Videl's reaction to the photos of Gohan kissing another woman.

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TBMx
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Videl's reaction to the photos of Gohan kissing another woman.

Post by TBMx » Sun May 19, 2024 9:00 am

In the anime. Videl then, having seen photographic evidence of Gohan kissing someone else on the lips, instantly dismisses any thought that there may be something to this and immedately berates the messenger.

An understandable response if it was an accusation with nothing behind it. Not understandable if there's actual evidence behind it. Because its really obvious from Gohans reaction that this event actually took place. That it's not some AI or CGI completely fake photo. Gohan would just say thats not me I didnt do that, thats a fake photo.

Given thats the case, Gohan is an half alien who can move at bullet time speeds and has god like reflexes. He can dodge bullets even at very low powerlevels. So the idea that any human being is going to be able to lean in and catch him off guard for a kiss doesn't work either.

If he wanted to evade, hed evade. So one can only conclude that this event took place, which it did, and that Gohan didn't want to get out of the way of the kiss. The question I think Videl would want to be asking Gohan at this point is why.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Re: Videl's reaction to the photos of Gohan kissing another woman.

Post by theherodjl » Sun May 19, 2024 11:48 am

Uh...characters in DB have been caught off-guard on multiple occasions even in fights, so why exactly would they always be on-guard and use their powers to dodge physical interactions with other people in their everyday lives? It's not like Gohan had any reason to be thinking of dodging an attack when talking with an ordinary human who had no intention on attacking. If Goku in God form can fail to notice an attack from a non-fighter and have his abdomen pierced by a simple laser gun, Gohan can easily get surprise-kissed by an Idol girl.
As far as we've seen, Videl doesn't really have any reason to believe that Gohan is unhappy with her in their marriage that he would seek something elsewhere. I mean, if a superhuman with the power of a God wants to cheat, wouldn't he just cheat?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

TBMx
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Videl's reaction to the photos of Gohan kissing another woman.

Post by TBMx » Mon May 20, 2024 9:57 pm

theherodjl wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 11:48 am Uh...characters in DB have been caught off-guard on multiple occasions even in fights, so why exactly would they always be on-guard and use their powers to dodge physical interactions with other people in their everyday lives? It's not like Gohan had any reason to be thinking of dodging an attack when talking with an ordinary human who had no intention on attacking. If Goku in God form can fail to notice an attack from a non-fighter and have his abdomen pierced by a simple laser gun, Gohan can easily get surprise-kissed by an Idol girl.
As far as we've seen, Videl doesn't really have any reason to believe that Gohan is unhappy with her in their marriage that he would seek something elsewhere. I mean, if a superhuman with the power of a God wants to cheat, wouldn't he just cheat?
The anime itself establishes that Goku chooses to take Bulmas slaps. That if he wanted to he could easily evade it as youd expect. This kiss is much slower than a Bulma slap.

Goku getting tagged by a laser in Blue is non canon to the anime. Simply didn't happen. He was in powered down base. And the laser came from behind. We're talking about a kiss right in front of Gohans face.