Official "Show off your Dragonball Crap" Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:36 pm

eienmic wrote:What in the hell has Jakks done to those figures? Why does the box say Vegetto yet the figure is so clearly Goku? Those ass monkeys need to get beat.
Woah, no need to go that far. If you're to blame anyone, blame whoever sculpted the figures (Jakks just distributed these ones and slapped their name on the corner of the packaging) for using the same face sculpt for all the Saiyan figures. The only reason you can tell that the figure is Vegetto is because of the earrings he's wearing (which, of course, are impossible to see in the picture I took).

Also, the packaging for all these figures is kinda weird, since they all have SSJ Goku on them. So I guess I could see the confusion there.

And the whole thing with these figures being black and white just makes it that much harder to tell the difference between character sculpts (especially since the only real difference between SSJ Vegetto and SSJ Goku is the color of their gi). And in Vegetto and Vegeta's case, you can't tell whether he's supposed to be at base level or not.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

eienmic
Not-So-Newbie

Post by eienmic » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:21 pm

The sculptors really crewed up. Even if the figure is wearing earrings, it's still not Vegetto. Vegetto doesn't wear wristbands like the figure does, he wears gloves like Vegeta. And why is his shirt a different color from his pants? His pants and shirt should be the same dark color and the inside shirt should be a lighter color. Don't these guys have a source image to work from?

To Sangofe and NeptuneKai: Actually, the bootleg sets do have the episode previews or at least the last episode of each disc does. Not defending them, just saying what's up.
http://eienmic.deviantart.com/

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:35 am

Hi, nice to meet you all. hajimemashite, konnichiwa. I'm kei17.

These are my all stuffs. Fortunately, I was born as a Japanese and grew up with original dragon ball. But since I'm still a high school student, I cannot buy many goods. So sometimes I draw DB myself

To DaemonCorps: The Japanese word "ベジート" printed on the package is wrong. In correct Japanese, it's "ベジット". I think that that's not a official one.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:53 am

Kei: What is tha Dragonball GT thing you have? And lol at only dvd showing is a funimation releaes of the bardock special xD

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:24 am

sangofe wrote:Kei: What is tha Dragonball GT thing you have? And lol at only dvd showing is a funimation releaes of the bardock special xD
It's a wafer. In Japan, there are still so many DB sweets like this though the DB series has concluded about a decade ago.
And.. yes, I have only one DVD, which is dubbed by bloody FUNimation! In fact, the dub is so bad but it's still worth buying because the bardock special is not released as single DVD in Japan.
Last edited by kei17 on Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:29 am

Godo wrote:
Vegard Aune wrote:
Carrie wrote:Wow, eienmic. However, now I'm stuck wondering: Why is Yajirobe on the spines of the tankobon twice? Hmm... :| :?:
Because Toriyama forgot that he had already placed him there once. It was actually mentioned at the start of one of the books. (At least in the norwegian version.)
In the Swedish too. Does Bonnier Carlsen distribute the Norwegian manga?
No, but all the Scandinavian releases are translation of each other and the German release, so they contain mostly the same text. Including a line about how the Buu arc starts "one year after Cell's defeat".

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:27 am

kei17 wrote:So sometimes I draw DB myself
And from the looks of it, you're pretty good. We have a FanWorks thread going, and we'd love to see anything you've got. :)
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:24 pm

kei17 wrote:
sangofe wrote:Kei: What is tha Dragonball GT thing you have? And lol at only dvd showing is a funimation releaes of the bardock special xD
It's a wafer. In Japan, there are still so many DB sweets like this though the DB series has concluded about a decade ago.
And.. yes, I have only one DVD, which is dubbed by bloody FUNimation! In fact, the dub is so bad but it's still worth buying because the bardock special is not released as single DVD in Japan.
I used to hear back in the day before the Dragonbox sets came out, nostalgic fans in Japan imported the FUNi dvds since they didn't have an official release themselves before 2003.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:05 pm

kei17 wrote:
That is true, the specials haven't been released on singles, yet.
Please check your pm :)

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:24 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
kei17 wrote:
I used to hear back in the day before the Dragonbox sets came out, nostalgic fans in Japan imported the FUNi dvds since they didn't have an official release themselves before 2003.
Heard that was the reason they didn't let Bandai release the original Mobile Suit Gundam in Japanese. The makers wanted to make their own money rather than have the fans import it from the US.

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:36 pm

Just wanted to say that I finally received my Dragonball 2,3,4 Boxset, the DBZ 1-3 movie boxset, DBZ movie 7, and DBZ movie 10 from Overstock. It actually arrived at 8:50 this morning, which was when I was up, and it was just sent to the mail boxes where I live, instead of being on my front steps. I had to wait all day! :cry: But it was worth the wait to have these long-awaited new arrivals to be added to my DB collection! :P Although DBZ movie 10 and the Dragonball 2,3,4 boxset had to be put away for Christmas with my Ipod. :?
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:11 pm

Ahead of time, I apologize for the bad quality. It was taken in a dark closet by a camera phone with spot light.

Okay, so basically what I have is:

Dragon Ball Ocean Dub VHS (Very Rare, worn condition: 13 Episodes, 2 Movies)
1: Secret of the Dragon Ball
2: The Nimbus Cloud of Roshi
3: Yamcha the Desert Bandit
4: The Ox-King on Fire Mountain
5: Boss Rabbit's Magic Touch
6: The Legend of Goku
Sleeping Princess in Devil's Castle (Uncut)
Curse of the Blood Rubies (Full-Length Feature)

Dragon Ball DVD (All in Excellent Condition)
The Path to Power
Sleeping Princess in Devil's Castle
Mystical Adventure

Ultimate Uncut (All in Excellent Condition): All of Ultimate Uncut
Vegeta Saga 1: Saiyan Showdown
Vegeta Saga 1: Piccolo's Plan
Vegeta Saga 1: Into the Wild
Vegeta Saga 1: Gohan's Trials
Vegeta Saga 1: Goku Held Hostage
Vegeta Saga 1: Doomed Heroes
Vegeta Saga 1: Back from the Dead
Vegeta Saga 2: Saiyan Invasion
Vegeta Saga 2: Ultimate Sacrifice

Frieza Saga (All in Excellent Condition): All of the Frieza Saga
Frieza - The Summoning
Frieza - Revealed
Frieza - Death of a Prince
Frieza - Clash
Frieza - Desperation
Frieza - Super Saiyan Goku
Frieza - Eleventh Hour
Frieza - Fall of a Tyrant
Frieza - Namek's end

Androids Saga (All in Excellent Condition): All of the Androids Saga
Androids - Invasion
Androids - Dr. Gero
Androids - Assassins
Androids - Invincible

Cell Saga (All in Excellent Condition): All of the Cell Saga
Imperfect Cell - Encounter
Imperfect Cell - Discovery
Imperfect Cell - Race Against Time
Imperfect Cell - 17's End
Perfect Cell - Hunt for 18
Perfect Cell - Temptation
Perfect Cell - Perfection
Perfect Cell - Unstoppable
Cell Games - Ultimatum
Cell Games - A Moment's Peace
Cell Games - Guardian's Return
Cell Games - The Games Begin
Cell Games - Surrender
Cell Games - Earth's Last Hope
Cell Games - Awakening
Cell Games - Sacrifice
Cell Games - Nightmare's End

Great Saiyaman Saga (All in Excellent Condition): All of the Great Saiyaman Saga
Great Saiyaman - Opening Ceremony
Great Saiyaman - Final round
Great Saiyaman - Gohan's Secret
Great Saiyaman - Declaration
Great Saiyaman - Crash Course

World Tournament Saga (All in Excellent Condition): All of the World Tournament Saga
World Tournament - Junior Division
World Tournament - The Draw
World Tournament - Black Out

Majin Buu Saga (All in Excellent Condition): All of the Majin Buu Saga
Majin Buu - The Hatching
Majin Buu - Atonement
Majin Buu - Revival
Majin Buu - Tactics
Majin Buu - Defiance
Majin Buu - A Hero's Farewell
Majin Buu - Emergence
Fusion - Evil Buu
Fusion - Play For Time
Fusion - Losing Battle
Fusion - Ambush
Fusion - Hope Returns
Fusion - The Last Saiyan
Fusion - Internal Struggle
Kid Buu - Regression
Kid Buu - Saiyan Pride
Kid Buu - The Price of Victory
Kid Buu - Vegeta's Plea
Kid Buu - A New Beginning

Dragon Ball GT (All in Excellent Condition): All of Dragon Ball GT
The Lost Episodes 1 - Reaction
The Lost Episodes 2 - Rejection
The Lost Episodes 3 - Ruination
The Lost Episodes 4 - Conviction
The Lost Episodes 5 - Activation
Affliction
Incubation
Creation
Proliferation
Ramifications
Preparation
Annihilation
Salvation
Calculations
Revelations
Evolution
Revolution
Realization
Conversion
Generations
A Hero's Legacy (The Movie)

Dragon Ball Z Movies (All in Excellent Condition): Missing 3 Movies
Dead Zone
The World's Strongest
Tree of Might
Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan
Broly: Second Coming
Bio-Broly
Super Android 13!
Bojack Unbound
Wrath of the Dragon
Fusion Reborn

Dragon Ball Z Remastered (All in Excellent Condition): Actively Collecting, All So Far
Season 1
Season 2
Season 3

PlayStation 2 Games (All in Excellent Condition)
Budokai 1
Budokai 2
Budokai 3
Budokai Tenkaichi
Budokai Tenkaichi 2
Super Dragon Ball Z

Playstation 1 Games
Dragon Ball: Final Bout (Excellent Condition)
Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Battle 22 (Excellent Condition)
Dragon Ball Z Legends (Slight Scratches, Worn Booklet)

So I don't have any Dragon Ball, will collect the "Remastered" ones when they come out.
I have practically all of the DBZ releases, except the entire Garlic Jr. Saga, 2 Ginyu DVDs, and 2 Trunks DVDs. Also missing the Bardock and Trunks Specials, as well as both Cooler movies and the Lord Slug movie. I have all of GT. I have all of the PS1 games, and have all of the PS2 games, except for Budokai Tenkaichi 3.

When I put "Excellent Condition" on something, that means that it is just as you'd get it from the store, minus the packaging. I have kept nearly everything in this condition. Nearly all of the boxes are in perfect condition with NO scratches on Any CDs/DVDs (except the Legends game). I watch it and put it right back into the box. No scratches.

SORRY FOR THE LONG POST!!!

kei17
I Live Here

Santa Goku

Post by kei17 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:55 am

I got this doll at a video arcade today

the original ero-sennin
Beyond Newbie

Post by the original ero-sennin » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:03 am

Ah, man. By the time Christmas rolls around, I will have some great additions to my DB collection. All 42 japanese tankobon, as well as some of Toriyama's other manga: Kajika, and those three one-shot tankobon. I think the movie 11 color tankobon. Included in this I will also be getting a few One Piece tankobon. I will be a very happy fan when it all arrives!

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:22 am

Adamant wrote:
Godo wrote:
Vegard Aune wrote: Because Toriyama forgot that he had already placed him there once. It was actually mentioned at the start of one of the books. (At least in the norwegian version.)
In the Swedish too. Does Bonnier Carlsen distribute the Norwegian manga?
No, but all the Scandinavian releases are translation of each other and the German release, so they contain mostly the same text. Including a line about how the Buu arc starts "one year after Cell's defeat".
Oh, that wasn't in the Swedish version :P .

Android Princess

Post by Android Princess » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:35 pm

I don't have a camera at the moment, so just imagine for a bit. I own:

-3 SSJ Goku Figurines from Burger King (These might be rare. I do not really know how to check, but I imagine they're rare. Burger King hasn't done DBZ toys in almost 6 years.) Ironically enough, I got two of them at different dates and they're still the same character. lol. (The other one I own my friend gave me.)
- 1 SSJ Goku Gashopon. (I bought it the other day to be honest. ^_^)
- 1 Dragonball Figurine with Piccolo sacrificing himself to protect Gohan.
- I have a Dragonball Z Bouncy Ball with Piccolo SOMEWHERE in my room, but sadly I can't find it. :(
- Volumes 1, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13 of the Viz Shonen Jump release.
-The Shonen Jump with the "Dragonball Collector" in it.

I don't have much, but I'm only 13. For what I have, I have quite a bit. :)

EDIT: I forgot the games I own!

-LoG 1 and 2
-BT 2 (For the Wii)
-Supersonic Warriors 2

I don't own much in the way of games, but that's because I don't own a PS2, I don't want to, but I do want a PS1, and then I might consider trying to find a few games.

EDIT again: I also own 1 Dragonball Z Video Tape, but I have no clue what condition it's in because I found it at a garage sale and I haven't watched it yet. I also own a DVD that came in a Kraft Dinner box. Someone at school gave it to me. I generally don't buy DVDs or VHS of anime because of the Internet, but those two and and Eureka Seven DVD are all I own in the way of DVD and VHS.
"You cannot recreate what you have done once, so live life to the fullest, and don't mess it up." -me.

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:28 pm

Godo wrote:
Adamant wrote:
Godo wrote: In the Swedish too. Does Bonnier Carlsen distribute the Norwegian manga?
Oh, that wasn't in the Swedish version :P .
Really? It's in both the Danish and Norwegian version, and the Swedish one was released inbetween those two. Huh.

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:36 pm

TheGreatness25 wrote:
The entire GT series... in box-set form?! :evil: I only have the Shadow Dragon saga in box-set form, wit the rest of the series not in boxes because I didn't know that the rest was in boxes... :x
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:41 pm

Damn, Greatness, that's some collection.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:36 pm

Thanks. Yeah GT did come out in box-sets. The first part of the Baby Saga is the first box-set, the second part of the Baby Saga and the entire Super 17 Saga is in the second box-set, and finally the Shadow Dragon Saga is in the third. They JUST released the box-set of the "Lost Episodes" which I got on the first day. I have a lot in box-sets, but some that I got off Ebay didn't come in box-set form actually, which is a pain because they look less organized. I have to make sure they're standing straight lol On Ebay there's this guy that I ordered from, he has his own store. Everything he sent me is brand new, original seal, even the security tags and everything. The problem is none of it was in box-set form. So I have the Great Saiyaman, Majin Buu (the 7 DVDs of it), and Ultimate Uncut without the boxes. Basically I have everything FUNimation released except 3 movies, 2 Trunks DVDs, 2 Ginyu DVDs, and the Garlic Jr. Saga. I don't know if I'd even be so nuts as to get those because when Season 3 comes out, that'll basically complete my entire collection.

So you see, there's no point of me putting down $1,800 for the Dragon Boxes because...well I have all of it lol And believe you me, it cost a pretty penny. The good news is I can watch the FUNimation one, or I can watch the Japanese one :) And actually, trying to watch the Japanese one, I found that on the Season sets, it's cool to actually listen to the dub with the original Japanese track. Surprisingly it's pretty cool. It's a different feel. Sometimes I'm in the mood for Faulconer (spelling?), sometimes this is nice.