Fan Works Explosion

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:04 pm

Yeah, well I usually don't draw that much anymore. I'm slowly starting to get back into drawing by hand again.

I think, I'm gonna attempt SSJ4 Goku, but in the way Toriyama drew him on the Dragon Box booklet (basically what SSJ4 Goku would look like in the manga, if Toriyama ever made a GT manga, which will never happen.)

EDIT: Here's the manga styled SSJ4 drawing. I kept drawing the eyes in a weird way so, I just said Fuck it and just kept it how it was. Other than that, it came out pretty good:

My drawing:

Original:

I took it another step further and made Toriyama's SSJ4 look like it came out of a manga page.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:49 pm

Thats really great, Furanki. Keep up the good work, man!

Man, I've been really behind in my "Adventurer" series due to work/school/etc. But I finally have Part II of the special out!
Well, it's finally here! The "Adventurer" special Chapter!
Entitled "Origina! Adventurer's Secret Past!" this is the first special that I've done with my own Fanmanga "Adventurer"(Check it out here) and I'm very happy to have part one up finally for all of you wonderful people out there to read!
This Special is extremely long, so I'll have to deliver it in 3 parts.(Each one over 20 pages long!) The next part will be next Friday, and the 3rd part will be the week after. Then, the regular schedule of "Adventurer" will continue on! smile-big

PREVIEW IMAGE

The story takes place before chapter one, and tells how Adventurer got started on his journey to restore his homeworld. It shows what happened to his parents, how he was raised, and the fate of his homeworld and friends. New characters will be introduced in this chapter. Some will be met again, some won't.

It took me a few weeks to draw at least part one. I started it last year, and then kind of dropped it for awhile. Then, I started back up again. There are a few things that bother me about it still, though. But thats mostly just smudges on the page or not blacking in some spaces very well. Overall, I'm pretty happy with it, and I hope you will be too!

So, without any further delay, "Adventurer" special one!

Direct Download
Part 1 | Part 2 |

PART 1
Title Page
Page 01
Page 02
Page 03
Page 04
Page 05
Page 06
Page 07
Page 08
Page 09
Page 10
Page 11
Page 12
Page 13
Page 14
Page 15
Page 16
Page 17
Page 18
Page 19
Page 20
Page 21
Page 22
Page 23
Page 24
Page 25
Page 26
Page 27

Part 2
Title Page
Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4
Page 5
Page 6
Page 7
Page 8
Page 9
Page 10
Page 11
Page 12
Page 13
Page 14
Page 15
Page 16
Page 17
Page 18
Page 19
Page 20
Page 21
Page 22
Page 23
Page 24
Page 25
Page 26
Page 27
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:51 pm

SSJ4 Furanki wrote:Yeah, well I usually don't draw that much anymore. I'm slowly starting to get back into drawing by hand again.

I think, I'm gonna attempt SSJ4 Goku, but in the way Toriyama drew him on the Dragon Box booklet (basically what SSJ4 Goku would look like in the manga, if Toriyama ever made a GT manga, which will never happen.)

EDIT: Here's the manga styled SSJ4 drawing. I kept drawing the eyes in a weird way so, I just said Fuck it and just kept it how it was. Other than that, it came out pretty good:

My drawing:
[SSj4 Goku drawing]
The heck is up with his hands??:shock:

Original:
[Toriyama SSj4 Goku]

I took it another step further and made Toriyama's SSJ4 look like it came out of a manga page.

[B&W Ssj4 Goku0
All you did was Grey-scale the image...
I am not going to lie and say your work is on a "Professional" level so-to-speak, but I am going to give you some constructive criticism: It really leaves much to be desired. There are no proportions, the hands look like he's holding cigars, and he looks really fat!(:P)

Now I am going to say this, and I mean no offense or insult by it, but you should really invest in some artist anatomy books. Learning proportions and figure drawing will really help you in a pinch! I started out about the same as you, and if I get around to it I will post some new drawings to show my latest developments in my skill. I am by no means a pro, but I am working on getting there. Good luck! :)
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:27 pm

Metalwario64 wrote: I am not going to lie and say your work is on a "Professional" level so-to-speak, but I am going to give you some constructive criticism: It really leaves much to be desired. There are no proportions, the hands look like he's holding cigars, and he looks really fat!(:P)

Now I am going to say this, and I mean no offense or insult by it, but you should really invest in some artist anatomy books. Learning proportions and figure drawing will really help you in a pinch! I started out about the same as you, and if I get around to it I will post some new drawings to show my latest developments in my skill. I am by no means a pro, but I am working on getting there. Good luck! :)
Listen to this man, don't end up like Kenshi and refuse criticism. That will end up screwing you over in the long run. Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit because he wouldn't listen to anyone’s honest opinions.

Anyway I think your drawings are decent and with a little work they will end up okay.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:30 pm

NeptuneKai wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote: I am not going to lie and say your work is on a "Professional" level so-to-speak, but I am going to give you some constructive criticism: It really leaves much to be desired. There are no proportions, the hands look like he's holding cigars, and he looks really fat!(:P)

Listen to this man, don't end up like Kenshi and refuse criticism. That will end up screwing you over in the long run. Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit because he wouldn't listen to anyone’s honest opinions.

Anyway I think your drawings are decent and with a little work they will end up okay.
Yeah, I'll take criticisms. Wow, now that I look at that drawing, there are tons of problems with it. Like his left hand looks weird (as you, Metalwario64 said), his right arm doesn't proportionally meet with his left arm, and as you said he's fat. I'll try to re-make at some point and make try to make it look better. I think the reason he looks way fatter than I drew him was, my scanner did this weird thing with this drawing and zoomed in on it. But, the disproportionate arms and hands, my fault.

Haha, you're right. With the actual Toriyama SSJ4 all I did was Grayscale it and colored in the rest of the hair. No point in lying about it.

Yeah, I also know my drawings aren't the best, but they aren't the worst.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:56 pm

NeptuneKai wrote:

:lol: I love how he started bashing Dragon Ball Z after people were trying to help him out. Either that or after everyone found that "one picture" in his PB account...
O, How I wish that thread was still around...
SSJ4 Furanki wrote:
NeptuneKai wrote:

Yeah, I'll take criticisms. Wow, now that I look at that drawing, there are tons of problems with it. Like his left hand looks weird (as you, Metalwario64 said), his right arm doesn't proportionally meet with his left arm, and as you said he's fat. I'll try to re-make at some point and make try to make it look better.

Yeah, I also know my drawings aren't the best, but they aren't the worst.
Just don't try to draw a full picture in the beginning. Start out with a basic frame and build up on it. http://www.bakaneko.com/howto/figure/an ... index.html is a very good starting point!
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:10 pm

Metalwario64 wrote:Just don't try to draw a full picture in the beginning. Start out with a basic frame and build up on it. http://www.bakaneko.com/howto/figure/an ... index.html is a very good starting point!
Thank you Metalwario64, I'll put this to use. I'm also gonna take your advice and build up a picture, little by little instead of just drawing a full picture at once.

Also, that was funny once people found "That Picture" on Kenshi's photobucket and then, he started bashing DBZ. Which ended up failing miserably.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:25 pm

Yeah, I wish Kenshi's thread had just been locked rather than removed. Those were some good times. At least it wasn't my FanWorks thread here he decided to rampage in... But let's not dwell on that now.
Metalwario64 wrote: Just don't try to draw a full picture in the beginning. Start out with a basic frame and build up on it. http://www.bakaneko.com/howto/figure/an ... index.html is a very good starting point!
I'll wholeheartedly vouch for the helpfulness of guides like that. Constantly following and using these things when I was a kid is how I learned to draw. That, and practice, practice, practice.

You need some basic understanding of body structure, like bone placement and how muscles actually connect to them. Especially when drawing burly, powerful characters from an action manga like DragonBall. If you don't actually structure the muscels right, they'll just end up looking like random lumps.

That's not to say copying isn't still useful either in its own way, though.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

COCONUT MILK
Beyond Newbie

Post by COCONUT MILK » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:44 pm

I've just done this cell picture.

http://saiyaniam.deviantart.com/art/Cel ... t-84002256

What do you think?

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:19 pm

Sweet. Anything like that being done in MS Paint is always impressive.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:36 pm

It sucks that these are all that we are left with, as these are his slightly better drawings! :lol: I also wish I could find out who said the quote in my signature! :(

Saiyavenger2941
Advanced Regular

Post by Saiyavenger2941 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:55 pm

Metalwario64 wrote:
It sucks that these are all that we are left with, as these are his slightly better drawings! :lol: I also wish I could find out who said the quote in my signature! :(
Wait a sec. That's supposed to be Trunks? Looks more like "Bio Broly".
COCONUT MILK wrote:I've just done this cell picture.

http://saiyaniam.deviantart.com/art/Cel ... t-84002256

What do you think?
You did that... In MSPaint? DAYUM. As you probably noticed by now, it's in my faves.

Man. Two Cells done in MSPaint, brilliantly. How the hell'd you guys pull that off?
[color=#30966E][b]PROUDLY Straight-Edge. Arrogant. Gohan and Videl obsessed. BE JEALOUS![/b][/color]
---
[url=http://bit.ly/F3l7t]DA[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/2FC03o]FFNet[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/pE5Xs]Youtube[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/lCOED]Facebook[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/rWFtp]Livejournal[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/zrd4v]Twitter[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/pYRHD]Flickr[/url]|PSN: Saiyavenger

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:47 am

SSj Kaboom wrote:You need some basic understanding of body structure, like bone placement and how muscles actually connect to them.
I'm gonna add that even if you wind up fudging the muscles some, just having a good bone structure underneath will go a long way in making your pictures look better.

Saiyavenger2941
Advanced Regular

Post by Saiyavenger2941 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:24 am

I'd like to add to the advice, but really, I SUCK at drawing. That's why I stick to graphics.

Speaking of which...

As mentioned a few pages back, I went back and redid some things with this. You can probably tell that the Gohan at the bottom right has been re-rendered. I also changed finishing filters, doing something similar to the original, but not as blurry and obscuring.

So... Feedback?
[color=#30966E][b]PROUDLY Straight-Edge. Arrogant. Gohan and Videl obsessed. BE JEALOUS![/b][/color]
---
[url=http://bit.ly/F3l7t]DA[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/2FC03o]FFNet[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/pE5Xs]Youtube[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/lCOED]Facebook[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/rWFtp]Livejournal[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/zrd4v]Twitter[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/pYRHD]Flickr[/url]|PSN: Saiyavenger

Vegeta Jr
Regular

Post by Vegeta Jr » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:03 pm

Here is an animated gif of Uub i did.
If you want to use it as an avatar just resize it to 80x80.

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:26 pm

I finally have all the SSJ forms of Goku in South Park Style done:

SSJ4 Goku - His hair was a pain in the ass, so it might not be perfect but I like it. I ended up editing my original SSJ Goku into this. I also added the muscles and made sure everything was proportionate.

When I drew the hair, I was looking at one of the drawings where there was the extra spikes.

EDIT: I re-drew the hair:

I'm now going to make Cell in South Park style, than Yi Xing Long. I already have Buu and Freeza done.

omegacwa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omegacwa » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:02 pm

Do any of you guys go to:
http://www.polykarbonbbs.com/

I have been going there for years but I probably only have like 5 posts, and I forgot my screen name, lol.

I should post some of my stuff here, but I don't really do "DB fanart" so I don't know if it would be appropriate.

saiyanprincess
Regular

Animated Gif

Post by saiyanprincess » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:11 am

To make an animated Gif, what programme do you use?
I've always been really interested, but just seemed to learn nonsence in my ICT class.

Is it very difficult? or can a blonde like me do it...
[b]"Ok, use your instincts Kakarott. Right or Left? (Hmmm... I'd have to say... left.) Good. Then I'm going right!" (Vegeta to Goku as they try to find their way to free the others inside Buu - Episode: The Innards of Buu)[/b]

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:23 pm

I kinda want to try and make something using java2d right now, but I'll probably wait until I get home and can use action figures for references...
I think I'll start with Saiyan Saga Goku, and if I can get it to look right, I might wind up trying to do more interesting stuff...
Ur... and I just realized I have no idea what color Goku's eyes are in base. :oops: . Well, I guess this post becomes a question, then.
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:06 pm

caejones wrote:I kinda want to try and make something using java2d right now, but I'll probably wait until I get home and can use action figures for references...
I think I'll start with Saiyan Saga Goku, and if I can get it to look right, I might wind up trying to do more interesting stuff...
Ur... and I just realized I have no idea what color Goku's eyes are in base. :oops: . Well, I guess this post becomes a question, then.
Are you saying what is Goku's eye color when in the non-transformed state? If so then they are black.