Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:41 pm

"My friends?" What is Buu doing playing nice with everyone? What's his end game here? And why's he lying about reading everyone's minds if he can do it anyway? He's either about to do a Sherlock Holmes by guessing what's going on based on clues, or he's about to make a fool of himself by blindly guessing and the witnesses contradicting him.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:31 pm

So he's going to cast off illusions huh.. That may lead to some of Bardock's visions but then again, how in the world could Bardock's premonitions predict illusions lol. Guess we'll know by next Sunday.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:46 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:41 pm "My friends?" What is Buu doing playing nice with everyone? What's his end game here? And why's he lying about reading everyone's minds if he can do it anyway? He's either about to do a Sherlock Holmes by guessing what's going on based on clues, or he's about to make a fool of himself by blindly guessing and the witnesses contradicting him.
I think he already knew everything that happened and is just pretending he had to read minds to find it out so nobody knows that he left them in the dark and blocked Goku and Vegetto from teleporting.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:47 pm

jjgp1112 wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:46 pm
ZeroNeonix wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:41 pm "My friends?" What is Buu doing playing nice with everyone? What's his end game here? And why's he lying about reading everyone's minds if he can do it anyway? He's either about to do a Sherlock Holmes by guessing what's going on based on clues, or he's about to make a fool of himself by blindly guessing and the witnesses contradicting him.
I think he already knew everything that happened and is just pretending he had to read minds to find it out so nobody knows that he left them in the dark and blocked Goku and Vegetto from teleporting.
That's kinda what the page says, he was watching, we see the Buu liquid eye stalk thing watching all the arena drama, we know he blocked everyone.
He says he can read the minds of the living and dead, which the narrations on the page says he can, he just didn't need to because he actually saw it anyway, but he lies to hide the fact he witnessed it. It's fiddly to explain but makes perfect sense.

Buu is just out to amuse himself, I'm not really sure he's evil per-se just a bored dick of a god.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:01 am

Buu is sarcastic in everything he does. That's why he says friends and saying he can read minds.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:54 pm

One of the moderators of the English forum said something interesting.

Ashanark:
Are we going to see another long, dragged out fight where the villain kills all the heroes? Are we going to see his breakdown and repentance? If so, spending time on Bra is just filler before we get to the main show. And if Vegito doesn't get redeemed--and we take Salagir at his word that Gogeta isn't going to happen, and that Goku and Vegeta have basically hit their ceiling in DBM--then who do we think is gonna beat Vegito? (Probably the person recently retconned to have her SS2 stronger than his SS1!)
Better steel yourselves for the possibility that Bra is gonna hijack the enter bloody thing.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:30 pm

Bra defeating Vegito would not only make Bra more hated it would make sense.

SS2 Vegetto should be the the level of power one needs to hit.

I'm not saying it has to be Gogeta at this point but it should definitely not be Bra if Vegetto is about to go on a rampage.

You know Gokhan would also be another good choice.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:16 am

Wouldn't it be something if Super Buu ended up being the one who saves the day?
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:28 am

miguelnuva1 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:30 pm Bra defeating Vegito would not only make Bra more hated it would make sense.

SS2 Vegetto should be the the level of power one needs to hit.

I'm not saying it has to be Gogeta at this point but it should definitely not be Bra if Vegetto is about to go on a rampage.

You know Gokhan would also be another good choice.
RandomGuy96 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:16 am Wouldn't it be something if Super Buu ended up being the one who saves the day?
We’ll look at it this way, narratively speaking who logically has the most reason within the story to be the one take down Vegetto?

Goku and Vegeta should be up their but the pair have had almost no real connection or conflict with him personally during the whole story. With Gogeta off the table, they now have no logical way to challenge him without Vegetto being severely weakened first. Given how the Majin Bra fight went, they are unlikely to get anything more then a token gesture at best before being put out of action or killed.

Super Buu is another likely candidate but narratively it dose t quit fit. Buu has been a very neutral character so far, with all his actions being a step towards his own goals. Every overtly evil thing he dose seems to just be a pretence yet at the same time he lets the Babidi take over happen purely for his amusement it would seem. He’s more then likely going to be the Cell of the Vegetto fight, likely falling in the face of Vegetto’s raw power despite all his skills and abilities. Just like Cell did to Majin Bra.

Gohan might be an option but he’s to weak and as with Cell, intelligence and strategy mean nothing if the author wants something specific to happen.

So were dose that leave us? Who the only character who has any real connection to Vegetto? Who has suffered the most at his hands according to the author? Bra. Vegetto has been turned into a horrible person and in the last few chapter been retrospectively made into the demon of Bra’s life.

As much as that doesn’t make sense both in and out of the story on the page, Salagir seemed to be setting up Bra to be the final hero of the story or at least the one to take down Vegetto in the end. She now has control of her SS2 form since the after affects of the Majin State are apparently staying according to Salagir, so there’s nothing stopping her pulling SS3 out her ass and surpassing SS2 Vegetto if Salagir wants that to happen.

It would be the worst possible thing to happen but with the way things are going and have happened, it’s very likely that’s were we’ll find ourselves down the line.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:08 pm

Bra doesn't make any narrative sense as the hero, either. Vegito doesn't want to kill anyone else. Just his POS murdering daughter. While others will come to Bra's defense, I don't see him going on a murderous rampage. Bra defeating Vegito in the end wouldn't make her a hero, either. The only one she would be saving in that situation is herself. And again, Vegito gave her several chances before. This is strike three. Bra is a monster, not a victim.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:00 pm

Lord Frieza wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:54 pm One of the moderators of the English forum said something interesting.

Ashanark:
Are we going to see another long, dragged out fight where the villain kills all the heroes? Are we going to see his breakdown and repentance? If so, spending time on Bra is just filler before we get to the main show. And if Vegito doesn't get redeemed--and we take Salagir at his word that Gogeta isn't going to happen, and that Goku and Vegeta have basically hit their ceiling in DBM--then who do we think is gonna beat Vegito? (Probably the person recently retconned to have her SS2 stronger than his SS1!)
Better steel yourselves for the possibility that Bra is gonna hijack the enter bloody thing.
Maybe main universe Goku and Vegeta use Potara and its Vegetto vs Vegetto. Plot twist- maybe they're the ones that go crazy and the vision was about.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:49 pm

Weird that we still have visions of Bardock to play out and Bardock is dead so can't tell anyone.

It's all very weird.

One Gohan must be alive for the visions and so must one Piccolo. (Probably the one who had his skull cracked rather than the one who got exploded)

I assumed all the DB's are inaccessible now seemingly all the organisers and Nameks are dead and the control tower destroyed but Gohan is holding a broken one saying "he won't get his wish" which we assume means Vegito but it could be way later and refer to someone else.

We still have Yamcha saying "you beat everyone else but you can't beat me" to an unknown opponent, presumably XXI rather then Veggetto, he must have some android way to bypass his hax.

Goku being optimistic with Bra about beating Vegetto...

A Cell Jr? Perhaps Cell foresaw his death and did a true Piccolo Daimao reincarnation Cell Jr offscreen...

We also know from his special that Buu has the ability to bring people back to life... which is pretty OP, perhaps he does that but is then killed or taken out by XXI.

Annoyed we have another day to wait.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:51 pm

dario03 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:00 pm
Lord Frieza wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:54 pm One of the moderators of the English forum said something interesting.

Ashanark:
Maybe main universe Goku and Vegeta use Potara and its Vegetto vs Vegetto. Plot twist- maybe they're the ones that go crazy and the vision was about.
That'd be a fun theory but I'm sure it's just Gogeta normally being weaker but Goku and Vegeta being now being improved since Vegitto was made closing the gap or winning with help.

I'm fine with Vegetto being beat down, and I'm fine with him being a dick, a new being who's all their worst faults and never been harmed and stuff I can see him being a crazy asshole.

I don't even mind bras characterisation except for Sal is pretending she's sympathetic and favouring her when she should have lost like 5 times in that battle.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:30 pm

I'm really thinking Salford saying Gogeta isn't coming is just him not wanting to spoil it.

Broly vs Vegetto is what put DBM on the map and the next fight that would generate hype like that would be Gogeta againts Vegetto.

If he wants Bra to be the ultimate victor what better way then to have Gogeta wear Vegetto down first.

Gogeta vs Vegetto also sets up intreasting narratives moments as Gogeta could mention how Vegetto isn't a god or where he went wrong in life only for Vegetto to bring up Gogeta is only around 30mins and gets to be Goku and Vegeta again when he's done.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:49 pm

TobyS wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:51 pm I don't even mind bras characterisation except for Sal is pretending she's sympathetic and favouring her when she should have lost like 5 times in that battle.
I think that’s everyone’s problem. It’s not that she’s a horrible person that i mind, it’s not that’s she strong or a good fighter. It that Salagir is bending over backwards to protect her in the story, is writing her very badly and then trying to make out that she a good person underneath it all and we should care while also saying she isn’t. Hell half his responses to critics is “I bet you like Vegeta and Tien though”, clearly missing the point of how those characters were written and changed through the story.
miguelnuva1 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:30 pm I'm really thinking Salford saying Gogeta isn't coming is just him not wanting to spoil it.

Broly vs Vegetto is what put DBM on the map and the next fight that would generate hype like that would be Gogeta againts Vegetto.

If he wants Bra to be the ultimate victor what better way then to have Gogeta wear Vegetto down first.

Gogeta vs Vegetto also sets up intreasting narratives moments as Gogeta could mention how Vegetto isn't a god or where he went wrong in life only for Vegetto to bring up Gogeta is only around 30mins and gets to be Goku and Vegeta again when he's done.
As much as I like to believe that, I dought it. First that image of Vegetto and Gogetta crossing arms is gone from the website. Second Salagir has clearly course corrected this manga with his favouritism towards Bra and writing her in a way that not in step with earlier chapters. Of course that could just be bad writing on his part but it doesn’t feel that way to me.

Also why hide something pretty much everyone who started reading DBM expected to happen? Is Salagir pulling a Rose Quartz and deliberately misleading people only to do the bloody obvious anyway? Because creating red herrings after the fact is just bad writing in and of itself also. It’s not cleaver it’s a wast of your audiences time.

Slangh
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Slangh » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:11 pm

Well here comes the bombshell.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:34 pm

Papa is disappoint.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:21 pm

I'm guessing this is where Vegetto picks up a dead Gohan by the neck as in Bardock's visions.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:35 pm

Really interested in seeing how Vegetto will act from now on, but just to get this straight: Bra has fallen by Badidi's magic like Vegeta, but she did what she actually felt like doing? Because if so, I don't get why the remorse.

ZeroNeonix wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:41 pm And then evil Bra stabs good Bra with an energy blade.

"Just kidding! You didn't think a stupid little speech like that would stop me after all I've done, did you?"
Coming from someone who despised the whole year and a half of Bra killing spree, this actually would amuse me lol
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:10 am

Noah wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:35 pm Really interested in seeing how Vegetto will act from now on, but just to get this straight: Bra has fallen by Badidi's magic like Vegeta, but she did what she actually felt like doing? Because if so, I don't get why the remorse.

Because Bra is weak minded unlike Vegeta it can be argued that Badidi took her fear of Vegetto and her wanting to surpass Gohan and turned it into full own hate for her family as it says he takes the faintest of evil and amplifies it.

She's clearly remorseful now.