Dragon Ball Z Arabic dub thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Dragon Ball Z Arabic dub thread

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:59 pm

This thread is for discussing any memories or things you know about the Arabic dub, along with Spacetoon and Venus Centre's antics with the DBZ franchise (trust me, there are scenes where Kuririn and Gokū are referred to as Hoshi and Gogo, as an example. IDK how Spacetoon let script changes like this get past quality control. Or was there any?)
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragon Ball Z Arabic dub thread

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:06 pm

Is there any other anime dubbing company in Arab territory? I think Glitter Force Doki Doki has been licensed by a company that is NOT Venus Spacetoon. Sure its still censored to death, but its another company.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:22 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:06 pm Is there any other anime dubbing company in Arab territory? I think Glitter Force Doki Doki has been licensed by a company that is NOT Venus Spacetoon. Sure its still censored to death, but its another company.
I'm actually not sure. SPaceToon and MBT 3 are the most well-known channels. If you're talking about other dubbing companies, then IDK man. You'll have to talk to people who live or come from any of the following countries:

Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine parts of Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, the UAEs and Yemen
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:37 pm

I think you meant MBC 3.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:03 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:06 pm Is there any other anime dubbing company in Arab territory? I think Glitter Force Doki Doki has been licensed by a company that is NOT Venus Spacetoon. Sure its still censored to death, but its another company.
The Arabic dub of Future Boy Conan was produced by a company located in Qatar.

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:54 pm

I never could find an answer on this, but was the Arabic Kai dub any better than previous efforts? I know that dub got farther in the story than the Z dub did, actually finishing on the end of Freeza. I suppose I should also ask if the Super dub was (is?) any good.
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube