have an Andorra IP/VPN (they speak in Catalàn too).

Screenshots I took. Worth mentioning that the text on the eps are in original Japanese and all.

Kind of a shame it doesn't also offer Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball GT and Dragon Ball Kai but at least there's something to watch. :)

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Free to watch Dragon Ball Z on the Catalàn app - Super3

Post by sangofe » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:58 am

Is it censored?

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:35 am

sangofe wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:58 am Is it censored?
I assume so. European dubs back in the day were provided by AB Groupe (the first to get Dragon Ball licensed in the West, I think) so to make it "uncut" they'd use Japanese audio with subs (depending on the country).

Generally, the countries that dubbed Kai now have better Z dubs but the original Kikuchi score on Dragon Ball Z was placed properly and feels right at home.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:38 am

Yes. The French DVDs did what you explained. How did selecta vision go by it?

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:55 pm

sangofe wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:38 am Yes. The French DVDs did what you explained. How did selecta vision go by it?
Same way. Japanese audio + CAST subs.

It's a shame that Kai was never released in the Castillan side of Spain but there's something to fill the gap.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:41 pm

I've just checked back on this app and they've changed the episodes to some of the Artificial Human arc.

The Castillan cartoon streaming apps (Boing, Clan RTVE) still don't have any DB-related episodes. TVG was the network which dubbed Kai in Galego but apparently they don't have an Android app.

There is an app which streams Dragon Ball dubbed in English but it's not really legal and I'm not a fan of FUNimation's dub, even moreso of Z and GT which had US replacement music. I'm fine with Dragon Ball, though.

Dragon Ball series and movies are also available on Netflix Japan but you'd need a Netflix subscription + eligible VPN.