"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

pacz360
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by pacz360 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:29 pm

kinisking wrote:My argument includes clips from the show and the belief that Omniking wouldn't hit himself with his own attack.

Your argument is based on him hitting himself with his own attack .

I'm the one making no sense and with no evidence...Okay .
Yes your not making sense....at all.
The omni king could give two shit 's about what happens because he's strong enough to tank what he can dish out
Nothing is even implied he can't tank his own attack and i posted a clip showing him destroying trunks timeline without a single scratch on him plain as day where everything was getting wiped out.
Your going with this notion that the god of the multiverse the dude who stronger than the gods, angels and the grand priest himself combined can't somehow survive his own attack where we literally saw him did while everything was nuked to oblivion he was just floating around in a sparkling void?
So yeah your not making sense at all.
Last edited by pacz360 on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:31 pm

Orb wrote:If we're doing crackpot theories I'll throw mine in and what I feel like it could go. I don't believe The Grand Priest is as nefarious as many of you seem to do. My idea goes back to the start of the arc where the two Zenos are playing together and they are at a standstill with 99-99 wins (Showing that they are equals). The Tournament ends and Goku is the victor. He wishes for the Universes to be brought back and perhaps merged together since the problem the Zenos had that there were too many universes to begin with. So the Present Zeno, being Goku's friend understands and lets it happen. But the Future Zeno disagrees because it goes against their judgement and he didn't get what he wanted from this tournament: enjoyment from all the destruction (considering the Zenos had no problem destroying planets for their little game in the beginning). The two Zenos argue and begin to fight and eventually they destroy each other because they are equals (who else better to get rid of Zeno than Zeno himself?).

Because they made a point of the Tournament being taken place in a separate dimension (The Void), their destruction have no effect on the multiverse. The god hierarchy is thrown out of a loop as its leader is no more. The gods, kais and angels are left to figure out how to carry out their order. Perhaps Grand Priest takes over (maybe that was his plan...) or there is a power vacuum, leaving others to fight for the top spot in the next arc.

Oh and Jiren and Goku are totally besties, leaving Vegeta and Hit to make a "Goku's Exes' Club".
I don't think Zen-o actually cares about the universe destruction at all. That all seems to be pushed solely by the Grand Priest for some unknown reason, and Zen-o goes along with it because they want the tournament and just don't care about things overall. I doubt either of them would get pushy about not destroying the universes - unless the Grand Priest could convince one of them somehow.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:38 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
kinisking wrote:Are you guys really assuming that Zeno is stupid enough to make sure he's caught in the damage of his own attack or what ?
There's nowhere for him to hide when it comes to universal, perhaps multiversal destruction in all possible directions. He was definitely still there when it happened as evidenced when they got back there to pick him up. He was floathing in a total void/nothingness.
Where could he possibly hide??
He doesn't have to hide. He just attacks all around him. Its not like Vegeta needed to hide from his attack in the Saiyan saga. I'm still not convinced that he actually does an attack by the way Whis words it. It feels like he just wills things out of existence. I'll admit, I really don't have evidence directly proving my glass cannon theory. It's mostly just inferring based on what they gave us. I refuse to believe he'd let himself in the crossfire of his own attack though.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:40 pm

pacz360 wrote:
kinisking wrote:My argument includes clips from the show and the belief that Omniking wouldn't hit himself with his own attack.

The omni king could give two shit 's about what happens because he's strong enough to tank what he can dish out
Nothing is even implied he can't tank his own attack and i posted a clip showing him destroying trunks timeline without a single scratch on him plain as day where everything was getting wiped out.
Your going with this notion that the god of the multiverse the dude who stronger than the gods, angels and the grand priest himself combined can't somehow survive his own attack where we literally saw him did while everything was nuked to oblivion he was just floating around in a sparkling void?
Again, you're looking at this from a standard Dragonball type of viewpoint. They'res a lot of things implying that the omniking isn't strong in the traditional sense. Like I said previously, I don't even think that was a ki blast. His power seems to come from being able to will things out of existence rather than just blowing things up. Even if it was a ki blast, it doesn't have to be touching him. It could be going outwards with him being the source. The same way Vegeta wasn't hit by his own attack in the Saiyan saga clip. If he did, he would've injured himself more which is a stupid thing to do.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:54 pm

kinisking wrote:
pacz360 wrote:

Again, you're looking at this from a standard Dragonball type of viewpoint. They'res a lot of things implying that the omniking isn't strong in the traditional sense. Like I said previously, I don't even think that was a ki blast. His power seems to come from being able to will things out of existence rather than just blowing things up. Even if it was a ki blast, it doesn't have to be touching him. It could be going outwards with him being the source. The same way Vegeta wasn't hit by his own attack in the Saiyan saga clip. If he did, he would've injured himself more which is a stupid thing to do.
We see him charging up an energy like attack right before goku and co. Hightail outta there.
The omni king isn't strong in the traditional sense because as stated before he's a child with nigh omnipotence meaning nothing in the db multiverse could hurt him let alone beat him
And vegeta is still a dumb example considering the guy emitted his attack through his body while the omni king was charging his attack with hands there are no way similiar.
He's strongest being so far in the series and if frieza can survive having a planet nuked in his face especially on earth
Than the god of the multiverse can survive his own attack nuked in his own face especially when he not even giving it his all.
So your really not making any sense here m8 the dude can tank his own attack just fine.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:25 pm

New pic from next eppie ! it doesn't reveal much though Image

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:43 pm

Just chiming in to say I love Boogie Back. I never thought I'd say that. It works great as a Bulma theme, and I love that they made her a focus of the ending.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:41 pm

batistabus wrote:Just chiming in to say I love Boogie Back. I never thought I'd say that. It works great as a Bulma theme, and I love that they made her a focus of the ending.
Yup, it's a great ending theme. DB super has been killing it with the endings imo.

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:31 am

Guys, there is this rumor that a TV guide Japanese magazine says since the androids didn't really fight hard battles in years and their reactor and cells have been increasing their powers and now they are majin Buu level

Can anyone confirm this? This seems really stupid and I might be my first rant about this series. I have raised the sword and shield for this but I be rigt there with the biggest haters of super

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:53 am

kinisking wrote:
batistabus wrote:Just chiming in to say I love Boogie Back. I never thought I'd say that. It works great as a Bulma theme, and I love that they made her a focus of the ending.
Yup, it's a great ending theme. DB super has been killing it with the endings imo.
It's a pretty good song, only thing kinda odd about it is there is bulma everywhere
Totamo wrote:Guys, there is this rumor that a TV guide Japanese magazine says since the androids didn't really fight hard battles in years and their reactor and cells have been increasing their powers and now they are majin Buu level
False, in my knowledge there is no such information revealed
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:42 am

Totamo wrote:Guys, there is this rumor that a TV guide Japanese magazine says since the androids didn't really fight hard battles in years and their reactor and cells have been increasing their powers and now they are majin Buu level

Can anyone confirm this? This seems really stupid and I might be my first rant about this series. I have raised the sword and shield for this but I be rigt there with the biggest haters of super
Says nothing of the sort here. http://m.imgur.com/idA8SPG?r In fact there's nothing new.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:16 am

I just thought of something, what if buu gest a major Powerup, beyond SSB levels In a short amount of time showing us how great of a fighter/natural monster he is, this way when goku trains uub, it would make sense as well..

Buu getting skinny might just be the start
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:46 am

Goku taking Oob in as his student wasn't without sense to begin with. They're kindred spirits in nature & started a martial arts journey to explore their future potential. With Goku needing alleviation from boredom & Oob desiring a better lifestyle for his village, it's a symbiotic relationship, among additional motives. The boundaries of their training sessions were left open-ended so anything Dragon Ball Super establishes (while it still flows before that journey) is likely incapable of interfering with that idea. I have an extra comment but I rather see where the serial is going with Boo before expressing it. It's ambiguous whether or not he'll continue The Universal Workout Plan of Power.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:37 am

I hope 17 turns out to have an ability or type of hax with the same attributes of an ultimate shield, that could be one of the reasons why he had such a dull expression when him and Goku had a fist clash. Plus him being the character that has that power can really help in the tournament.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:50 am

SansrivaaL wrote:I hope 17 turns out to have an ability or type of hax with the same attributes of an ultimate shield, that could be one of the reasons why he had such a dull expression when him and Goku had a fist clash. Plus him being the character that has that power can really help in the tournament.
Isn't he already shown to be possessing a shield bubble?
Nejishiki wrote:Goku taking Oob in as his student wasn't without sense to begin with. They're kindred spirits in nature & started a martial arts journey to explore their future potential. With Goku needing alleviation from boredom & Oob desiring a better lifestyle for his village, it's a symbiotic relationship, among additional motives. The boundaries of their training sessions were left open-ended so anything Dragon Ball Super establishes (while it still flows before that journey) is likely incapable of interfering with that idea. I have an extra comment but I rather see where the serial is going with Boo before expressing it. It's ambiguous whether or not he'll continue The Universal Workout Plan of Power.
Yeah, I always made sense, but goku training uub as someone who will protect when he isn't around wouldn't make much sense right now if uub isn't able to reach his levels as well, which are far above kid buu..
That could be established early on with buu reaching super high levels and that's what I was getting at

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:53 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:I hope 17 turns out to have an ability or type of hax with the same attributes of an ultimate shield, that could be one of the reasons why he had such a dull expression when him and Goku had a fist clash. Plus him being the character that has that power can really help in the tournament.
Yeah but I mean as the shield being his specialty/ultimate move and the one power he improved drastically.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:57 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
Yeah but I mean as the shield being his specialty/ultimate move and the one power he improved drastically.
Gt is very faint for me, but super 17 had a very good shield right?
Maybe they go that way with him here..
That's the move he is shown to be using when everyone is shown to be doing their strongest attacks..

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:59 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: Isn't he already shown to be possessing a shield bubble?
That's the move he is shown to be using when everyone is shown to be doing their strongest attacks..
Oh yeah, I forgot he had an ultimate type shield in GT, I hope they do the same here, then I wouldnt have any problem with SSJB Goku actually having a problem with the fist clash while 17 was stone as hell.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:45 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote: Yeah but I mean as the shield being his specialty/ultimate move and the one power he improved drastically.
Oh yeah, I forgot he had an ultimate type shield in GT, I hope they do the same here, then I wouldnt have any problem with SSJB Goku actually having a problem with the fist clash while 17 was stone as hell.
What was the weak point of his shield again?
Damn GT really didn't stick around for me

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:49 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: Gt is very faint for me, but super 17 had a very good shield right?
What was the weak point of his shield again?
Damn GT really didn't stick around for me
All I remember is 18 was attacking him with blasts and baby/toddler Goku went in for the dragon fist, maybe his shield can only cancel out energy beams and not physical ones? or cant stop simultaneous attacks of energy beams+physical attacks. I dont remember much as well, I even forgot that he had an OP shield which was his main power.